Brentford 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

AlexLaw76

Oh well back in the club house for a bowl of chilli, or pasta and meatballs.

A couple of beers with supporters and parents with the managers discussing the game. Can’t wait to hear NJ’s opinion. 

oh wait is this the Toolstation…………….. 

(I’m afraid that’s were NzJ belongs, I fell an idiot suggesting he was L1….)

• Like 1

Utter shite. Could have been more goals too.

Arguments in the away end about whether it's Jones' fault or not, one big scuffle with stewards down the right hand side as well. Not sure what that was about.

I guess we looked vaguely more coherent going forward at the start of the second half. Adams having someone alongside him made a difference but we still didn't look much like scoring.

The goals we gave away were weak. Bednarek and Salisu seem to hate each other and you can't play them together because neither of them can pass.

• Like 2

Just now, Saint Gifford said:

A couple of beers with supporters and parents with the managers discussing the game. Can’t wait to hear NJ’s opinion. 

confused winona.gif

• Like 1

Just now, northam soul said:

So he has taken full responsibility for that shit show and plans to go back to what made him successful.

So next game is 5 at the back and launching to big Paul then 🤬

Which begs the question why wait until after a string of defeats? Surely you do what made you successful from the start? Isn't that kinda why you were appointed in the first place - to do the stuff that attracted you to Ankersen? Stuff which clearly none of the rest of us see but then Rasmus is a super intelligent guy far cleverer than any of us and all will become clear very soon....won't it? Maybe we'll get some answers from the Fan's Forum.

2 minutes ago, jamesfp1 said:

I want to be dead. 

I know the feeling. We've been so poor for so long. We've broken every crapness record there is. We are a laughing stock.

But whilst we may go down, we might come back up. No reason to think we'd stay down.

And along the way, hopefully jetison some of the crap and set some new positive records and try again!

Things will change. Hang in there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Gifford said:

Yes I meant NzzzzzJ but not (fell but Feel) 

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

Arguments in the away end about whether it's Jones' fault or not, one big scuffle with stewards down the right hand side as well. Not sure what that was about.

I guess we looked vaguely more coherent going forward at the start of the second half. Adams having someone alongside him made a difference but we still didn't look much like scoring.

The goals we gave away were weak. Bednarek and Salisu seem to hate each other and you can't play them together because neither of them can pass.

yeah i got the feeling lyanco was starting previously cos he can actually pass.  Jones needs to eat some humble pie, get DCC and ABK back in the squad ASAP if he's not already for the high jump. 

1 minute ago, saintant said:

Which begs the question why wait until after a string of defeats? Surely you do what made you successful from the start? Isn't that kinda why you were appointed in the first place - to do the stuff that attracted you to Ankersen? Stuff which clearly none of the rest of us see but then Rasmus is a super intelligent guy far cleverer than any of us and all will become clear very soon....won't it? Maybe we'll get some answers from the Fan's Forum.

Spinning his wheels just trying anything to see if it sticks. Fraud leek sniffing 🤡.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I’d suggest using DCC and not using the pole but hey you know it was better for DCC to play for the B team and find some rhythm- really I just want him to play football not audition for strictly come dancing. 

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

If Jones just left now and accepted he isn't up to the task, I suspect the fans would have sympathy for him. It's not his fault the board appointed him. 

Jones has put me in the position where I am now hoping for a Newcastle win. The useless bastard has to go !

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, obelisk said:

Should be able to relax into the certainty of relegation by Easter at this rate.

You're miles behind mate, I was certain at Christmas.   There is no way this shower of shyte are turning this one around.   The highlight of our season will be playing the blue few pretty soon. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

His league record is six losses and one win so far.

Who's for sacking him tomorrow?

7 losses and 1 win. (sorry to be a pedant, but the guy is worse than you are giving him credit for (and you weren't giving him any credit))

Liverpool (A), Newcastle (H), Fulham (A), Brighton (H), Villa (H), Everton (A), Forest (H), Brentford (A)

Scored 6, conceded 18. 3 points.

Abject. Jones, fcking abject. Please leave.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

If Jones just left now and accepted he isn't up to the task, I suspect the fans would have sympathy for him. It's not his fault the board appointed him. 

And forfeit the huge pay off he'd get? No manager should ever be asked to resign. People whinge about "NO LOYALTY IN FOOTBALL THEY SHOULD SEE OUT THEIR CONTRACTS!!!" but that works both ways. He needs to go but we need to sack him, not expect him to leave.

• Like 1

Unfortunately we've had to relieve our headmaster of his duties, his position has become untenable. However I can reveal the we've identified his successor, no...not another headmaster with a proven track record...no not a very impressive up and coming deputy head from another school. No, we're appointing the janitor from the local women's prison. 

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Thing is, I had a long pretty successful career in middle management but I knew my limitations and wouldn't have taken a move to the top of the management tree because I knew that I didn't have the capability......but I suppose it is different when it involves millions.....

• Like 2

Just now, rallyboy said:

Dreadful - Wolves could be an interesting afternoon.

If that goes to form it will be toxic.

Jones just bigged himself up and said "I've listened too much to other people, I need to do my own thing"

Says he's going to do things his way now.

He said (twice) that statistically, he's one of the best in Europe for defending and aggression.

• Confused 1

I am sorry but saying the fans have made you compromise your principles is a joke.

If you are so easily swayed by fans from your principles then maybe your not a very principled individual.

not sure who else he is blaming within the club, matt crocker ? selles? the players etc no fucking accountability at all.

I'd sack him in the morning if i was his boss with statements like this.

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 12

12 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Tomorrow?  Ridiculous.

Should be today.

It took 36 games and just 6 wins for the Stoke  board to sack him. He literally didn’t have a clue how to manage the players and it was very obvious they wouldn’t play for him. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jabei said:

Why Walcott? He didn’t do anything wrong. Just fashionable to slag him off I guess. Bit like Redmond. 

Walcott is the Saintsweb boo boy. I wouldn't try and defend him too hard, you'll have a pile on on your hands. He came on, his pace almost lead to a goal. That's about it. Contrast the posts about him with those about Perraud, who gets a complete pass every week because he `gives us balance'. 

Here's what he did today.

first half: crap cross, a sloppy pass that put us in trouble, a total miss kick sliced hoof that went backwards into our box almost allowing them score, dropped miles too deep and kept the left winger onside, lost a header dual, a horrible poor sliced/hacked clearance ten yards straight up in the air (because he hasn't got a right foot), a decent clearance/pass ten yards forward to Che, a decent corner/cross that was cleared by the first man, piss poor attempt to win a header from a long throw, although his shirt may have bene pulled to be fair. Two attempted clearances blocked, no time so not his fault. Turned his back and ducked under a cross. Pathetic, possibly bottled??? tackle on touchline with the ricochet going straight to their midfielder subsequently leading to their second goal. When they scored, he was still jogging back and barely reached our own box. Nice little turn inside. Over hit a long ball straight through to keeper. 

second half: completed a simple five yard pass, short pass that put Soulamana in trouble, no pressure on Mbuemo and then didn't track his run, outpaced Mbuemo to prevent counter attack, nice work, overhit a simple one-two with ball lost, very good half volley shot which was well saved, misplaced a simple pass, overlapped and decent cross, second chipped cross was behind striker, got too tight and winger turned him (opponent wasn't found, so he got away with it), simple short pass completed, doesn't track back, at all, for about 30 seconds, luckily the three or four battles between striker and CB were all won by us, marks no one at the free kick - stands at back with hand in the air for ten second asking for offside and makes no effort to get goal side and help out as Mbeumo almost scores, completes a simple five yard pass...and another.

And we wonder why we are going down. The side is full of Championship quality players, led by a championship manager. And Perraud wasn't even the worst, Diallo was a disgrace today. If he was fined every time he gave the ball away, he'd owe the club money every week.

What a horrible performance from us. Reminded me of the utter shit show at their place last season, under Ralph. All that money spent and we are just as bad, maybe worse.

• Like 3