Who leaves if we are relegated?

stevy777_x

6 minutes ago, Dman said:

I know we’ll take a significant hit in terms of TV revenue, but surely we’ll be in a healthy position financially. 

Ship out, McCarthy, Orsic, JWP, Theo and there is the best part of 300k a week saved alone. 

You’d expect us to reduce the squad size some what as well. If we were sensible we would anyway. 

Which is why loaning him out would make no sense. Selling him I could understand unless we don't think anyone would want to pay what we are asking, but that's something you would determine at the end of the window. 

15 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I didn't really understand that bit of the article. Recruitment sources say he may go out on loan but then say how important he could be for us in the championship? Would it be due to wages? Would seem very odd to loan him out. 

A classic Athletic "we don't know so rather than just say that, we'll cover almost every base we can and just put down words" trope.

Anyway, anyone know how Ryan Finnigan is getting on at Crewe?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

A classic Athletic "we don't know so rather than just say that, we'll cover almost every base we can and just put down words" trope.

Anyway, anyone know how Ryan Finnigan is getting on at Crewe?

I saw him play for a Crewe a few months ago against Harrogate. He was  playing central midfield and was pretty crap but then he was playing a very poor Crewe team who got absolutely battered for 90 minutes 2-0 down should have been 6 or 7, so much so that even their own fans were singing "we're fucking shit" after about 70 minutes, but in true Harrogate style they gave away a soft goal with 5 minutes left and the inevitable equaliser followed in injury time. Playing for Harrogate was saints loanee Kazeem Olaigbe who looks a very exciting player, quick, skillfull, has scored some good goals and won plenty of MOTM awards, definitely one to watch and capable of playing at a much higher level, if that's premier league i'm not sure.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

We should offload most of the back line and rebuild from there. Not one of them is reliable enough to ensure solidity and confidence in defence. Then prioritise bringing in players that can hold the ball, have good game management and can pass accurately. 

I'd disagree and say that most of the players who've appeared in our back five this season should be good enough for a Championship promotion fight. Baz, Tino, Bednarek, DCC and Perraud should be more than capable at that level, with Lyanco a useful option too.

It's further forward we need the clean out; Walcott, Moi, Orsic, Diallo, Djenepo and both Armstrongs can leave, on top of the predicted loss of JWP and Lavia.

• Like 1

On 04/05/2023 at 08:44, macca155 said:

I think that would be excellent but both Stephens and Lyanco see themselves as Premier League level players, even if some on here don't.

We missed the boat with Stephens, Bournemouth will likely buy him and if not a promoted team will. Lyanco will go back to Italy I suspect.

Larios will also no doubt feature, he is supposed to be as good as Lavia, we just haven't seen it.

Imagine SR got in Potter and told those on contracts we want to keep  they're staying, so deal with it. Now that would be sonething.

Stephens is one of those steady-eddy type players, but he won't play regular for Bournemouth next year - he's even slipped out of their side recently. I liked his commitment, but technically he was always massively lacking so I don't think we should look towards his potential departure too badly.

9 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Stephens is one of those steady-eddy type players, but he won't play regular for Bournemouth next year - he's even slipped out of their side recently. I liked his commitment, but technically he was always massively lacking so I don't think we should look towards his potential departure too badly.

Agree, we have better already but fall guy he isn't

9 hours ago, Deanovski said:

8 first team players leaving 

My guess

Salisu, ABK, Lavia, JwP, KwP, Daillo, S.Armstrong, Adams

Plus out of contract, Walcott, Willy & Mo (thank fuck), AMN (huraah)

Plus maybe (probably), Onuachu (what a pointless signing), Sully, Bednarek, Tella, Stephens, Orsic

That is a huge rebuild for a management who have been a monumental disaster since being here.

Championship mid-table survival here we come

Edited by AlexLaw76

A sensible strategy would be:

Let go all those that don't want to play for us in the championship. For those under contract maybe offer them out at slightly reduced price to clear the decks ahead of rebuild. For those not in contract that want to stay, make them a reduced offer and see if they still want to stay.

Appoint a new manager as soon as the season is over and review what is left of the players

Start pre-season early and give all those that have been out on loan to lower league clubs a clean-slate to prove themselves. Not shining in a poor league 1 or league 2 side doesn't always mean that they aren't good enough. If they don't show enough, loan them out again to run down their contracts or release them.

Strengthen the proverbial spine of the team and in particular splash out on a forward who will score goals at this level.

Aim for a relatively small squad, supplemented with younger players coming through. We will get more idea about whether or not the likes of Doyle and Ballard are going to make it by playing them occasionally, rather than loaning them to Port Vale or Grimsby.

Simples - but this is Sports Republic so I'm not overly hopeful

• Like 3

On 06/05/2023 at 08:29, Deanovski said:

9 including jwp if he  wants to go. Perraud definitely on the list. Keen to keep Tella.

Perraud wants out? I'm slightly surprised by that. The championship would have been more his level, but maybe he can earn more elsewhere than whatever he will get here when relegated. I am guessing back to France? His stock must still be reasonably high there, with the odd goal here helping to retain his profile. 

When you say 8 leaving, do you mean the club have told 8 players they are happy for them to find new clubs? Or have 8 already agreed moves elsewhere?

9 hours ago, Chez said:

Perraud wants out? I'm slightly surprised by that. The championship would have been more his level, but maybe he can earn more elsewhere than whatever he will get here when relegated. I am guessing back to France? His stock must still be reasonably high there, with the odd goal here helping to retain his profile. 

When you say 8 leaving, do you mean the club have told 8 players they are happy for them to find new clubs? Or have 8 already agreed moves elsewhere?

I would imagine that means 8 have been told they can leave but some are already talking to other clubs.

5 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Everyone can leave Bar Alcaraz.

Let's be honest, this Is pretty accurate.

40 minutes ago, Deanovski said:

I would imagine that means 8 have been told they can leave but some are already talking to other clubs.

Surprised its just eight, unless AMN, Theo, Willy and Ely don't count.

DCC, Orsic, McCarthy, Salisu and Adams. Possibly both Armstrong's...

6 hours ago, Chez said:

Going by his performances lately ABK almost certainly too he looks like VVD here going through the motions not to get hurt. 
That went well he is made of glass .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Give it to Ron said:

Going by his performances lately ABK almost certainly too he looks like VVD here going through the motions not to get hurt. 

Every time I watch that cunt I think to myself ‘why didn’t we buy Ben Mee’?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Every time I watch that cunt I think to myself ‘why didn’t we buy Ben Mee’?

you mean `sign Ben Mee on a free'? 

You could argue he'd of been a better option than the DCC signing. If you are going to sign a more experienced, slower, ball winner, then Mee was well proven. Maybe they were still looking at potential resell value with DCC.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Give it to Ron said:

Not sure I agree about the `going through the motions' part. He certainly hasn't been as effective as he was earlier in the season. He's been a bit unlucky with injuries. Since the dislocated shoulder he hasn't been anywhere near as good.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chez said:

I guess that doesn't include theo,willy, amn and Probably even orsic.

I took from it mostly it meant players from starting XI 

15 minutes ago, Deanovski said:

I guess that doesn't include theo,willy, amn and Probably even orsic.

I took from it mostly it meant players from starting XI 

So many players have been in the start XI, that doesn't narrow it down a lot! Usually it's players that aren't getting games that are told they can go if they want, so Djenepo and Diallo. 

if you don't mind me asking, where did you hear it: the 8 players told they can leave/are leaving?

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Not sure I agree about the `going through the motions' part. He certainly hasn't been as effective as he was earlier in the season. He's been a bit unlucky with injuries. Since the dislocated shoulder he hasn't been anywhere near as good.

I have been watching him ex-centre half 🙂 he has been strolling about losing 60/40’s in his favour. Whether that’s the collar bone holding him back maybe but he hasn’t been giving it anywhere near earlier season form.

Just watch him on that Forest first goal strolling back, the second he played at being a statue .

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

I have been watching him ex-centre half 🙂 he has been strolling about losing 60/40’s in his favour. Whether that’s the collar bone holding him back maybe but he hasn’t been giving it anywhere near earlier season form.

Just watch him on that Forest first goal strolling back, the second he played at being a statue .

Yeah, his form has dropped off a cliff.

For the first, I think he thinks AMN will deal with the long ball, he then realises he hasn't, looks around, sees Awonyi has got ahead of Bednarek (also was shit for that goal, as he should never have let Awoniyi get ahead of him), but it's too late to do anything. It looks horrible. He looks like he just can't be arsed, but possibly it's just bad defending - simply not considering that Johnson might get on the end of it, spotting the potential for Awoniyi to get into the box and getting back into place to cover AMN (what a terrible decision by the way to have AMN mark the super fast Johnson instead of KWP). This is a prolonged issue of our defenders not sniffing out trouble.

For the second, he gets tight enough, but just can't do anything to stop the volley. Possibly not strong enough, or maybe just doesn't consider that volley is coming and try to reach out and block. Difficult one to blame him. The not given foul on Walcott killed us.

I think what troubled me more was the incident when he got injured. Johnson clearly has a lot of pace, but ABK doesn't take this into account and gets his angles and spacing all wrong when going out to him. ABK looked quick earlier on in the season, but he got absolutely left for dead, subsequently falling over and getting injured. Only a brilliant block by Bednarek prevented an almost certain goal. It was really poor defending. Not easy contain a speedster, but he sold himself and showed his limitations pace wise too. 

He's still young. If he'd come through our academy we'd still be excited about him as a prospect. Getting a Germany cap means he will get offers you suspect. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

As discussed on the SR thread. We have a huge squad, signing 16 players in two windows, so a lot need to go before we can add you'd think. Something like this: 

Bazunu, Lis, Oliver Wright maybe steps up? [Willy and McCarthy to depart]

Bree, Tino, Payne [AMN, KWP to depart]

Larios, Small [Vokins, Perraud to depart]

Bednarek, Lyanco, Stephens, ABK [Salisu, DCC to depart]

Alcaraz, Diallo [JWP, Lavia to depart]

Sulemana, Edozie, S Armstrong, Aribo, Djenepo [Orsic, Ely to depart]

Onuachu, Mara, Tella, Ballard to step up [Theo, A Amstrong, Adams to depart]

Edited by Chez

Just did a quick guess on who goes and what we get in the summer - will update this excel when we get confirmations.

All numbers euro and bought is from transfermarkt at present - the net total is against the total spend 

Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 11.06.53.png

Edited by Convict Colony

"we'll bring the club back to where it belongs for you" seems like interesting wording from Che, or I may just be clutching at straws a little. I've assumed he'd be one of the first out the door to a Leeds/Forest/Everton given his contract situation but would be delighted to keep hold of him.

Edited by Saint Matty 76
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

"we'll bring the club back to where it belongs for you" seems like interesting wording from Che, or I may just be clutching at straws a little. I've assumed he'd be one of the first out the door to a Leeds/Forest/Everton given his contract situation but would be delighted to keep hold of him.

Would be fantastic to keep the lad. Happy to shift Arma/Onuachu ahead of him if he is happy to extend.

• Like 1

Keeping Che would be brilliant. He's easily a PL player and could rip up the Championship again in a two man strike force.

I still think he'll be off though, regardless of the wording in that message.

Edited by SambaMaverick
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Nice message from Adams. Have  any other players sent one? You'd think the younger players who are glued to their phones all the time could set aside a few spare minutes to put something out.

Nah, they don’t give a fuck

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Che is one of the few I’d be happy to keep next season, I think he’d do well in the championship and whilst he has his limitations I’ve never doubted his commitment, and he was never meant to lead the line but to be the second striker alongside a more potent one IMO.

If SR could finally get there shit together and bring in a decent championship level number 9 I reckon Che will flourish

• Like 4

There are a small handful of good eggs at the club, people I'd be happy to keep around, and Che is certainly one of them. I still think a club will come in though, even one of the Promoted teams will see what he can bring to a team. (Burnley's Ashley Barnes replacement, maybe)

At least he's said sorry though, first apology we've had from anyone connected to the club. One of the only few who has shown they give a shit.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

I've already left- I just watched my new team feyenoord win the eredevise 2mins ago - fucking easy this supporting lark.

I’ve left it with my agent but im told the Blue Moon Man City forum and The Red Cafe Man United forum are both chasing my signature for next season. 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

I’ve left it with my agent but im told the Blue Moon Man City forum and The Red Cafe Man United forum are both chasing my signature for next season. 

Redcafe for you i am sure, ratcliffe i heard is funding a big rebuild of their forum posters and are only recruiting the best hence i am in rotterdam with feyenoord

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Turkish said:

As the Ankersen of Saints Web I can say that we aren’t worried about your departure as we already have scouts looking at a 19 year old Slovakian with some strong views on sadoldgit, trans women and Dianne Abbott.

• Haha 5

Just now, Lighthouse said:

As the Ankersen of Saints Web I can say that we aren’t worried about your departure as we already have scouts looking at a 19 year old Slovakian with some strong views on sadoldgit, trans women and Dianne Abbott.

Assume its a she and she also looks like this ? bye Turkish 🤣

image.png.ccddcf70d6147f7a2cc2543a7a1003f9.png

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

So it’s your fault all the good posters have left and you can see why?

• Haha 2