Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

32 minutes ago, InvictaSaint said:

I remember reading earlier in pre-season that Leicester had effectively borrowed against future premier league tv monies and that the loan in question will shortly have to be repaid. Given those TV monies will no longer be payable to the club, issues around their poor financial situation were being discussed. I’m sure somebody with more time on their hands 😉 can find the article in question…

You make out we have not borrowed also? nor have a need to sell?

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, egg said:

Cheers. I'd seen that previously. It's the opinion of a podcast dude and says nothing of note over the obvious, ie TV money will drop, they had a big wage bill, will be in trouble 'if' players don't have relegation clauses, etc. It's just the generic stuff that applies to all teams relegated from the PL. I've seen nothing to suggest that Leicester are skint. 

You don’t really need to do an awful lot of digging tbh, I think they’ve managed to cover some of their shortfalls but they’re still in for it if they don’t manage the situation carefully.

Last years accounts for them, released in March showed they had 92m worth of losses, thats ‘before’ a relegation thats goong to cost them a further 2/3rds of their income… it doesn’t make pretty reading

They are also on UEFAs FFP watch list, they have losses of 192m over the last 3 years, and are allowed only 105m, it cost them the permanent signing of Doyle, as seen below, so the rumours are very much real

Either way Im not making this stuff up, I really have no need or want to, but the Leicester are skint narrative has been going on for a while, since the start of last season tbh which is why I had them down as relegation favourites

They of course have to sign a few players, it’ll be a difficult window to negotiate for them, but Id suggest a lot of their incomings will be dependent on who they can shift

Edit - Worth remembering that their owners lost a significant amount during COVID too, as they’re effectively a company tied to the travel industry, hence why they’ve not been able to assist with LCFC’s mounting debts

Edited by Smirking_Saint
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, InvictaSaint said:

Where am I making out anything?! I‘m just posting what I remember about an article on Leicester’s borrowing in response to another poster. 

The financials at Leicester are not particularly different to any other club that goes down.

Please do not tell me you buy into the 'greatest era in our history' bollox with Sports Republic? 

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

The financials at Leicester are not particularly different to any other club that goes down.

Please do not tell me you buy into the 'greatest era in our history' bollox with Sports Republic? 

They’re quite a lot different, as I explained tbf

And say what you want about SR… but so far LCFC have lost/losing £180m worth of players for about £75m… and we look like we’re making on most of ours

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

And say what you want about SR… but so far LCFC have lost/losing £180m worth of players for about £75m… and we look like we’re making on most of ours

It is all perspective right?

I mean, if we sell JwP for £25-30m, then I would say that is a big loss compared to potential value.  Likewise with whatever we get for Lavia. How did we do with the sale of Orsic?

If you are on about book value, Leicester made a packet on Maddison, and it will be all profit on Barnes

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

What the fuck are you on about?! Let me spell it out for you. I‘m NOT saying anything about us or SR. I was replying to a poster who asked about info on Leicester’s finances. That is it. Clear enough? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, InvictaSaint said:

What the fuck are you on about?! Let me spell it out for you. I‘m NOT saying anything about us or SR. I was replying to a poster who asked about info on Leicester’s finances. That is it. Clear enough? 

Calm down mate, it was only a post on a message board, I had not read the whole thread this morning.

5 minutes ago, manji said:

Leicester going to Thailand to play Spurs today. I mean seriously WTF.

I can see now why Tottenham Hotspur was named the Premier League's `greenest football club' for the fourth consecutive year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

22 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Complete waste of CO2 travelling around the world for something that could've been 50 miles travel for either team 🙄

Do you get to arrange stupid friendlies like this in the latest FM?

• Haha 1

Che to Bournemouth or anywhere else for that matter is good news. Get money in. Terrible striker out. Spend it on one who can actually score. Still have nightmares about those sitters. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, manji said:

Leicester going to Thailand to play Spurs today. I mean seriously WTF. One more friendly before the season starts.

They've got Liverpool next Sunday as well out there. It's a shame Sky didn't schedule their first game for the Friday tbh.

13 minutes ago, DT said:

Che to Bournemouth or anywhere else for that matter is good news. Get money in. Terrible striker out. Spend it on one who can actually score. Still have nightmares about those sitters. 

Yeah, I have nightmares about that Leicester away game last season

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Calm down mate, it was only a post on a message board, I had not read the whole thread this morning.

I’m fine ta. But thanks for asking. Just incredulous at your not reading what I’d actually posted. But hey ho. Takes all sorts. Your avatar could do with a refresh though. I was at university with him. Grade A cunt then, Grade A* cunt now. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, manji said:
Leicester going to Thailand to play Spurs today. I mean seriously WTF. One more friendly before the season starts.

