Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

Who is most attractive to Harwood-Bellis?

Leicester - favs to win the league, partner Doyle.

Leeds - stay up north. New owners so bigger salary perhaps.

Saints - your old academy director plus a few mates from the academy. Lavia shows the way.

I’m also wondering why Burnley haven’t bought him? Or any PL team for that matter.

15 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Guys my source has just confirmed to me we can relax about Downes he is definitely joining this week.

When my source told me Downes was sick i thought he meant he was a really good at football. 

#confused 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Suhari said:

U-21 winning Captain & won promotion last time out? A winner then.

We need some of them.

21 years old and already got 81 appearances to his name in the championship or Belgian top division, a championship winners medal And England U21 captain. Would be a brilliant signing. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

21 years old and already got 81 appearances to his name in the championship or Belgian top division, a championship winners medal And England U21 captain. Would be a brilliant signing. 

And hyphenated.

For these reasons - I'm in.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I'm hoping (and I'm sure our owners are too) that we've shown with Tino and Lavia that we're a good pathway - do well for us and get your big money move.

I imagine Leicester will be pretty desperate to get him though considering Vestergaard is currently a starting player.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

Walcott - released

Elyounoussi - FC Copenhagen - free

Caballero - Leicester (coaching staff)

Orsic - Trabzonspor - £2M

Salisu - Monaco - £15M

Livramento - Newcastle - £32M rising to 40M

JWP - West Ham - £30M

Caleta-Car - Lyon - Loan

Diallo - Al-Duhail - ?

N'Lundulu - Bolton - ?

Lis - Goztepe - Loan

Payne - Newport - Loan

Now we can add Lavia to that list and likely ABK and Sully, those three will bring in about £90m to the c£85-£90m already. Incredible sums. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Who is most attractive to Harwood-Bellis?

Leicester - favs to win the league, partner Doyle.

Leeds - stay up north. New owners so bigger salary perhaps.

Saints - your old academy director plus a few mates from the academy. Lavia shows the way.

I’m also wondering why Burnley haven’t bought him? Or any PL team for that matter.

Same reason that Burnley havent bought Tella. They refuse to pay over £15million for any player. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, igsey said:

I'm hoping (and I'm sure our owners are too) that we've shown with Tino and Lavia that we're a good pathway - do well for us and get your big money move.

I imagine Leicester will be pretty desperate to get him though considering Vestergaard is currently a starting player.

They could take Lyanco to partner with Vestergaard

Leeds seem a bit of a mess at the moment so imagine it would be between us and Leicester. Both have city connections, how many can you have on loan from one club given Leicester have Doyle already?

I think a loan with option to buy or a straight buy would be our best approach.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

Leeds seem a bit of a mess at the moment so imagine it would be between us and Leicester. Both have city connections, how many can you have on loan from one club given Leicester have Doyle already?

I think a loan with option to buy or a straight buy would be our best approach.  

I wonder if Leicester can even afford him?

Would hope we go for another another Lavia-style purchase model.

• Like 1

City want to sell instead of loan by the sounds of it so maybe City are asking for too much for Burnley's liking as City only sell for big money when it comes to academy players and he's one of the better ones.

from a City ITK on another forum :toppa:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Id imagine if we can push City for a permanent deal, and they’re happy with that, then we can beat Leicester who will probably prioritise loans

I personally think he’d be out of our price range for a perm deal. We got Lavia for £10.5M (+£3.5M addons) and he hadn’t played a first team league game anywhere. Bazunu was £12M and he had only played for two average League One sides.

THB has got a Championship league title under his belt plus a Euros win. Also three years experience in the Championship or Belgian top league. I imagine the lad himself is looking for a PL deal, and any perm fee is surely going to be above £20M, which I would say prices us out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

I personally think he’d be out of our price range for a perm deal. We got Lavia for £10.5M (+£3.5M addons) and he hadn’t played a first team league game anywhere. Bazunu was £12M and he had only played for two average League One sides.

THB has got a Championship league title under his belt plus a Euros win. Also three years experience in the Championship or Belgian top league. I imagine the lad himself is looking for a PL deal, and any perm fee is surely going to be above £20M, which I would say prices us out.

I'm not sure it does. We spent £15m on Charles. I could see us spending £20m+ for one of the most promising CBs with experience out there! 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

If Wilcox rates him then I’m pretty sure we will get it done.

What’s 18m if you can sell him for 60m+ in two years time?

A massive gamble when in a league where total revenue for clubs per year is 20-30m?  Would be like us spending £120m on a player when in the PL.

For every Lavia there are many more like Simeua, Small, Larios, etc.

4 minutes ago, once_bitterne said:

Did you miss the fact we are no longer in the PL?

We are making over £100m in transfer fees, they have said they will be re-investing. We have the parachute payments as well. So for this season at least we will have resources no other team in the league has! And we were already relegated when we spent £15m on Charles! 

I'm not expecting them to re-invest all of it. But it also wouldn't surprise me if we spent best part of £50m on a few players to strengthen us if we have space in the squad 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, once_bitterne said:

A massive gamble when in a league where total revenue for clubs per year is 20-30m?  Would be like us spending £120m on a player when in the PL.

But none of those players have first team appearances! Harwood-Bellis is already proven at the very top of this level and still only 21. He would be a huge coup

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, once_bitterne said:

Like I said Wilcox has proved to be a genius in this transfers window and I trust his judgement.

Rather him than a reject Holgate. My personal choice would be Bristol City’s CB. Touches of Van Dijk about him.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, once_bitterne said:

This one is a bit different as he’s already played over 60 times in the championship and got a league winners medal. A lot of the others had never played a first team game. This one sounds a no brainier to me. YHGTI but also got a decent bit of experience too

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

Like I said Wilcox has proved to be a genius in this transfers window and I trust his judgement.

Rather him than a reject Holgate. My personal choice would be Bristol City’s CB. Touches of Van Dijk about him.

This. Though I'm not against the Bristol city CB and Harewood-Bellis

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

What's he done that is genius this window?  We've signed the 10th most expensive player ever signed in this league (who has on the bench last week) and an out of contract player from our managers previous club.

As expected we've sold JWP, Tino and soon to be Lavia for around what was mooted, a bit more for Lavia due to a bidding war breaking out between Liverpool and Chelsea.

Not sure he has reached genius level quite yet lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1