Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

39 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

A rumour that flynn Downes could be coming here on loan

I'd like that to be true. He's a really good player, much better than Grimes. However, despite the obvious link to Martin, he started to get playing time at West Ham towards the end of the season so seems doubtful they would give up on him this summer.  

11 hours ago, Chez said:

I'd like that to be true. He's a really good player, much better than Grimes. However, despite the obvious link to Martin, he started to get playing time at West Ham towards the end of the season so seems doubtful they would give up on him this summer.  

Think it depends on Rice and where they choose to re-invest. If I was West Ham I'd play a midfield three of Downes, Soucek and Paqueta and focus on upgrading the players in front of them, because neither Ings or Antonio can be relied upon really, so in that scenario he's not coming to us.

10 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

🚨

Wouldn't have thought a right back was on the priority list, with Walker-Peters, Livramento, Bree and Payne on the books.

"He released a rap single in early 2022, and followed this up with an EP later the same year, under the name Cho$en."

Well, okay then...

Possibly Abu part of Lavia deal to Chelsea? Maybe Livramento off already. KWP probably too. Back to Spurs?

Rumours about Downes from West Ham. Part of JWP deal?

Just guesses

Edited by DT
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DT said:

Possibly Abu part of Lavia deal to Chelsea? Maybe Livramento off already. KWP probably too. Back to Spurs?

Rumours about Downes from West Ham. Part of JWP deal?

Just guesses

Abu is at the end of his contract, not part of a deal with Chelsea.

I think we are all expecting KWP to be off this window so it make sense to have somebody half-decent in the B team with only Tino and Bree ahead of him.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ken Tone said:

Common sense says that it is a 20% sell on OR  a £ 40 million buy back.

If the 20% applied to the 40 million , why call it 40? It would be 32 

Surely you realise where you've gone wrong if your on here looking for this?

Also yes, i agree with you.

16 hours ago, notnowcato said:

Waiting on Fareham to come out… and say that he’s got a feeling Lavia will stay. 

It’s an open forum where everyone can have an opinion.

A few weeks back I said it wouldn’t surprise me if JWP stayed alongside Lavia, Alcaraz I also said I don’t see leaving.

Two weeks on, I think Lavia is the most likely to go. JWP I still don’t think will leave - same as I said and was correct about last summer. We may have gone down a division but I’ve a feeling JWP knows his England career is done and he is best served being front and centre  and being a one-club career man, than earning a few extra quid and bench warming a mid-table Prem team.

Gut feeling. Nothing more than that.

Alacaraz I think will stay. JWP I think will stay. Aribo I think will stay - sadly.

Players such as Onuachu, Lyanco etc I think will be loaned out due to their high wages rather than sold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, qwertyell said:

Wouldn't have thought a right back was on the priority list, with Walker-Peters, Livramento, Bree and Payne on the books.

"He released a rap single in early 2022, and followed this up with an EP later the same year, under the name Cho$en."

Well, okay then...

Bets of luck to him. Hope he plays better than he raps.

This doesn't feel like the Livramento signing, where Chelsea were keen to retain him. On this occasion Chelsea have simply released him. that doesn't mean he won't be a good signing for us. They and Arsenal seem to swallow up almost every single quality youngster south of the Watford gap these days, and they can't keep them all. There is bound to be a few let go that subsequently shine. Hope we pick up the right ones.  

Describing himself as having a "huge passion for music",[3] Abu was involved with his church's choir from a young age, and wrote his first song at the age of eleven.[11] He released a rap single in early 2022, and followed this up with an EP later the same year, under the name Cho$en.

All about those $$$

Livramento leaving???

Edited by Disco Stu

27 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Rumour is he is heading straight to Newcastle on a 2 year loan.

Something is so dodgy about Todd Boehly having Saudi businessmen invest in his company, and suddenly when FFP looks like it’ll become a major issue he offloads them all to the Saudi League.

And Newcastle and their ties to Saudi, Neves going there and then immediately being loan back, potentially, to the Premier League.

