Southampton 1-2 Wolves - Match Thread

coalman

For all the madness from Jones the one thing he did say that at least made sense was 'I'll do it my way'.

Well obviously Nathan, can you imagine Fergie or Clough not doing it their way.

It does at least look like a Jones team today. Way more aggressive and at them.... Good.

Defence remains a shambles but hey its better.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Leicester 2-1 Spurs. FFS!

Good to see Spurs getting beat but irrelevant to us I think. Leicester won't be down the bottom. It's perm 3 from Saints, Everton, Leeds, Bournemouth and Wolves .

Possibly one other

Just need to worry about our results atm

Edited by macca155
  • Like 1

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Just realised...4 strikers on the bench and only one player who can play in the backline.

I believe Lavia can play CB and JWP of course can fill in RB but yep bear bones in defence. Need to outscore them so more goals needed IMO.

• Like 1

Enjoyed that.

Some positive signs, Sulemana looks like a handful, and some generous referring means we're looking good to pick up a point at least.

Really need to avoid a red card, that could totally swing the game in wolves favour.

Not 100% convinced by the tall fella yet, but a saints striker is hardly the most fruitful job so let's see.

I'd happily take a boring non event for the second half and see this out with a win.

21 minutes ago, kelkel31 said:

And here we go again, exactly the same as with Ralph in charge, we are on the cusp of getting rid of them and they luck into a result that then gives us another 2/3 months of complete and dire shit.

I dont care what people say about me, id rather lose this game and get rid of him then get 1 result and then have to put up with this muppet any longer!

Have a beer, relax and enjoy ffs 

Maybe support someone else if you actually want to lose a game 

• Like 1

Good first 35, it all got a bit scrappy after Lemina went off. Tall Paul has made a difference, he suits Jones’ style, but I reckon him and Kamaldeen will go off after an hour. Could be an uncomfortable second half if we just sit back, which I kind of expect us to do.

Come on Saints, let’s do this.

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

And despite playing half that half with a man advantage we've still only had 38% possession.

Not too worried about that. Wolves have more possession because they're sticking to the modern trend of passing it sideways and backwards among the defence for 2 minutes before going forward whereas we're getting it forward sooner. 

More worrying for me is the fact that Wolves haven't had a shot on target yet...don't feel confident in Bazunu if they manage to create something.

• Like 2

Good: New boys doing well. Been very impressed by bree in the RWB role. Alcaraz good too. Lovely to have a big man up front again, winning everything. Sulemana has potential(still think massive fee over recalling our own player odd) but we do need pace. Lavia a quality player too.

Bad. Bednarek is a liability as normal.

Funny. Lemina.

Personally i think Ref looks very weak and has boxed himself in with all the early soft cards. Wolves are looking to cheat to equalise this in terms of men.

I'd take off AMN as he's been booked and he has looked average. Bring on Lyanco.

4 minutes ago, saintant said:

Winning but only one shot on target - need more efforts on goal with them down to ten.

6 blocked shots, which are really shots on target, except they're cleared by defender rather than keeper

See Forster is doing his best at Spurs, bet they wish they could have Gazza back.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 1-2 Wolves - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic