Leeds 1-0 Saints - Match Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

Honestly, I know it's the done thing to slate Bazunu on here but he had no chance with Janny fucking B standing right on front of him and making no effort whatsoever to step out and block the shot.

No chance? the ball literally went through his hand...it was right at him...goalies are supposed to save those, you know

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Archers Road Stand said:

And we had Martin Semmens PR spin saying Selles was world class. 😂

Fluke win vs Chelsea gets him a full time gig. We were shite vs Sheff Wednesday under him and we've been absolutely abysmal today. 

1 minute ago, Ed Rooney said:

Has Selles been a massive part of the problem all along 

F*cking Hell..........doesn't take long does it??

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, westmidlandsaint said:

Apart from the fact he let it roll across his feet without attempting to kick the fucking ball whilst totally blocking his keepers view. Definitely not his fault!!

Bazunu overshoots the ball almost predicting a tip from Bednarek trying for the ball.  Only, Bednarek dodges the ball skillfully.

1 minute ago, warsash saint said:

🤣🤣 So Bednerak's job is to just stand there???

Wtf are you on about? Your point was that Baz wasn't at fault cos Bednarek positioned in front of him. Whether Bednarek could have closed the man down is a different issue to Baz standing unsighted - if he can't see, it's his job to move - not complicated mate. 

1 minute ago, LGTL said:

People defending Bazunu 😂 PL goalkeepers are meant to stop that you know, you don’t have to be conditioned into thinking it’s the norm just because our goalkeepers have been shite for 5 years.

5 years?! I'm not sure we've had a keeper who's anything more than average since promotion.

1 minute ago, LGTL said:

People defending Bazunu 😂 PL goalkeepers are meant to stop that you know, you don’t have to be conditioned into thinking it’s the norm just because our goalkeepers have been shite for 5 years.

It isn't Bazunu's fault that he shouldn't be playing. He is not good enough, currently, for the PL, but still gets selected, and isn't helped by playing behind our defence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crab Lungs said:

I’ve watched it bsck. Bazunu should save that buy my word, Bednarek, what a trash footballer.

just stood there, turning his back and blocking the goalkeepers view. Utter utter tripe. Amateurish.

That's the Bednarek turn. Much more effective than the Cruyff turn, results in a goal every time...

I think we have certainly got a couple of things wrong. We were in control of the game until the subs. JWP moving up the pitch has moved him out of the game and the big laf up top should have stayed on. 

Elyounoussi is still fucking crap. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Leeds 1-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic