Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

If Ankersen gets his way and gives Jones more time then a dire situation immediately becomes even worse with lasting damage between the owners and the fan base. If the Board cannot see that then they are not  fit for purpose. Untenable means untenable now. Say we draw v Wolves then lose (likely), what then. It’s turning into a circus and Ankersen saving face is putting the club into serious peril. 

This is my massive concern, how can we, as a fan base, have trust in the ownership group if they ignore the obvious and plough forward here? This isn't a fickle fan base calling for a managers head after a few games, this is a club being torn apart by someone who is entirely unhinged and anyone with an ounce of sense will see that this is not sustainable, you gain nothing by giving anyone a chance here.

You'd struggle to trust them with any decision going forward, and let's face it even though they've tried things, their decision making up to now has been inept.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

If Ankersen gets his way and gives Jones more time then a dire situation immediately becomes even worse with lasting damage between the owners and the fan base. If the Board cannot see that then they are not  fit for purpose. Untenable means untenable now. Say we draw v Wolves then lose (likely), what then. It’s turning into a circus and Ankersen saving face is putting the club into serious peril. 

Can't see how some of the players will actually play for him now

• Like 1

We need a manager bounce… could happen on Saturday if he’s gone..  reports that players are not happy won’t help Saturdays performance. He needs to be out of if his misery, imagine going 1 down on Saturday.. it’s gonna be horrendous. Sports republic are trying their best to resemble absolute amateurs.

Edited by madge

I can live with him digging back at fans etc. Fine. We’ve sung songs at him, we deserve some stick back if he turns it around and wins a game. (Not that he will).   

But I cannot live with him insulting individual players - specifically our best player - Lavia. 

Its fucking insane to keep him at this point. Literally insane. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DT said:

Alex Crook - the 'vibe' he is getting is no decision today. Pinch of salt, guys

If they don't make a decision today then its fans forum tomorrow supposedly and then it probably won't happen this week so he's getting Wolves which is a waste of time for everyone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Osvaldorama said:

I can live with him digging back at fans etc. Fine. We’ve sung songs at him, we deserve some stick back if he turns it around and wins a game. (Not that he will).   

But I cannot live with him insulting individual players - specifically our best player - Lavia. 

Its fucking insane to keep him at this point. Literally insane. 

Also playing DCC and others in a reserve game the day before the first team play is unhinged. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Would be typical of saints for the entire crowd to go nuts, the players to be shit on purpose and we lose 10-0 v wolves before sports republic make a change.

Wasting another 3pts.

This surely can’t happen, but the one chance of the Welsh windbag being in charge on Saturday lies with Ankersen. I can envision an unanimous board and then Ted Talk pipes up ‘aha, but sacking him is just what our opponents would expect us to do…’ 

If that happens I hope Dragan does a Spectre on the wanker and the trapdoor opens up into a shark tank. 

4 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Talk about sitting on the fence!!

He’s such a plebeian. He actually has no one who ‘told him’. Like those two pollocks on SSN, just scours Twitter and pretends he is ITK.

I remember when he blocked me cos I told him Wanyama was at Saints, not Cardiff, for a medical. Prized pollock with zero ITK status.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DT said:

Next manager betting on Skybet has Gerrard in second place. Dear God.

Gallardo top, Poch third, Nuno Espirito  fourth, then Benitez and Parker

Pls, whoever it is, make sure they have some decent PL and media handling experience!

I wonder if a viable solution is this, place him on stress leave effective immediately, offer a 6 month contract with as much money as possible to every good candidate and reassess at the end of the season

that way no one loses face immediately, we might be able to get a very highly credentialed candidate and everyone has some hope again

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Ralph said:

Bit strange to refer to a specific manager?

Galardo was someone many ITK's were referring to back in October time, he was leaving Boca and were supposedly well up for getting him and had chats.

But we decided Sunday league Jones was the better bet, and more expensive too, go figure.

What do the board actually expect the fan base to do for the Wolves game if they don't sack him?

I'd go as far as saying he's hated by number of the fanbase and severely disliked by the majority. it'll be toxic. He's going to get peppered by supporters and St Mary's isn't going to be very pleasant on Saturday, which will magnify if(when) we lose to Wolves. It's public knowledge a number of players dislike him, why run the risk of further damage at Staplewood. Even if they don't feel there's a better option out there right this minute, he's surpassed underperforming with his conduct to the supporters, players and media.

The irony is, I got to know a very good hard working man lose his job in the EFL this year and he was totally devastated he lost his job. It made me really reflect on that these are blokes are Husbands, Fathers, Friends and that supporters need to wind their necks in at times. However NJ has made me dismiss that attitude and he deserves to know his conduct AND performance is not acceptable. 

Edited by Monk
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

If Jones is there on Saturday it will at the very least be entertaining. 

If we lose he’ll blame the fans, the players, the kitmen, the pitch, the groundsman, the stadium, the tea lady, the away fans, Ralph, the position of the sun, the former Ted Bates statue etc. 

If we win it’s due to Nathan Jones himself being one of the greatest managers in Europe and an absolute tactical genius who can perform under the toughest of conditions. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Weird how he's normally so circumspect now he's just blabbing everything like a switch has flipped. 

I imagine being shunned for the Fans Forum is a big part. If they don’t give him any privilege, he owes them nothing. He is to be a voice for the fans in the press. If he has a relationship with the club, which he did, he has to manage that somewhat. If he doesn’t, it’s free country. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monk said:

What do the board actually expect the fan base to do for the Wolves game if they don't sack him?

I'd go as far as saying he's hated by number of the fanbase and severely disliked by the majority. it'll be toxic. He's going to get peppered by supporters and St Mary's isn't going to be very pleasant Saturday which will magnify if(when) we lose to Wolves. It's public knowledge a number of players dislike him, why run the risk of further damage at Staplewood. Even if they don't feel there's a better option out there right this minute, he's surpassed underperforming with his conduct to the supporters, players and media.

The irony is, I got to know a very good hard working man lose his job in the EFL this year and he was totally devastated he lost his job. It made me really reflect on that these are blokes are Husbands, Fathers, Friends and that supporters need to wind their necks in at times. However NJ has made me dismiss that attitude and he deserves to know his conduct AND performance is not acceptable. 

they’ve got to sack him now. I can’t see us staying up or any fans getting on side if he stays. our only hope is if we change now and get a manager with actual hope, who we can all get behind from the wolves game onwards. appointing selles or keeping jones will retain the toxicity taking us down.  

5 minutes ago, Sir Ralph said:

Bit strange to refer to a specific manager?

He also name dropped Gallardo when we sacked Ralph. I think this is just his personal opinion on an available manager that could do well. I’d take him but I read he has recently rejected Ajax so perhaps a non starter.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

It’s a crying shame Jones has failed to galvanise the squad and make it work, but whatever he’s been doing since he arrived has clearly not worked. It would be wrong however not to include Selles and the other coaches in the criticism, unless of course they’ve had no voice in tactics and training which is not what we’re led to believe by Jones. If Jones has been badly affected by the derision from various quarters then we have a clear sign that he’s not a good choice to lead an elite top level football team…you have to rise above that and as someone else has said, have total belief in yourself from the get go.

To be honest, I would really like to have Jones explain who he was referring to in his conference. I accept he will likely be sacked without ever explaining himself. However, if those influences remain and influence the next manager, then as a club we are no further forward. Is it the players? Ankersen? Semmens? Selles? His father in law? WHO is telling him how to set up the team? WHO is dictating tactics? WHO is taking training? Above all else, if there is an undue influence, it needs to be resolved first.

Unfortunately, Jones will likely be sacked for shooting his mouth off. He should have gone ahead, named the offenders and accepted the consequences. However,  to have dropped hints by inference only protects the anonymity of the offender(s).

7 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

It will be something between rage and humour ! 

It should be quite fun though watching the fans berate him for 90 mins.

I like to think that home fans will be fully up for it......until we go 0-1 down and then all hell will break loose. If that happens, the word toxic won't even get close....

2 minutes ago, Dr. Kucho said:

If we lose he’ll blame the fans, the players, the kitmen, the pitch, the groundsman, the stadium, the tea lady, the away fans, Ralph, the position of the sun, the former Ted Bates statue etc. 

If we win it’s due to Nathan Jones himself being one of the greatest managers in Europe and an absolute tactical genius who can perform under the toughest of conditions. 

arguably rightfully so due to his not so stellar record, however the fans did make it toxic from day one. people were told to shut the fuck up for chanting his name from day one. didn’t even get a chance. luckily he turnt out to be shit anyway so made no difference.

2 minutes ago, the saint in winchester said:

To be honest, I would really like to have Jones explain who he was referring to in his conference. I accept he will likely be sacked without ever explaining himself. However, if those influences remain and influence the next manager, then as a club we are no further forward. Is it the players? Ankersen? Semmens? Selles? His father in law? WHO is telling him how to set up the team? WHO is dictating tactics? WHO is taking training? Above all else, if there is an undue influence, it needs to be resolved first.

Unfortunately, Jones will likely be sacked for shooting his mouth off. He should have gone ahead, named the offenders and accepted the consequences. However,  to have dropped hints by inference only protects the anonymity of the offender(s).

Assuming this person influencing Nathan actually exists.....

• Like 2

Just now, SotonianWill said:

1-2 oclock i’ll go. i’m feeling lucky. 

Reckon they will want to diffuse the fans forum at the latest possible opportunity, if they are. Give them time to get the new person in and sweetness and light at the event. Or they will just can it...

41 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

Fair play to whichever one of you clever fuckers did this last night 😂1EB6E230-D377-476C-899D-440EFCB6914B.thumb.jpeg.2b9ef3dda18cc36ae3389e5d7e7f227e.jpeg

From the genuine page, how's this for logic ?

"He became homesick at Luton so took an opportunity to move to Spain with Badajoz and then Numancia "

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SaintLondon said:

Blackmore can't wait for him to go.

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 11.09.34.png

Poch also managed without even speaking english to the fans! 

Just over 20 years, we appointed a very unpopular manager in WGS. He won over the fans quickly as well. The issue isn't the fans, it's the manager. Even look at the way he often refers to the club as 'they' rather than 'we'. He is just utterly divisive. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!