Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

14 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I don't see a way back for him either, it just feels like we're delaying the inventible and it's just nonsense.

The game against Brighton was terrible, Fulham had a slight uptick but we still lost, Forest - let's not go there, Everton was a fight back but no real outstanding aspects from the performance, Villa wasn't ''that'' bad but it was another loss, Brentford was disgustingly bad. When you listen to them speaking about improvements etc, there have been no improvements over a decent period - just regression. These were Jones comments after the Brighton game:

"We've come here to change the aggression and change the dynamic to the football in terms of that but today we didn't," the Welshman said.

"We wanted to be aggressive, we wanted to press high but we didn't do the basics well enough and when they got near our goal - which at times was far too easy - conceded poor, poor goals. Goals that should never have gone in.

"If you don't defend the box well enough in the Premier League, you're going to struggle. They've only kept one clean sheet all season and that's something we have got to change."

He's still saying the same today, almost 2 months on from that. When does it change Jones?

Which is fine until you watch his team selection and tactics where the front 3 and JWP press but the defence is just outside our box leaving a massive hole for opposing team to pass and chip into bypassing us and getting at back 4 so easily.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I notice the club have trotted Bree out to speak in support of the manager, that's not obvious at all is it?

I'd have preferred to hear DCC talk about him.

This is my second reworking of a classic today *cough*

“You've got a friend in Bree
You've got a friend in Bree
When the road looks rough ahead
And you're miles and miles
From your nice warm Bed(fordshire)
You just remember what your old pal said
Boy, you've got a friend in Bree
Yeah, you've got a friend in Bree”

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Griffo said:

Absolutely ridiculous. 

Race to the bottom ‘I hate Jones more than you’ type snowball effect from modern football fans. We’ve been shit for a long time now and continued to be shit under Jones. Players and the board all culpable too. Lack of investment in a striker to date is just as much, if not more to blame. Or the constant years on end we’ve had of selling our best players for big money and only spending a fraction of it on replacements.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s clearly not the right man for the job in the long term but I think 100% of the frustration is being aimed at someone who’s not 100% to blame and is just taking down an already sinking ship.

It’s clear from the sounds coming out of the club that the players want to play for him at least, so rather than forcing the hand of the club yet again how about we do something we seemingly haven’t been able to do since the late 90s and actually support.

Or alternatively stick to your hashtags.

Sorry, don’t agree. Worse than Branfoot. Sometimes you have to make your voice heard.

Ive backed a plethora of rubbish managers for this club. I backed Sturrock ffs!!!

This guy is an embarrassment and I wouldn’t have him at the helm of my Sons under 11 rugby team never mind the frontline of a multimillion pound business.

Give him back to Luton. He obviously thinks they’re the best in Europe.

In fact 9/10 Saints fans would rather have Harry Redknapp back than this guy. 
We know how this ends. He can’t pull it back enough to turn the crowd. Better now when we still have a chance.

Edited by Warriorsaint
  • Like 11
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Ah but why if we win 4-0 on Saturday? Just asking.

If we lose he should ve sacked by 5pm  If we win it's only right we give him a bit more time. So he should be allowed to pop back on Sunday morning to collect his personal belongings. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

27 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

This is my second reworking of a classic today *cough*

“You've got a friend in Bree
You've got a friend in Bree
When the road looks rough ahead
And you're miles and miles
From your nice warm Bed(fordshire)
You just remember what your old pal said
Boy, you've got a friend in Bree
Yeah, you've got a friend in Bree”

the luton one was:

sweet dreams are made of these,

who am I to disagree,

I travel the world and the seven seas,

everybodies looking for james bree 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CamberwellSaint said:

I know some people thinks its getting a bit of a pile-on with Jones [I don't- he blamed the fans for his own decisions], but can anyone imagine Jones speaking as eloquently, articulately, respectfully, calmly... in a second language?

f-ing hell, compare this to the jones training ground video. Kompany has it right.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CamberwellSaint said:

I know some people thinks its getting a bit of a pile-on with Jones [I don't- he blamed the fans for his own decisions], but can anyone imagine Jones speaking as eloquently, articulately, respectfully, calmly... in a second language?

Light and day.

I think when Burnley appointed him in the summer there was a level of scepticism due to his lack of experience as a manager, but he removed any scepticism by his actions on and off the football field. 

What did we have Jones doing? Mic'd up on the training ground telling players to run harder, and then saying Romeo done. 

