Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

20 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

No idea on the source but DCC apparently going for 5m euros. Would imagine we'd need to ship one of Lyanco/Salisu as well before bringing somebody new in.

great news!

1 hour ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

Now that’s how to do a striped kit. Hope Hummel give us that one next year. Nike nailed that one. 

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Sunderland fans aren't that fussed about Stewart

well in the 13 games before he sustained that bad injury last season he scored 10 goals, the season before that 24 goals to get them promotion so Christ knows what they want !!!

Sounds like this board, a player becomes shit if he wants to leave....

• Like 3

Can’t say I know much about Stewart, but thought if we’re in the market for a striker we’d be more heavily linked with Piroe. Seen a bit of him and looks decent, has a good scoring rate and obviously knows Martin’s system. 
Maybe Martin’s not that keen or Swansea won’t deal with us after the compensation row? Can’t imagine it’s an issue with the fee though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

To be fair, pretty much all of them are saying him and one other player are their only two prem quality players. Probably not fussed though because they've done fine without him since his injury. I really wanted Piroe but maybe he doesn't represent good value. 

Piroe seems an absolute no brainer to me. Proven goalscorer at this level and probably worth overpaying for

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Sunderland fans aren't that fussed about Stewart

On the face of it you've got a bloke who didn't really have an exceptional scoring record in Scotland (albeit apparently used out on the wing for some of that time) who had a purple patch in L1 and seemed to do OK in the championship until his injury.  It's not the most exciting link we could have had although it's probably one of the cheapest options.

• Like 1

Just now, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Piroe seems an absolute no brainer to me. Proven goalscorer at this level and probably worth overpaying for

Probably depends if a prem team wants him. If another championship team gets him then it would be a big disappointment. 

Thanks for the sports illustrated link, I've just researched a lot of the bikini models for this year and now know their smarterscout wagonwheels better.

Some great ratings on Breasts and Butts, some poor face ratings around though and athletic body scores were variable, all about the buyer.

Not sure how martha stewart got on there, maybe one for turkish to enjoy.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Dman said:

Nothing is guaranteed or promised by City. 

If Lavia were to stay next season and City didn’t exercise their buy back clause, we’d all probably think it was a result……

Edited by SW5 SAINT
Edit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, goodymatt said:

They have upped their bid from £37m to £45m in one day. Chelsea remain interested and Liverpool seem to really want him. £50m might still be possible yet including add ons and with 20% going to City it is in our best interests to maximise this sale. Be very interesting to see if we accept this latest bid or hold firm for more, we are seemingly close to an agreement.

Whatever we sell for I hope we are including a decent sell on clause in the deal .. if we can get 20 percent or something that will be another nice payday when he moves for huge money .. wouldn’t even mind letting him go for 45 if we get a decent sell on 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Whatever we sell for I hope we are including a decent sell on clause in the deal .. if we can get 20 percent or something that will be another nice payday when he moves for huge money .. wouldn’t even mind letting him go for 45 if we get a decent sell on 

Agreed. Accept the fee, so to speak, but work on the finer details.. i.e sell on %. 

I can easily see him becoming a £100m player in 4-5 years time. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, SW5 SAINT said:

If Lavia were to stay next season and City didn’t exercise their buy back clause, we’d all probably think it was a result……

if Lavia, JWP, Tino, <insert decent player here> do not leave this season and we fail to gain promotion, their value will plummet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tdmickey3 said:

The club want 50m but you think a fair deal is 42.5 plus add ons, wouldn't want you on my negotiating team for my business🙄

Nor you as you obviously don’t know how negotiations work

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, iansums said:

Are you bullied by your Mrs or something? You always seem to want to come on here and start an argument.

A forum is for discussion not nodding along in agreement with what everyone else says 

• Like 1

If we get £45m for Lavia and c.£30m for JWP with the likes of Che, KWP / Tino, Salisu and ABK likely to command decent fee's, surely we can afford to move on the absolute dross like Lyanco, DCC, Djenepo, Big Paul, Aribo, Perruad, Mara & McCarthy for next to nothing, just to free up space in the squad for us to sign players who want to be here and suit Martins system...?

I'd genuinely be happy with £15m for the lot if it meant we got them out. 

Even if we move them on loan. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gammon cheeks said:

Dont think Aribo and Perraud are " dross" to be honest! The rest i agree with.

Might be a touch harsh on Perraud, granted. But he doesn't want to be here and isn't really good enough to attract any substantial interest. 

Take a small hit and move him on. Free it up for us to bring someone else in. 

4 minutes ago, Dman said:

If we get £45m for Lavia and c.£30m for JWP with the likes of Che, KWP / Tino, Salisu and ABK likely to command decent fee's, surely we can afford to move on the absolute dross like Lyanco, DCC, Djenepo, Big Paul, Aribo, Perruad, Mara & McCarthy for next to nothing, just to free up space in the squad for us to sign players who want to be here and suit Martins system...?

Who's going to want to take the wages of that lot on let alone give us 15m for them.

1 minute ago, Baird of the land said:

Who's going to want to take the wages of that lot on let alone give us 15m for them.

clearly something we'd likely need to subsidies, unfortunately. Better than having them stink the place out round here. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Dman said:

The irony is that in two years half the players we're now clamouring to sign will be the ones we're clamouring to just get rid of even if it means taking a financial hit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Barsiem said:

Main thing that table shows is how much teams waste money!  Who on that list would say gave value for money?  VVD I would say currently, a few others may turn out to be good value as well if they've recently signed. 