• Like 3

On 18/06/2023 at 19:23, SaintZamboni said:

Only if you’re extrinsically motivated and don’t care for what you do. We’re all different and so I don’t care what floats anybody’s boat but I love what I do and I that’s where I place value. One can only assume talk of ‘champions league’ and ‘competing’ is utter bullshit for footballers, who would’ve guessed?

The Neves deal is bizarre and I’d happily wager he’ll be at Newcastle shortly for a fee less than what he’d have commanded in a premier league to premier league transfer.

Called it! 
The latest scam to avoid FFP I’d suggest since Chelsea closed the door on lengthy contracts.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be surprised at Downes. He's been publically in our radar since we played Swansea in the cup a couple of years ago.

Played under both Martin and Jones too so he's probably been a prominent figure on our shortlist for a long time.

22 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Wonder if someone like West Ham could come in for Lavia this summer. May be more willing to splash the £50-60m we seem to want on him too.

That's the move I suggested a week or so ago. IMO it makes more sense for West Ham to sign him, a potential world class player and a genuine holding midfielder, than JWP, who is a quality player himself, but his best work, last season at least, was in a box to box role. Lavia would start and no reason why he can't then move to the bog sides a couple of years later.

52 minutes ago, Chez said:

That's the move I suggested a week or so ago. IMO it makes more sense for West Ham to sign him, a potential world class player and a genuine holding midfielder, than JWP, who is a quality player himself, but his best work, last season at least, was in a box to box role. Lavia would start and no reason why he can't then move to the bog sides a couple of years later.

He's been at a bog side for a season...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

I would be gutted to see us lose our captain and Mr. Southampton to a team like Fulham who are 1 year in the prem. Why not wait and see if we make it back at the first attempt if you love the club?

I can understand moving to one of the big boys or a Brighton/Villa/WHU who have ambitions to be the best of the rest.

Also a ‘close to £30m’ fee doesn’t feel like good value to us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Why would he turn down Brentford but want to join Fulham? Brentford are a better team for starters.

Article doesn't make any sense. Think we can file it under made up or leaked by Fulham to placate their fans when they sell Palhinha.

Pretty sure Brentford have quite a robust wage structure, where they don't pay over £50k-£60k as standard.

Fulham have always been pretty free spending with salaries, plus he probably prefers Silva's style to Frank's - plus could probably get away without moving homes.

8 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

He’s probably trying to hold out for a top six club, which deep down he knows he’s not likely to get.

His next best thing is a big club like Villa or West Ham. I don’t see him moving north of London.

One tweet and the forum goes into meltdown. 😂

Where? Not prone to exaggeration much are you!

2 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Something is so dodgy about Todd Boehly having Saudi businessmen invest in his company, and suddenly when FFP looks like it’ll become a major issue he offloads them all to the Saudi League.

And Newcastle and their ties to Saudi, Neves going there and then immediately being loan back, potentially, to the Premier League.

Hate to be MLG amigo but Boehly isnt part of Clearlake capital - Begdad Eghbali is the one who is the co-founder and involved there.

Looking at the numbers they also manage 60 bililon in assets of which 2.5bil was part of the Chelsea takeover - Bohehly and co funded the rest.

From what I believe the Saudi shareholding in clearlake is under 5% (3billion) so whilst not a small amount i think its a bit more of a coincidence that chelsea who always seem to sign famous, well paid, older players who quite a few are muslim  as well would be on the saudi radar anyway and they have been done quickly as chelsea need them off the books by 30th June, where as other players the saudi's can take their time with.

The Neves one is weird and I would guess Newcastle wont want him if they get tonali and wouldnt want the hassle give all they have been through with PIF and the league already.

PS - I did not get paid by the PIF to write this post from the maldives.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Isn't Fulham to Brentford about 5 miles 😆

Haha, Fulham's training ground is in Surrey and south of Kingston-upon-Thames. Brentford's is in Hounslow, if I remember rightly.

Edited by CSA96