New Manager

Bakovnetski

12 minutes ago, Saint IQ said:

That Reims Manager with no coaching badges would be a good punt. Nothing to lose, all but down 😂

I nearly put Will Still actually, plays a sort of off shoot of a high energy/high press at Reims but in a less rigid 4231 as opposed to RBs gagenpress style 4222

A UEFA PRO licence is required in the prem though Im not sure if its fully mandatory or its a fine system like in Ligue 1

16 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

Good summary.

Nuno would be a superb choice but likely too late in the season for him to come now - November arrival he would have had us mid table.  Lage I think is realistic and would set us up properly, an intelligent young coach.  So personally my first and second choices.

Bielsa would be great to see, but he is crackers and would have wanted longer with this squad plus demand a helicopter and a Yorkshire terrier in the office or somesuch.  Pochettino no chance.  Gallardo a roll of the dice but an exciting and credible roll.

Marsch - frying pan into the furnace, less irritating than Jones but that's a very low bar.  Ramus and Marty should be sectioned if they go near this.

Gerrard, big name but I don't think would fit Saints and a dour bastard.  Carrick is the manager than Ankersen thought he was getting in Jones, he'll stay where he is for now I would imagine as no major financial impetus to up sticks.

Pretty much, though I don’t think Marsch is ‘as’ bad as many believe, it didn’t really work at Leeds but I do think there’s a decent manager there schooled at the feet of Ragnick like Ralph H.. my only concern is of all of RRs deciples Marsch is arguably the least polished and least tactically proficient

• Like 1

You never know Marco silva was sacked as Everton manager and look what he his doing at Fulham now.So Marsch could possible do the same for us.Im sure there are other managers who have been sacked and gone on to do well at other clubs without looking.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, capitalsaint said:

Yeah, it was an informal term used for a few years by a few people trying to sort out the rules between what formally football and rugby. It was never formally adopted, I.e. it has always been football, the football association, the football league etc... 

There is just no way it should be called soccer over football. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

I see no one has mentioned Van Bronckhurst.

For good reason. Went back to Rangers as a club legend, got them to the EL final which was a superb achievement no doubt. But then this season the fans couldnt wait to the see the back of him. Apparently the quality of football fell off and rapidly. Gerrard achieved more than him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

It's interesting with marsch

Was good in US and Salzburg but then tried the change the system at Leipzig which didn't play to their strengths and was sacked.

Wasn't sure what he did at Leeds and I've heard people say Leeds should of won a lot more games than they did but they had bamford out so I'm sort of ok with a 18 month contract show us what you can do in the remaining games and we can decide in the summer.

Whenever I've seen Leeds under Marsch they've played pretty well but were terribly profligate in front of goal. Never thought they were a bad side or a disorganised rabble. 

Anyone who comes in now is on a hiding to nothing regardless, so getting a manager with some CL experience who knows the league and is available without the need for compensation is probably quite appealing for the board. 

Reassess in the summer.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Wade Garrett said:

We should go all out to get Gallardo.  With the greatest respect.

Don't think he has any interest in taking a job right now. Left River Plate because he was a bit burned out and wanted a sabbatical before starting his European managerial career. Turned down Ajax a few weeks ago.

Doesn't speak English. The smart money is on him taking a job in the summer in Spain (Simeone probably leaving Atletico) or France (where he played). 

If you don't ask you'll never know, I guess, but I'd be surprised if he turned up in England in the next few weeks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Baird of the land said:

I'm not really talking about people's reactions to the appointments. I'm talking about the success of the appointments. Adkins (took us up 2 divisions and had us mid table in the prem), Potchettino took us further upwards and then was headhunted. Koeman took us into europe and then was headhunted.

"We should only appoint really good managers" is not the sparkling insight you seem to think it is.

Surely we can't discount the short term "bung a shit load of cash at Sam Allardyce and hope he delivers" approach? 

If he fails we start fresh in the championship, if he does keep us up, we get a chance to hire someone and we look a bit more appealing.

18 minutes ago, Mustang Saint said:

Can someone give me a brief synopsis. Just gone 30 hours with no sleep to get to maldives and can't be arsed to read it all.

Jones sacked, strong rumours of Marsch to replace him. Now, tell me more about the Maldives, far more interesting, planning on going there myself this time next year.

18 minutes ago, Mustang Saint said:

Can someone give me a brief synopsis. Just gone 30 hours with no sleep to get to maldives and can't be arsed to read it all.

