Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

2 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

I'd love us to retain ABK, I think a season of playing this way with the ball at his feet would be wonderful, Let's not forget he a fantastic eye for a diagonal ball.. Feeding Manning/Sulemana would be quite lovely.

Yeah I'd love to keep him, he's clearly a top talent and one of the players we should aim to keep. 

• Like 4

Don't think there's any chance regarding ABK. Similar to JWP, he'll have his eye on the Euros at the end of the season and both of their chances will reduce from somewhat slim to essentially zero if they're playing in the Championship.

Really just need to get a couple of Salisu, Lyanco, ABK and DCC out the door so we can get somebody in a little earlier. 

18 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Isn't that the wrong way round. Shouldn't they be agreeing a fee with us before they spend a month talking to the player.

Maybe it’s permission to talk between clubs first. Then personal terms and lastly the fee. 

7 minutes ago, Doctoroncall said:

Maybe it’s permission to talk between clubs first. Then personal terms and lastly the fee. 

I think it goes without saying that buying clubs speak with a players agents first, find out what they want in terms of wages and also understand their current contract - if they have a buyout clause for example.  If the player has zero intention of moving, there is no point in the buying club negotiating with the owning club. Actual discussions between the buying club and the player do also happen as we found out with van Dijk.

Is there an official rule preventing buying clubs speaking with player agents?

12 minutes ago, SaintLondon said:

Tella move is close according to Alan Nixon... Seems like a big mistake that. 

Depends on what it enables us to do - for instance if it allows us to bring a striker in, or keep Sully, I think it's probably worthwhile. 

12 minutes ago, SaintLondon said:

Depends on what it enables us to do - for instance if it allows us to bring a striker in, or keep Sully, I think it's probably worthwhile. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

TBH if it's to bring a striker in then Tella is already proven at this level so wouldn't really make sense.  I know Tella isn't an out and out striker so not quite apples and oranges but you get the drift.  Not much point in swapping someone who knows the club and has a proven record at this level for someone who doesn't (and obviously depends who we would bring in but unless it's Piroe then they're unlikely to have the same a similar or better scoring record).

I guess keeping Sulemana is understandable but if we lost both of them then I'd be gutted.  Would have expected Sulemana to have featured by this stage so I'm half expecting him to go as well.

26 minutes ago, SaintLondon said:

Not sure where you saw that, all that's on his twitter feed is a reply to a question from a fan where he states Burnley are 'trying' as we need money.

Feel like taking whatever he says with a pinch of salt tbh.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

TBH if it's to bring a striker in then Tella is already proven at this level so wouldn't really make sense.  I know Tella isn't an out and out striker so not quite apples and oranges but you get the drift.  Not much point in swapping someone who knows the club and has a proven record at this level for someone who doesn't (and obviously depends who we would bring in but unless it's Piroe then they're unlikely to have the same a similar or better scoring record).

I guess keeping Sulemana is understandable but if we lost both of them then I'd be gutted.  Would have expected Sulemana to have featured by this stage so I'm half expecting him to go as well.

Sulemana is off back to Liege 1 - should be done this week.

5 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Losing Sulemana and Tella would be brutal, and would feel somewhat unnecessary given contract lengths.

Yeah, we should be able to keep both assuming we lose a few of the genuine first-teamers. Neither Tella nor Sulemana is a big enough name to demand PL football.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

I saw two clubs were interested, forget who, but that wasn't a very concrete link.  You seem quite sure - where did you hear that?

I hope we get our money back on him.

Nice and Lille. Nice I believe are about to sign Boga for around £15m, so that'd leave him going to Lille you'd expect.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Talksport now reporting g we aren't willing to sell jwp for 25 million. That isn't news... 

So have you seen/heard a statement from the club that we aren't willing to sell for £25m?

13 minutes ago, Victor said:

So have you seen/heard a statement from the club that we aren't willing to sell for £25m?

If we sell for that amount with nothing else I'll apologise to you. Until then I'll stay firm in my belief that there is no chance. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

I saw two clubs were interested, forget who, but that wasn't a very concrete link.  You seem quite sure - where did you hear that?

I hope we get our money back on him.

Can't find what I saw now, but it was regarding Lilie - he was travelling over there this week, ''things will now move quickly'' was the tone of the bit I read, as he has decided to leave. No chance he stays.

6 minutes ago, Victor said:

Equally have you seen/heard a statement from the club that we will sell for 25m........................... NO!  because we wont

Edited by tdmickey3

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

If we sell for that amount with the nothing else I'll apologise to you. Until then I'll stay firm in my belief that there is no chance. 

So it was just your opinion, not old news (as you stated categorically). You seem to hate Talk Sport in the way the right hate the BBC.

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

So it was just your opinion, not old news (as you stated categorically). You seem to hate Talk Sport in the way the right hate the BBC.

What are you talking about you lunatic? I quite like talksport as it happens, I'm simply saying that us not being willing to sell jwp for 25 million is widely known and has been reported by a number of reporters. He's not being sold for that amount. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

based on? Hasn t been involved in pre season and right now seems one of the most likely to leave.

A few conversations I've had. Could be well wrong but have a feeling he might be here for a little longer.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Losing Sulemana and Tella would be brutal, and would feel somewhat unnecessary given contract lengths.

Why brutal? One contributed 2 goals no assists the other nothing last season for us. Tellas  face is tripping him so wouldn’t be surprised if off. 
Going by the 2 SAMs performance last week wouldn’t surprise me if both go and clear path way for academy.

Edited by Give it to Ron

51 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Can't find what I saw now, but it was regarding Lilie - he was travelling over there this week, ''things will now move quickly'' was the tone of the bit I read, as he has decided to leave. No chance he stays.

Lille don’t normally spend £20m+ as a rule do they? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Lille don’t normally spend £20m+ as a rule do they? 

If I'm honest, I'll be staggered if we get our money back on him. £15m tops imo.

That January transfer window was an absolute cluster fuck.

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

If I'm honest, I'll be staggered if we get our money back on him. £15m tops imo.

That January transfer window was an absolute cluster fuck.

Think you're being overly pessimistic there - at the most 15M?  We should be getting our money back or thereabouts otherwise it's not worth selling 

January window wasn't great in the context of getting us out of relegation but we ended up with Alcaraz, Sulemana and Bree - all of whom could be important players for us.  Tall Paul and Orsic weren't great though.

• Like 1