And yet spurs topped the sustainability index in 2023 - despite the carbon emissions of a new and somewhat unnecessary stadium and international tours....
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65544714

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saint86 said:

And yet spurs topped the sustainability index in 2023 - despite the carbon emissions of a new and somewhat unnecessary stadium and international tours....
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65544714

Am pretty sure levy is crafty and just planted forests of tree's and in 20yrs will cut them all down to sell the timber.

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 3

What with their game getting cancelled, due to deciding to schedule a friendly in Thailand during monsoon season 😂, and the exhaustion that must come from crossing time zones, Leicester's trip so far has been a bit counterproductive. Unless they had commercial commitments, surely they should be prioritising getting Maresca's system coached into them? Like us, I imagine they'll need some games to fully comprehend their system so losing a pre-season match won't be ideal for them.

• Like 1

I think it’s great so many players from the premier league are going to play in the Saudi league. They were all really behind taking the knee and rainbow laces etc so fantastic they’ll be able to carry on spreading that message over there where it’s needed. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

I think it’s great so many players from the premier league are going to play in the Saudi league. They were all really behind taking the knee and rainbow laces etc so fantastic they’ll be able to carry on spreading that message over there where it’s needed. 

Some cynical people are saying it’s all about money, but its probably to do with social awareness and cohesion. They deserve a big hand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

Some cynical people are saying it’s all about money, but its probably to do with social awareness and cohesion. They deserve a big hand.

Jordan Henderson was one of the most vocal about LGBT rights and so on so no surprises he was one the first the Saudi league snapped up. Bet he can’t wait to get those rainbow flags flying 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

https://thekoptimes.com/2023/07/24/liverpool-willing-to-make-25m-bid-sign-southampton-midfielder-romeo-lavia-latest-news/

Deluded *ankers.... £25m, that's just insulting......  what dose this know Ed know anyway....      

What's more ridiculous is that the way it's worded makes it sound like Liverpool are doing us a favour. As though we should be honoured to have one of our players linked with them.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

We should tell them we are willing to make a £25m bid for Salah.

Which is technically not a lie.

He's only got two years left on his contract - they'll be desperate to shift him on now while they still can but I reckon 18M + add ons would probably do it.  Hopefully he doesn't block any pathway to the first team though.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

What's more ridiculous is that the way it's worded makes it sound like Liverpool are doing us a favour. As though we should be honoured to have one of our players linked with them.

They really are the victimhood city of the world. Whenever they're not on top its "unfair". or they're somehow being shafted or hard done by, that or others are in the wrong... and even when that isn't the case they're always being generous and others are being outrageous for standing up to them etc. It never quite ceases to amaze me how basically an entire city can develop such a warped outlook.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 8

8 hours ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

https://thekoptimes.com/2023/07/24/liverpool-willing-to-make-25m-bid-sign-southampton-midfielder-romeo-lavia-latest-news/

Deluded *ankers.... £25m, that's just insulting......  what dose this know Ed know anyway....      

I keep reading that Liverpool want to get this done quickly. Yet their whole approach seems to be to leak a series of low valuations to the press rather than actually making a sane bid. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, coalman said:

I keep reading that Liverpool want to get this done quickly. Yet their whole approach seems to be to leak a series of low valuations to the press rather than actually making a sane bid. 

I'm not sure that one was a leak...feels like the work of a deluded / entitled / stupid / typical scouser. 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, coalman said:

I wouldn’t worry about that piece. Classic bit of fan writing. Not an ounce of journalism in it. Like something from the Ugly Inside. All puff and opinion linked together with Googled happenstance. Tosh. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DT said:

I wouldn’t worry about that piece. Classic bit of fan writing. Not an ounce of journalism in it. Like something from the Ugly Inside. All puff and opinion linked together with Googled happenstance. Tosh. 

This.

But I’m sure Talksport will pick it up and run with it as “their sources”. 😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

I have to say, I thought this when I saw the news broke. Bassey and Salisu are very similar players. 

Although he underwhelmed for us last season and I'll be glad to see the back of him, Salisu is a better player and represents better value for money than Bassey, imo. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Smirking_Saint said:

I see you keep saying this, but that counts for nothing if we don't go up. We are currently 2/3 weeks away from the first game of the season and still have no idea who will be playing for us next season and have a completely unmanageable squad size. We can't bring anyone in, until we let a few go. Martin himself acknowledged that... We'll miss out on our targets if we don't start to move players on very quickly. 

You need to strike a balance of not being bent over and shifting players who aren't going to be part of your squad. 

The players Leicester have sold, imo strikes that balance. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dman said:

I have to say, I thought this when I saw the news broke. Bassey and Salisu are very similar players. 

Although he underwhelmed for us last season and I'll be glad to see the back of him, Salisu is a better player and represents better value for money than Bassey, imo. 

Bassey looked really good in game I watched at Ajax but at Rangers my mate reckoned he was awful.

Just hope Salisu deal gets done and rid of