Ralph had us 90th out of 92 in terms of form for league teams in England. Against all objective reason, the board appointed Nathan Jones,  the Luton manager who previously had his shot with Stoke and returned with his tail between his legs. He wasnt very good. Maitland-Niles played CB in a back five against 10-man Wolves and JannyB tripped over his own feet scoring an own goal. The Welsh guy got fired. We're basically relegated. Probs gonna get that American geezer who just got fired by Leeds. Kamaldeen is a baller. I think all that happened in the previous 30 hours... give or take. 

Enjoy your holiday. 

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

Don't think he has any interest in taking a job right now. Left River Plate because he was a bit burned out and wanted a sabbatical before starting his European managerial career. Turned down Ajax a few weeks ago.

Doesn't speak English. The smart money is on him taking a job in the summer in Spain (Simeone probably leaving Atletico) or France (where he played). 

If you don't ask you'll never know, I guess, but I'd be surprised if he turned up in England in the next few weeks.

Ok, not Gallardo then.

There’s only one man for this job, Neil Warnock. Out of work (I think) won’t take any shit from our la-di-da gunner Grahamesque son-in-law players, knows his way around the lower portion of the Premiership and a promotion record second to none in the unlikely event we went down under his stewardship. Really likeable fella as well, get him in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UpweySaint said:

Gallardo is certainly a manager with an exciting reputation. Probably unattainable but certainly worth a discussion and a chance to 'sell the vision' (whatever that currently is!)

MG was someone i was very interested in back in Oct but then i read he wants to take over a team in the summer and also he's been touted for pretty much every job in europe especially in spain, also Ajax has a spot open as well

42 minutes ago, Mustang Saint said:

Millions of years ago a bunch of nothing exploded and stuff started to stick together....

OR 

A few thousand years ago a bloke living in the sky decided to grow an apple tree.

Then stuff got complicated. Like REALLY complicated. For loads of people.

AND

A short, really fit bloke with a (probably) good singing voice, and who went with the second option from above, turned out to be (unsurprisingly) shit at his job. So got fired.

Oh, and Sam Smith turned out to be an incontinent gimp.

That's about all really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Suhari said:

Millions of years ago a bunch of nothing exploded and stuff started to stick together....

OR 

A few thousand years ago a bloke living in the sky decided to grow an apple tree.

Then stuff got complicated. Like REALLY complicated. For loads of people.

AND

A short, really fit bloke with a (probably) good singing voice, and who went with the second option from above, turned out to be (unsurprisingly) shit at his job. So got fired.

Oh, and Sam Smith turned out to be an incontinent gimp.

That's about all really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We were never in a relegation place with Ralph .... those that wanted him out now have what they wished for ,,

Saints are a Premier league side , the fan base has some questions to answer for his removal ....

Saints anywhere between 10th and 16th should have been accepable and within the confines of what Ralph was given he did us proud ..

Those wanting hom sacked have now inherited a whole new shit fight

We should have been content with 10th to 16th .. some people expect to much and now look where we are ....

If you wanted Ralph out you have Saints blood on your hands ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SaturdayGirl said:

We were never in a relegation place with Ralph .... those that wanted him out now have what they wished for ,,

Saints are a Premier league side , the fan base has some questions to answer for his removal ....

Saints anywhere between 10th and 16th should have been accepable and within the confines of what Ralph was given he did us proud ..

We should have been content with 10th to 16th .. some people expect to much and now look where we are ....

I loved Ralph: he was brilliant for us.

But he had to go.....he was done: a shell of the man he was before.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SaturdayGirl said:

Knobhead

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SaturdayGirl said:

Lol we would have been in relegation fight with Ralph still, just more of a chance of surviving that's all.

He should have gone last summer. Then a sensible appointment could have given us a realistic chance of mid table finish.

Sacking Ralph wasn't the issue, it was the timing and subsequent appointment.

6 minutes ago, Suhari said:

I loved Ralph: he was brilliant for us.

But he had to go.....he was done: a shell of the man he was before.

Exactly this

There’s an argument that if he had a fit Lavia, Sulemana and Onuachu in the Summer we would be ok and he’d still be here, its definitely a theory that I believe

Ultimately though, by the end he had to go, we’d lost any direction and cohesion under him and the players were tired mentally and physically 

• Like 2