Puts our b*tching about carillo and onuachu into perspective 

That’s just what I was thinking.

1 hour ago, Mr Brightside said:

Can’t say I know much about Stewart, but thought if we’re in the market for a striker we’d be more heavily linked with Piroe. Seen a bit of him and looks decent, has a good scoring rate and obviously knows Martin’s system. 
Maybe Martin’s not that keen or Swansea won’t deal with us after the compensation row? Can’t imagine it’s an issue with the fee though. 

Who’s to say we aren’t after another goal scorer ? If all of us see we lack a cutting edge. I suspect Martin, Mowbray and Wilcox do as well.

Edited by manji

Let’s be honest, ultimately we still need a GK, a CB or two, maybe a CM, and a ST.

The likelihood of us getting all these people is very low given the depth of the squad currently.

In terms of our “top” players, fair play to SR for standing their ground, players have contracts and if they want to leave then they’ll leave for a price.
If they aren’t arsed about losing said player they’ll shift them on for what they can. Great work all round.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Andrew Watson said:

Always liked Sunderland,so watched them alot on Sky. To me Stewart is injury prone and slow.Happy to be proved wrong if this transfer ever happens. I know he has been out for months,but saw quite alot of him pre serious injury.

Me too. Slow? I don't think he is, he just has a long stride so it might appear so, but i've seen him get away from defenders. Good player who'd do a job for us if he stays fit.

3 hours ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

No idea on the source but DCC apparently going for 5m euros. Would imagine we'd need to ship one of Lyanco/Salisu as well before bringing somebody new in.

Edited by stknowle

1 hour ago, Doctoroncall said:

Wages keep getting mentioned. Are we some super duper payers even accounting for the 40% reduction?

Individually, no, but we’ve just collected far too many players. We’ve only managed to lose four so far and even that’s offset by our two signings. For example, realistically we’re going to have to shift three CBs before bringing one in.

We’ve also got seven AMs and six FBs, when really we need four of each.

• Like 1

Not really fussed about any new incomings before the season kicks off, but if we can rid ourselves of Salisu, DCC, Lyanco and Onuachu by then it'll be a result. With that and Lavia/JWP/KWP all likely leaving it will give RM the freedom to bring in at least 3/4 signings to fit the style

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Fairly sure Swansea want 20m for him which seems to be putting everyone off

3 hours ago, Dman said:

clearly something we'd likely need to subsidies, unfortunately. Better than having them stink the place out round here. 

Oh so now we’re not just selling them off cheap we’re subsidising them aswell

Fuck me… let me know when you out your house on the market 👍🏻

3 minutes ago, aintforever said:

When are we actually going to start sorting out the squad then?

It's pretty obvious that won't happen until we shift players. 29 first team players, plus the under 21's, plus the two lads from the under 18's, doesn't leave room for new blood. 

5 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Oh so now we’re not just selling them off cheap we’re subsidising them aswell

Fuck me… let me know when you out your house on the market 👍🏻

What do you suppose we do if we don't get buyers at the price the people on here think we should get? Keep hold of everyone? Or take a commercial view?

2 hours ago, Doctoroncall said:

Wages keep getting mentioned. Are we some super duper payers even accounting for the 40% reduction?

A quick google suggests prem avg wages are at least 8 times higher than championship. Even if you assume the top clubs are exagerrating that we're likely still to be among the top payers i'd have thought.

4 minutes ago, egg said:

What do you suppose we do if we don't get buyers at the price the people on here think we should get? Keep hold of everyone? Or take a commercial view?

Agents will start getting twitchy middle of August won’t want their players sat on bench not earning him his bonus.

7 minutes ago, egg said:

It's pretty obvious that won't happen until we shift players. 29 first team players, plus the under 21's, plus the two lads from the under 18's, doesn't leave room for new blood. 

I agree, just don’t get the lack of urgency in getting shot of players that are obviously going to leave. We should be fine tuning the team now not playing warm up games with a team that will completely change come through end of the window imo.

1 minute ago, aintforever said:

I agree, just don’t get the lack of urgency in getting shot of players that are obviously going to leave. We should be fine tuning the team now not playing warm up games with a team that will completely change come through end of the window imo.

It's not a lack of urgency its just the situation we are in.

The players we desperately want rid of are extremely hard to move on because they aren't very good(so won't be a priority for others) and are highly paid (making less clubs interested)

The players we'd prefer to keep we don't want to sell for under our market value.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, egg said:

There is plenty of time to go in the window and a European Champs next year. We’ve already started moving players on

We’ll be fine

Id expect another 2 minimum to be gone by next week, if it pushes on we’ll probably look at loans

Just now, Baird of the land said:

It's not a lack of urgency its just the situation we are in.

The players we desperately want rid of are extremely hard to move on because they aren't very good(so won't be a priority for others) and are highly paid (making less clubs interested)

The players we'd prefer to keep we don't want to sell for under our market value.

Exactly this

Tall lad. The recent goalscoring stats are certainly dazzling. But I'm not totally convinced to be honest. He seems to get in the right areas which is not to be underestimated, but there are quite a few tap ins, unmissable headers and pens. We've Onuachu here already who could knock those in - should we actually create chances. I don't see many real clinical finishes, fantastic strikes and goals out of nowhere. Left foot looks weak. No idea what his all round game is like, but it would need to be great. Prefer Aaron Collins to be honest.

17 minutes ago, egg said:

Stick them in the reserves let them rot there. That’ll teach ‘em

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

I wonder if we have explored how much We Buy Any Car would offer us? 

• Haha 13