Kompany is a PL manager in waiting, he has that aura. Jones just doesn't have any sort of aura about him, I just don't see why we are prolonging this.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, JRM said:

I think it will start before that, the B team play Friday midday, that line up will be interesting 

I think given how last week went. Id be shocked if players that are potentially in contention will be plying on Friday.

Possibly players like Djenepo and ABK might play who may not be fit, but would DCC should start Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

I think given how last week went. Id be shocked if players that are potentially in contention will be plying on Friday.

Possibly players like Djenepo and ABK might play who may not be fit, but would DCC should start Saturday. 

Didn't we get fed some bollocks last week about players in the B team not necessarily meaning they wouldn't play on the Saturday?  What happened to them?

25 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Didn't we get fed some bollocks last week about players in the B team not necessarily meaning they wouldn't play on the Saturday?  What happened to them?

Yeah, he did say that. Which as we knew was nonsense.

Going by Orcic's instagram he was sat at home reading a book whilst we were getting bummed by Brentford with Elyounoussi playing. Good use of a new January signing.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 9

30 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Light and day.

What did we have Jones doing? Mic'd up on the training ground telling players to run harder, and then saying Romeo done. 

Have to confess I'd never noticed we did a training one. Just watched it. It's embarrassing.

"quick quick quick", "eh bit of personality", "if we can now start enjoying ourselves", "is there a bib?", "everything nice and sharp and fast and penetration". "can we have that voice and enthusiasm".

Having been with the players for a few weeks at that point, its genuinely appalling that he's barking cliches and School-Team-Dad stuff at them.

Do you notice that none of the players are looking at him? If this is what the club media people thought was the "best bit", can you imagine what the worst was like?

Very difficult to believe that the dressing room as a whole is playing for him now, even if Bree is.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, CamberwellSaint said:

I know some people think its getting a bit of a pile-on with Jones [I don't- he blamed the fans for his own decisions], but can anyone imagine Jones speaking as eloquently, articulately, respectfully, calmly... in a second language?

Rather like Bullseye for Saints fans - come and have a look at what you could have won...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CamberwellSaint said:

I know some people think its getting a bit of a pile-on with Jones [I don't- he blamed the fans for his own decisions], but can anyone imagine Jones speaking as eloquently, articulately, respectfully, calmly... in a second language?

Exactly. Jones can barely bumble English, let alone anything else. I said in the very early days that Tella is in the league below being coached by Kompany, and we have Nathan Jones. 

It really sums up this utter shambles of an appointment. 

Edited by LGTL
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, CamberwellSaint said:

Great post and interesting too. I watched it though and just wondered how players like Obafemi would get their head round what he was saying!

I note Dyche says that players should train like they are playing i.e. not hats, snoods etc. I note todays photos players wearing exactly that snoods, hats etc. Therefore are the coaches working them hard enough.

Dyche, the more I hear the more I feel the club missed golden opportunity.

Huddersfield acting decisively

York acting decisively

Leeds did couple day ago.

Saints still sleep walking if as fans forum suggest they think Jones can turn it around. Best outcome Wolves win and Jones speaking his mind having a rant at how great he is that should be final nail.... Hope doesn't cost us another opportunity. Games are running out fast now.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Give it to Ron said:

Which is fine until you watch his team selection and tactics where the front 3 and JWP press but the defence is just outside our box leaving a massive hole for opposing team to pass and chip into bypassing us and getting at back 4 so easily.

This. So evident in games,  the gap between attack an defence - Newcastle away for me was the best example of this happening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

He’s fluent in Spanish, other than that, good point well made. 

Good point- I remember this now from when he joined.

Surely there's a PR easy win here- get Jones to soft-ball interview Alcaraz in Spanish. Wonder why Ankersen and his allies on the board haven't done something so obvious that might get some fans more disposed to Jones?

4 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I don't see a way back for him either, it just feels like we're delaying the inventible and it's just nonsense.

The game against Brighton was terrible, Fulham had a slight uptick but we still lost, Forest - let's not go there, Everton was a fight back but no real outstanding aspects from the performance, Villa wasn't ''that'' bad but it was another loss, Brentford was disgustingly bad. When you listen to them speaking about improvements etc, there have been no improvements over a decent period - just regression. These were Jones comments after the Brighton game:

"We've come here to change the aggression and change the dynamic to the football in terms of that but today we didn't," the Welshman said.

"We wanted to be aggressive, we wanted to press high but we didn't do the basics well enough and when they got near our goal - which at times was far too easy - conceded poor, poor goals. Goals that should never have gone in.

"If you don't defend the box well enough in the Premier League, you're going to struggle. They've only kept one clean sheet all season and that's something we have got to change."

He's still saying the same today, almost 2 months on from that. When does it change Jones?

Could it be that we are going to change him for someone else, and they haven’t finalised that yet, so are keeping him until that point?

3 hours ago, CamberwellSaint said:

Wow. That's more impressive in less than 2 minutes than anything I've seen from Jones. Lucky Burnley. 

Edited by hypochondriac

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Yeah, he did say that. Which as we knew was nonsense.

Going by Orcic's instagram he was sat at home reading a book whilst we were getting bummed by Brentford with Elyounoussi playing. Good use of a new January signing.

Whe is you say it out loud it sounds even more moronic. What possible reason is there to not at least have him o the the bench and give him a chance over someone who is a proven failure. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CamberwellSaint said:

Honest question - what’s so special about Kompany’s speech there?  

I’m not an NJ fan and have posted my dismay over that mic’d up training sessions on a few occasions on here, but none of us really know how NJ is behind closed doors. He could be just like Kompany here. Or he could be even more engaging - we just don’t know.

If there’s one thing to take away from this thread it’s to take all training ground/behind the scenes rumours posted on here with a massive pinch of salt.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I hope someone at the club has managed to sit down with Jones and given him some pointers on handling press conferences. He needs to be told to keep his responses as short as possible, not to mention his achievements at Luton, to smile a bit rather than snarl, not to be chippy and to use us and we rather than they. He should be told not to single out players and apportion blame and to accept some responsibilty himself for defeat without making excuses. If we win he needs to be humble. He needs to be told to avoid contradicting himself or making some of the bizarre statements he made last week. If the fans get on his back during the game he needs to rise above that rather than bite back. None of this will be easy for him but if he continues in the current vein he will further alienate the fan base and provide ammunition for the pundits and press to destroy him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, saintant said:

I hope someone at the club has managed to sit down with Jones and given him some pointers on handling press conferences. He needs to be told to keep his responses as short as possible, not to mention his achievements at Luton, to smile a bit rather than snarl, not to be chippy and to use us and we rather than they. He should be told not to single out players and apportion blame and to accept some responsibilty himself for defeat without making excuses. If we win he needs to be humble. He needs to be told to avoid contradicting himself or making some of the bizarre statements he made last week. If the fans get on his back during the game he needs to rise above that rather than bite back. None of this will be easy for him but if he continues in the current vein he will further alienate the fan base and provide ammunition for the pundits and press to destroy him.

Basically send someone else out.

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Maggie May said:

Honest question - what’s so special about Kompany’s speech there?  

That was kind of my point- Kompany's speaking off the cuff, no rehearsal, informal squad meeting, conversational style. He still manages to make more sense and be more engaging than anything Jones has said publicly in more than three months.

If he was magnetic and inspirational in training, you can be sure the club would mic him up again. If what the club puts out from Jones for public consumption is the best there is, how *bad* is he behind closed doors?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

Sorry, don’t agree. Worse than Branfoot. Sometimes you have to make your voice heard.

Ive backed a plethora of rubbish managers for this club. I backed Sturrock ffs!!!

This guy is an embarrassment and I wouldn’t have him at the helm of my Sons under 11 rugby team never mind the frontline of a multimillion pound business.

Give him back to Luton. He obviously thinks they’re the best in Europe.

We know how this ends. He can’t pull it back enough to turn the crowd. Better now when we still have a chance.

Too far....I'd never let Redknapp near our club and to suggest 9/10 would prefer him is a stretch too far and weakens the argument. This guy is an embarrassment but he didn't take us down, didn't say that 'is 'eart was never in in it' nor will he go back to the putrid end of the M27 smirking after near bankrupting us!

I genuinely hate that ballbag featured little runt for what he did to our club...that being said I do want this mistake rectified as soon as possible.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

I don't want that judas twitchy two faced cunt anywhere near this club, ever..ever. Fuck him and fuck any of your completely made up 9 out of every 10 Saints fans that do. No matter how shit Jones might be, at least he fucking wants to be here.

• Like 24

10 minutes ago, Chez said:

I don't want that judas twitchy two faced cunt anywhere near this club, ever..ever. Fuck him and fuck any of your completely made up 9 out of every 10 Saints fans that do. No matter how shit Jones might be, at least he fucking wants to be here.

So much this.

• Like 3

• AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones