Leeds 1-0 Saints - Match Thread

Yorkshire Saint

27 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Learnt my lesson last week after giving him both barrels about the team. Trouble is I'd been burnt by Jones and the performances he got out of the players. I trust Selles this week to put the team out he thinks is best for this game and you can bet that all of them will know their role and be clear about what is expected of them. I'm fine with Bednarek, Elyounoussi and AMN starting if that's what Ruben thinks is best. 

Bednarek is an own goal waiting to happen - the other 2 are ok.

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

Biggest question for me is what outfit is selles going for today ? did the boys buy him a new suit this week ? is the steve jobs looks his preferred style ?

So many questions ahead of kick off or will he try out a cape look and blow peoples minds?

Fashion Posing GIF by NETFLIX

article-1027937-02895E53000004B0-336_468

McClaren = Fail and "wally" tag.

200.gif

Selles= Pass and "Fashion icon" tag

• Haha 1

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

Lots of good noises coming out of the club this week. Same happened on that 3 wins in a week under Jones. Hopefully this time we don't serve up a steaming pile like last time.

Getting nervous. Hope we've really turned a corner and win. 

Will Still at Reims was assistant manager who got promoted and is still undefeated in 15 games, this could be us 😉

As annoying as it is to see Bednarek’s name there, to have an unchanged lineup seems sensible to me. Reward great results. Even Ralph used to drop players after they’d scored. Good to see Cc back in the fold. Encouraging. Same line ups breeds confidence and consistency. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

No big suprise in the lineups.

I have a weird feeling there will be a lot of goals today, seems unlikely but that the feeling in my plums.

yeah i feel it in my plums too but that could be cos I am still wearing my pants from last saturday as they were lucky but still smelly

Here is ChatGPT's suggested team talk.

We all know the significance of this match. We are facing Leeds, a team that is fighting alongside us to stay in this league. Every minute, every second of this game will count. We need to approach this match with a clear mind, focused on our objectives, and determined to win.

We know what we are capable of, and we have shown it in the past. Our players have worked hard and have shown their commitment to this club. Now is the time to show it on the pitch.

I want you to remember that you are not alone in this fight. You have your teammates beside you, fighting for the same cause. We are a team, and we will work together to get the job done.

Today, we are not just playing for ourselves, but for everyone who has supported us. We owe it to our fans, our families, and our city to give it our all. We need to play with heart, with passion, and with courage.

So, let us go out there and show them what we are made of. Let us fight for every ball, every inch of the pitch. Let us play with intelligence and creativity, taking advantage of every opportunity that comes our way.

This is a crucial match, but it is also an opportunity for us to show our strength and our character. Let us seize this moment and show the world what Southampton Football Club is made of.

Thank you.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

I'm going to remain optimistic but I think it's pointless sticking with Bednarek when we know it's only a matter of time before he reverts to type. Hopefully he gives us another error free game this week while our other centrebacks regain fitness.

That's what is worrying me. We keep him in until his next fuck up, but what if that is giving away an unnecessary penalty in 90+6 today to cost us 2 points?

3 minutes ago, NewYorkSaint said:

We all know the significance of this match. We are facing Leeds, a team that is fighting alongside us to stay in this league. Every minute, every second of this game will count. We need to approach this match with a clear mind, focused on our objectives, and determined to win.

We know what we are capable of, and we have shown it in the past. Our players have worked hard and have shown their commitment to this club. Now is the time to show it on the pitch.

I want you to remember that you are not alone in this fight. You have your teammates beside you, fighting for the same cause. We are a team, and we will work together to get the job done.

Today, we are not just playing for ourselves, but for everyone who has supported us. We owe it to our fans, our families, and our city to give it our all. We need to play with heart, with passion, and with courage.

So, let us go out there and show them what we are made of. Let us fight for every ball, every inch of the pitch. Let us play with intelligence and creativity, taking advantage of every opportunity that comes our way.

This is a crucial match, but it is also an opportunity for us to show our strength and our character. Let us seize this moment and show the world what Southampton Football Club is made of.

Thank you.

can you get it to do half time bollocking and I will do the AI artwork

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Haha 2

Jones picks Ely and Bednarek and he is a clown who doesn’t know what he is doing. Selles picks them two matches running and that is ok. Go figure. I guess wearing a smart suit with a turtle neck and not being Nathan Jones makes a whole load of difference. Just as he wasn’t the worst manager in the world after the Sheffield Wednesday match he isn’t the best after the Chelsea game. Fair play to him though, he has stepped up to the plate and here’s wishing him all the best in his career as manager of Southampton FC. May it be a long and successful one!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Jones picks Ely and Bednarek and he is a clown who doesn’t know what he is doing. Selles picks them two matches running and that is ok. Go figure. I guess wearing a smart suit with a turtle neck and not being Nathan Jones makes a whole load of difference. Just as he wasn’t the worst manager in the world after the Sheffield Wednesday match he isn’t the best after the Chelsea game. Fair play to him though, he has stepped up to the plate and here’s wishing him all the best in his career as manager of Southampton FC. May it be a long and successful one!

Who’s really ok with it ?  Most on here wouldn’t pick them but have accepted Selles doesn’t want to change a winning team.

He Selles can get a tune out of them, that’s fine if it works.

I wouldn’t pick either of them but they deserve a start after last week.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

can you get it to do half time bollocking and I will do the AI artwork

couldn't quite get the bollocking but this is the half time talk i could get out of it...

Alright, let's talk about the first half of the Southampton vs Leeds game.

Firstly, well done on your performance so far, but we need to focus on a few things to maintain our momentum and secure the win.

Defensively, we've been holding up well, but we can't afford to let our guard down. We need to be more alert and ensure that we don't give away any cheap fouls or penalties. Keep a close eye on the opposing team's attackers and try to cut off their passing lanes. Let's also maintain our high pressure on their midfielders and defenders to limit their opportunities.

Offensively, we've been creating some good chances, but we need to be more clinical in front of goal. We need to take advantage of our opportunities and try to get an early goal in the second half. Let's keep the ball moving quickly and try to create more openings by making intelligent runs.

Lastly, let's keep our composure and not get too carried away. We still have a whole half to play, and anything can happen. Stay focused, communicate with each other, and continue to work hard as a team.

Keep up the good work, and let's finish strong!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kwsaint said:

couldn't quite get the bollocking but this is the half time talk i could get out of it...

Alright, let's talk about the first half of the Southampton vs Leeds game.

Firstly, well done on your performance so far, but we need to focus on a few things to maintain our momentum and secure the win.

Defensively, we've been holding up well, but we can't afford to let our guard down. We need to be more alert and ensure that we don't give away any cheap fouls or penalties. Keep a close eye on the opposing team's attackers and try to cut off their passing lanes. Let's also maintain our high pressure on their midfielders and defenders to limit their opportunities.

Offensively, we've been creating some good chances, but we need to be more clinical in front of goal. We need to take advantage of our opportunities and try to get an early goal in the second half. Let's keep the ball moving quickly and try to create more openings by making intelligent runs.

Lastly, let's keep our composure and not get too carried away. We still have a whole half to play, and anything can happen. Stay focused, communicate with each other, and continue to work hard as a team.

Keep up the good work, and let's finish strong!

Sounds like a typical "Saints are 1 up at half time" situation. 

19 minutes ago, NewYorkSaint said:

Thank you.

I actually just done a Nathan Jones one.

it begins with ‘Alright lads’

it didn’t mention Luton, strangely. It is massively non specific. 

How does ChatGPT know all this?😂

• Haha 1

Christ I hate getting up this early, better be worth it, I normally watch the replay in the morning but got up for the first time in ages last week so If it works again tonight I’m willing to make the sacrifice for the rest of the season.

I figured he wouldn’t change anything tbh but I do hope he’s quicker to pull the trigger if changes need to be made.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Leeds 1-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic