Saints 0-2 Palace - Match Thread

SotonianWill

Goodbye Prem. Been on the cards for weeks.

Shit decisions all season. I'm interested in the rebuild in the summer but please God don't let it be with Selles. We need an experienced head to give us a shot. Someone that can play players in their best positions. Even the 05 side had a bit of fight. 

Just now, SNSUN said:

Goodbye Prem. Been on the cards for weeks.

Shit decisions all season. I'm interested in the rebuild in the summer but please God don't let it be with Selles. We need an experienced head to give us a shot. Someone that can play players in their best positions. Even the 05 side had a bit of fight. 

Unforunately Rasmus and SR will be making the summer rebuild decisions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SNSUN said:

I'm interested in the rebuild in the summer but please God don't let it be with Selles. We need an experienced head to give us a shot. Someone that can play players in their best positions. Even the 05 side had a bit of fight. 

I'll have what you're having... in what world do you expect this board to make anything but further fuck ups this summer?

• Like 1

Obvious that Selles thinks he’s a better manager than he actually is, a shame as he’s likeable and comes over very well in interviews, but there are no points for that. We are basically seeing a more limited version of Hassenhutl, which is something that takes some bloody doing. No surprise in this shower of players bizarrely augmented by Ankersen’s negligent frittering of the owners money going down, but going down with a whimper, without a fight or attempt is inexcusable. Only thing that stops us sliding down the championship is a mass cull overseen by Solak in early summer. 

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Chelsea losing at home to Brighton. The most enjoyable premier league in years and we're bottom ffs.

Perhaps that’s why, the league outside of the top 4 has been metal, no teams that are clearly worse than us. And that’s what we’ve been somewhat been relying on.

1 minute ago, Uncle Albert said:

Perhaps that’s why, the league outside of the top 4 has been metal, no teams that are clearly worse than us. And that’s what we’ve been somewhat been relying on.

Fair point. With the exception of Bournemouth and Everton - who I think are coming down with us - I would swap our squad with every other team in the league. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stknowle said:

Back in the day I’dve been scarlet with rage, screaming at this crap, now it’s just a shrug of the shoulder. 
Players don’t care so why should I.

Yep, me too. I feel so disconnected from this group of players that I'm not going to waste any of my emotional energy on them.

When you look back at thecrelegation scraps in the 90s, we had players like Franny who were technically limited but put their blood, sweat and tears into trying, so even when we lost you could still applaud the effort.

This lot just look like they're a bunch of mates having a kick around in the park. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Fair point. With the exception of Bournemouth and Everton - who I think are coming down with us - I would swap our squad with every other team in the league. 

If bournemouth win today, they will be on 33 points...doubtful

• Like 2

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

Yep, me too. I feel so disconnected from this group of players that I'm not going to waste any of my emotional energy on them.

When you look back at thecrelegation scraps in the 90s, we had players like Franny who were technically limited but put their blood, sweat and tears into trying, so even when we lost you could still applaud the effort.

This lot just look like they're a bunch of mates having a kick around in the park. 

This is why I always advocated for the likes of Perraud, sure he makes some mistakes but he never, ever gave up.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-2 Palace - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic