Russell Martin

LegalEagle

14 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

Surely, even a Russell Martin apologist like you must realize this is bullsh!t. Only 3 teams in the Championship conceded more goals than Swansea this season, and they were all relegated.

In 2020-21, his only full season at MK Dons, they conceded 62 goals. Even Saints U21 team beat them:

2020–21 Milton Keynes Dons F.C. season - Wikipedia

In 2021-22, his Swansea team conceded 68 goals:

2021–22 Swansea City A.F.C. season - Wikipedia

And this season, his Swansea team have conceded 64 goals

So, over the last 3 seasons, Russell Martin's teams jhave conceded more goals per game in League One and the Championship than Saints have in the Premier League.

He’s not been officially appointed yet but people are being branded a ‘Russell Martin Apologist’

Jesus wept give your head a firm wobble

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

Surely, even a Russell Martin apologist like you must realize this is bullsh!t. Only 3 teams in the Championship conceded more goals than Swansea this season, and they were all relegated.

In 2020-21, his only full season at MK Dons, they conceded 62 goals. Even Saints U21 team beat them:

Only 3 teams Scored more than Swansea this season, it was the highest number of Goals Swansea had scored in the Championship since their relegation from the Prem.

in a mad turn of events it seems that goals both for and against decide your league position.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Got a couple of Swansea fans in the office and they seem really disappointed he's going. Possession-based attacking football is what he'll bring, in their opinion. Sometimes a bit dodgy at the back but I guess that works for us as it's The Southampton Way!

They said he wants to be at a club who can back his ambitions financially and their US owners won't do that. I imagine he'll see us with parachute payments plus player sale revenue (and maybe even a bit more of Dragan's wealth) as giving him that backing. 

If the Board are set on Martin, which looks to be the case, I would be asking him for his Championship defensive wish list (including a reliable keeper and commanding centre back) very soon after his arrival.  For his formula to work you simply can't have liabilities and shrinking violets at the back.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nordic Saint said:

With our goalkeepers and defenders, his passing around at the back isn't going to work any better, is it?  In fact it looks like a surefire recipe for disaster.

I have said earlier in this thread my preference would have been a bigger name manager with experience in the top flight and success in the championship like Rodgers and Potter. Sadly they seem out of reach, we reportedly could have had a chance of employing Potter if we had survived.

I’m not sure if looking through stats for some encouragement on our potential new manager makes me an ‘apologist’ but you’re entitled to that opinion.

What I will say is that it’s pretty hard to argue that Martin didn’t limit opponents to few chances when only one team in the entire league had less shots on their goal from open play and only 4 teams were expected to concede less from open play, taking into account the quality of chances. 

Perhaps I’m thinking glass half full here but that sounds encouraging to me that his style isn’t giving opponents loads of big chances.

I know it’s in a bigger league, but I recall we all berated Howe for his 60+ goals conceded during his time at Bournemouth. Interesting that with better tools at his disposal he’s got the second best defensive record now in the PL.

Edited by goodymatt
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

I have said earlier in this thread my preference would have been a bigger name manager with experience in the top flight and success in the championship like Rodgers and Potter. Sadly they seem out of reach, we reportedly could have had a chance of employing Potter if we had survived.

I’m not sure if looking through stats for some encouragement on our potential new manager makes me an ‘apologist’ but you’re entitled to that opinion.

What I will say is that it’s pretty hard to argue that Martin didn’t limit opponents to few chances when only one team in the entire league had less shots on their goal from open play and only 4 teams were expected to concede less from open play, taking into account the quality of chances. 

Perhaps I’m thinking glass half full here but that sounds encouraging to me that his style isn’t giving opponents loads of big chances.

I know it’s in a bigger league, but I recall we all berated Howe for his 60+ goals conceded during his time at Bournemouth. Interesting that with better tools at his disposal he’s got the second best defensive record now in the PL.

The thing is we dont concede that many chances now, teams know if they get a shot on target there is a reasonably good chance they'll score. At the other end it's a different story where we need 5 or 6 good chances to score. So between the two things it's no wonder we are where we are.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

There's loads of stats bouncing around but if I understand you correctly, only 3 more teams conceded more than Swansea this season BUT only 4 teams were expected to concede less than Swansea.  Is it just that they have a shit keeper?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

There's loads of stats bouncing around but if I understand you correctly, only 3 more teams conceded more than Swansea this season BUT only 4 teams were expected to concede less than Swansea.  Is it just that they have a shit keeper?

2nd least shots on their goal from open play and only 4 teams expected to concede less. However, they conceded the 4th most overall.

I’d agree that they are conceding way more than they should be which could be down to a poor shot stopping keeper. We will have to hope Bazunu doesn’t carry his form (worst save percentage in Europe’s top 5 leagues) into the Championship!

The podcast I linked a few pages ago talking about Martin being underfunded evaluated their squad and it sounded like number one was dropped, number 2 no better. Crying out for a better keeper.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goodymatt said:

2nd least shots on their goal from open play and only 4 teams expected to concede less. However, they conceded the 4th most overall.

I’d agree that they are conceding way more than they should be which could be down to a poor shot stopping keeper. We will have to hope Bazunu doesn’t carry his form (worst save percentage in Europe’s top 5 leagues) into the Championship!

The podcast I linked a few pages ago talking about Martin being underfunded evaluated their squad and it sounded like number one was dropped, number 2 no better. Crying out for a better keeper.

Cheers, does seem strange to presumably concede far more goals than they're expected to.  

It'll be interesting to see how he copes managing a side that is (hopefully) expected to be around the top end of the table and with more resources than most other clubs.  You'd think our possession stats would automatically be an improvement because, if nothing else, the standard of teams against us will be lower. 

I guess in that context it's going to be as important to look at chances created and goals scored.  Don't know too much about him but Piroe seems to be a fairly regular scorer at this level.

11 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Out of the frying pan.......

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Cheers, does seem strange to presumably concede far more goals than they're expected to.  

It'll be interesting to see how he copes managing a side that is (hopefully) expected to be around the top end of the table and with more resources than most other clubs.  You'd think our possession stats would automatically be an improvement because, if nothing else, the standard of teams against us will be lower. 

I guess in that context it's going to be as important to look at chances created and goals scored.  Don't know too much about him but Piroe seems to be a fairly regular scorer at this level.

Agreed it’s a Southampton-esque stat isn’t it. Certainly an area for improvement!

Should we lose Adams, Piroe would be a very decent signing at this level. 40 goals in last 2 seasons. I did read that like Adams, he does score less than he is expected to. So perhaps not as clinical as Gyokores for example.

Edited by goodymatt

23 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Agreed it’s a Southampton-esque stat isn’t it. Certainly an area for improvement!

Should we lose Adams, Piroe would be a very decent signing at this level. 40 goals in last 2 seasons. I did read that like Adams, he does score less than he is expected to. So perhaps not as clinical as Gyokores for example.

22/23

xG - 19.8 / Goals - 18

21/22

xG - 12 / Goals 22

That 21/22 stat looks a bit mental tbh as it’s suggesting that he basically scored twice the goals he was expected to

When you dig a little deeper though he does look a little wasteful, he takes a lot of shots (in the top 10% of the division) of which you’d expect a striker too anyway, but his actual conversion rate only just puts him in the top 30%

Playmaking wise he looks very poor, if we are talking about his pure stats, generally all key stats in that area have him sat at or below the top 50% in the division

Of course… Ive not really watched him so its hard to get a FULL picture but certainly from what Ive read I do think we could do better than Piroe

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

22/23

xG - 19.8 / Goals - 18

21/22

xG - 12 / Goals 22

That 21/22 stat looks a bit mental tbh as it’s suggesting that he basically scored twice the goals he was expected to

When you dig a little deeper though he does look a little wasteful, he takes a lot of shots (in the top 10% of the division) of which you’d expect a striker too anyway, but his actual conversion rate only just puts him in the top 30%

Playmaking wise he looks very poor, if we are talking about his pure stats, generally all key stats in that area have him sat at or below the top 50% in the division

Of course… Ive not really watched him so its hard to get a FULL picture but certainly from what Ive read I do think we could do better than Piroe

I said it last summer which might have been a bit premature but I'd like Cameron Archer on loan with an option to buy if we go up. I wouldn't have thought he's in Emery's plans for next season.

• Like 1

From a quick look at the Swansea highlights at least he seems to completely own it and be all in on the possession, play out from the back style. Nothing worse than our cowardly attempt at it in recent times which involves getting in to the attacking third, playing it back to full back, passing across the defence, back to the keeper, hoof, lost it. Completely pointless. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

I said it last summer which might have been a bit premature but I'd like Cameron Archer on loan with an option to buy if we go up. I wouldn't have thought he's in Emery's plans for next season.

Yeah I like Archer he looks very good, young too and is a reasonably well rounded forward

My number one choice would be Gyokeres, to me it feels very much like a Lambert esque signing if we could pull that off

He is ready made for a championship promotion run but I feel like he’ll pitch up in the prem next year either way… sticking to the Coventry theme I’d also try to nick Hamer too but I’d say he’s destined for bigger things

59 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Presumably he'll be bringing both of those two with him then as priority transfer window targets ...? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, chiknsmack said:

If you have the chance to watch today's match again, there are a few moments when you can look at Brighton doing what we could be looking to do next year in a possession-based system under Martin.

23:30 is the stereotypical Brighton play. The CBs slow the game right down and virtually stand on the ball until Aribo gets bored and presses. His press forces the players behind him to follow, at which point Brighton play a couple of quick passes to get on the attack.

The first minute of the second half is the same thing; the CBs passing the ball back and forth when not being pressed, slowing moving up the pitch, then eventually playing a forward pass to a wide player.

60:30 is the best example. 30 seconds of “boring pointless possession for possession’s sake” before the Saints press invites three quick passes to get into the Saints box.

Well, ya, but you do need de-moralized players and an idiot for an opposition manager to have the opportunity to do what Brighton did against Saints.

Just now, CB Fry said:

Honestly I think I preferred the Nathan Jones "first week in training" clips

Oh Christ, that's brought back something I'd tried to forget about... I genuinely cannot believe Saints looked at that footage and went ahead with publishing. It was... painfully amateurish. One of the worst things we've ever put out there willingly, maybe?

Would be interested to know if it was driven by them or if it was some sort of PR idea from the powers that be.

No surprise when The Athletic story came out some time later by highlighting that some players/staff felt the sessions were far too basic.

• Haha 2

Had a chance to do a bit of research and digest the news over the weekend. Personally, I don't think my opinion has changed and I think it'll be a disaster of an appointment. We essentially has 2 years to get out of this league before the Parachute Payments run out and I'm not sure Martin is the man to do that. 

I like the fact that we have identified a philosophy and are trying to gain an identity and to be honest, I have no real issue with a possession based approach. Coached well with the right players it can be really affective. Look at Brighton as an example of just that. I do however have real concerns around if we have the players to achieve that style. 

Currently, we're really poor defensively. We make far too many mistakes on the ball and just switch off without it. From what I can gather, Swansea have similar issues. To gain promotion from this league you need to grind out results 1-0 just as much as you need to win 4-0. I don't think Martin will improve us defensively to grind out those 1-0 wins.  

My biggest concern is that we have a squad mentally void of all confidence with a losers mindset. To play like this, you can't have anyone who hides from the ball - we currently have a squad of about 30 who hide. Aside from the players, we also have a fanbase who have been scared from 5 years of shite. St Mary's is toxic and there are too many "get it fucking forward" idiots who'll be moaning and groaning, causing tension when we take a short goal kick or pass it to a player who's under pressure. 

I feel like we needed a bigger name to galvanise the place and command respect from the get go. Time will only tell if Martin can do that. 

This one feels like a bit of a Puel rather than Koeman appointment. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Dman said:

Had a chance to do a bit of research and digest the news over the weekend. Personally, I don't think my opinion has changed and I think it'll be a disaster of an appointment. We essentially has 2 years to get out of this league before the Parachute Payments run out and I'm not sure Martin is the man to do that. 

I like the fact that we have identified a philosophy and are trying to gain an identity and to be honest, I have no real issue with a possession based approach. Coached well with the right players it can be really affective. Look at Brighton as an example of just that. I do however have real concerns around if we have the players to achieve that style. 

Currently, we're really poor defensively. We make far too many mistakes on the ball and just switch off without it. From what I can gather, Swansea have similar issues. To gain promotion from this league you need to grind out results 1-0 just as much as you need to win 4-0. I don't think Martin will improve us defensively to grind out those 1-0 wins.  

My biggest concern is that we have a squad mentally void of all confidence with a losers mindset. To play like this, you can't have anyone who hides from the ball - we currently have a squad of about 30 who hide. Aside from the players, we also have a fanbase who have been scared from 5 years of shite. St Mary's is toxic and there are too many "get it fucking forward" idiots who'll be moaning and groaning, causing tension when we take a short goal kick or pass it to a player who's under pressure. 

I feel like we needed a bigger name to galvanise the place and command respect from the get go. Time will only tell if Martin can do that. 

This one feels like a bit of a Puel rather than Koeman appointment. 

It feels like another Jones-style appointment and I'm struggling as to how the club, after that farcical shitshow, seem to be repeating history. Jones at least had had some vague form of success. There is nothing in this guy's CV which hints that he has what it takes to get us back up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Viking Saint said:

It feels like another Jones-style appointment and I'm struggling as to how the club, after that farcical shitshow, seem to be repeating history. Jones at least had had some vague form of success. There is nothing in this guy's CV which hints that he has what it takes to get us back up.

The league position doesn't  matter..

Although they may want to rethink that when the financial implications hit home.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Viking Saint said:

Not sure I agree with that. Jones failed massively when given a chance to step up to a bigger club (Stoke) and his success was off the back of an aggressive underdog mentality at Luton. We're just not that kind of side. 

Martin has been a relative success in both of his previous roles, all be it without setting the world a light in either. It feels like he's on the way up / ready to have a go at making that step up

His style should suit us (a soft family club) better than Jones, in theory. 

In a way I'm kinda glad they're not just looking at results and appointing on that basis. For example Mark Robins has done amazingly this year, but I think if he moved on he'd be back to being a below bang average journey man manager - He's at the right club at the right time.. Similar to Nigel Adkins for us.  

And thank god we're appointing someone on a style of play rather than because the spreadsheet says their current team are one of the best in Europe at defending corners, or something stupid, like we did for Jones. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Verbal said:

What are the symptoms for narcolepsy again?

Right. I dunno about you but I much prefer egotistical and angry little men skipping around the training pitch shrieking ‘let’s play with a bit of character, let’s play with a bit of character’  

For the record, anyone who thinks Potter or Rogers would come here is utterly deluded. As such, and no matter who we appoint, we’re gonna get people moaning; ‘never worked in the British game, too young, too negative, dinosaur etc etc’ 

the Jones appointment was a shit show, we all see that, but ffs; If Martin is the guy (and it seems very much like he is) get behind him and show a bit of support. I’m not saying for a second that et we should all be happy clappy passive support who blindly applaud whatever the board try to shove down our throats but Jesus Christ, the amount of you writing this guy off before a ball has been kicked it crazy.

Edited by The Juice
  • Like 12

29 minutes ago, The Juice said:

Right. I dunno about you but I much prefer egotistical and angry little men skipping around the training pitch shrieking ‘let’s play with a bit of character, let’s play with a bit of character’  

For the record, anyone who thinks Potter or Rogers would come here is utterly deluded. As such, and no matter who we appoint, we’re gonna get people moaning; ‘never worked in the British game, too young, too negative, dinosaur etc etc’ 

the Jones appointment was a shit show, we all see that, but ffs; If Martin is the guy (and it seems very much like he is) get behind him and show a bit of support. I’m not saying for a second that et we should all be happy clappy passive support who blindly applaud whatever the board try to shove down our throats but Jesus Christ, the amount of you writing this guy off before a ball has been kicked it crazy.

Have you quite finished, or do you have more of that strawman to build yet?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Juice said:

Jesus wept.

@trousers please give this guy a Muttley medal 🏅 

Edited by CB Fry
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Honestly I think I preferred the Nathan Jones "first week in training" clips

When I first saw it genuinely misread as 'Russell Martin get's in' meaning the yellow bin - spent the time waiting for some slapstick relief. 

• Like 1

So, trying to work this out. 

Are we:

A) Happy with Russell Martin (happy clapper apologists) 

B) Not happy with Russell Martin (cry-baby snowflakes) 

C) Ambivalent about Russell Martin (not proper Saints fans) 

D) All of the above

I think he seems like a decent appointment (if it happens). We aren't going to get anyone who's that good (ie Prem calibre), that ship has sailed. 

I don't know about anyone else, and I would like to see exactly who leaves in the Summer, but we could have a very exciting young team to bed in at Championship level. I'm looking forward to it. 

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Like 4

Not that I've seen loads, but I can't think of any dressing room team talks that haven't had a bit of cringe. Essentially a group of players who have to sit there and take whatever is coming out of their manager's mouth. Whether it's anger and swearing, buzz words and X numbers or inspirational quips taken straight off of posters in the gym. Quiet players with barely any interaction, generally looking like they are counting the seconds until their boss shuts up, while hoping they aren't singled out in front of the cameras.

I did prefer to see Martin's smaller area, which at least have some impression of togetherness. Not do keen on a manager having to give a team talk in something as big as a conference room, where he has to raise his voice just to cover the distance to the furthest away players.

It's nice to see a constructive talk. With whatever squad we're left with, and SR finally managing not to screw up a window, we should be looking to go straight back up. That's going to take a different team talk to the one we're seeing here (which is not to say he can't do those too.) He will have to set standards of promotion and Premier League expectations.

Since he was part of a team that capitulated on a regular basis, I'd be interested to find out if he learned how to stop it, considering he'll be managing us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dman said:

Not sure I agree with that. Jones failed massively when given a chance to step up to a bigger club (Stoke) and his success was off the back of an aggressive underdog mentality at Luton. We're just not that kind of side. 

Martin has been a relative success in both of his previous roles, all be it without setting the world a light in either. It feels like he's on the way up / ready to have a go at making that step up

His style should suit us (a soft family club) better than Jones, in theory. 

In a way I'm kinda glad they're not just looking at results and appointing on that basis. For example Mark Robins has done amazingly this year, but I think if he moved on he'd be back to being a below bang average journey man manager - He's at the right club at the right time.. Similar to Nigel Adkins for us.  

And thank god we're appointing someone on a style of play rather than because the spreadsheet says their current team are one of the best in Europe at defending corners, or something stupid, like we did for Jones. 

A bit hard on Mark Robins, promotion in first season and a better league finish each season for the next five, including another promotion as champions. All whilst CCFC has been a basket case off the pitch including not always playing in Coventry.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, goodymatt said:

Looking at this video I can’t say I’m being inspired. Will he be too keen to be liked? He doesn’t look a particularly strong character. Know he’s a decent guy and all that and am sure he’s intelligent but feels to me like we are making another big mistake if the rumours are correct. If we are wanting to bounce back up next season I doubt if this appointment can achieve that. 
If he comes I certainly wish him luck and will be very happy to be proved wrong but feels a risky appointment after 2 other risky appointments which failed badly. 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Nolan said:

Only 3 teams Scored more than Swansea this season, it was the highest number of Goals Swansea had scored in the Championship since their relegation from the Prem.

in a mad turn of events it seems that goals both for and against decide your league position.

Did Swansea have dross strikers like ours? 

I really don’t know why the club spent a load of moneys for players, but refused to pay a penny for a decent manager. I hate to see passing back from a striker to a midfielder,  then to a defender and then to the goalkeeper in order to keep possession. But I think we will see it again and again. 

• Like 1

FFS, it'd be just typical if we get some middling no namer in and piss away any chance or returning while we have the parachute money.

Waste less $$$ on shite like Tall Paul, Sulemana, Orsic, Bree, AMN wages, and Aribo and get in a coach capable of sorting out this mess and leading us to promotion.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jonnyboy said:

Did Swansea have dross strikers like ours? 

Swansea had Strikers managed by Russell Martin, in a style of Play Managed by Russell Martin.

There is a transfer window and two months before the championship season starts, so why and earth presume the squad we'll start with then?

Also, dont forget: One player links Southampton and Swansea. Michael Obafemi. in 21/22 Martin got 12 Goals out of him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HKsaint said:

I really don’t know why the club spent a load of moneys for players, but refused to pay a penny for a decent manager. I hate to see passing back from a striker to a midfielder,  then to a defender and then to the goalkeeper in order to keep possession. But I think we will see it again and again. 

Back to the keeper who then hoofs it up field to the opposition.

Its the most pathetic passing pattern which Saints are guilty of most.

Anyway moving on now.

The more I think of this manager appointment the more I’m beginning to think……

WHY?!? It’s a shit appointment and after watching that video of him talking to the players. Ha ha honestly he couldn’t motivate our bunch of lazy cunts. 

6 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

Anyway moving on now.

WHY?!? It’s a shit appointment and after watching that video of him talking to the players. Ha ha honestly he couldn’t motivate our bunch of lazy cunts. 

You missed the “… I hope I’m proven wrong” finale after writing off potential new manager based on a 2 minute video at the end of a match. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

You missed the “… I hope I’m proven wrong” finale after writing off potential new manager based on a 2 minute video at the end of a match. 

Plus his statistic which are nothing great.

I actually enjoyed our two years in the championship a few years back and imho I’m glad we are back there again.

I just wish we had a decent leader to enjoy the experience again like we had with Adkins.

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, OttawaSaint said:

FFS, it'd be just typical if we get some middling no namer in and piss away any chance or returning while we have the parachute money.

Waste less $$$ on shite like Tall Paul, Sulemana, Orsic, Bree, AMN wages, and Aribo and get in a coach capable of sorting out this mess and leading us to promotion.

Any idea who? 

Watched the Coaches Voice video where he detailed the tactics employed during the 4-0 win away at Cardiff.

I think we will need a big overhaul of players (which is probably going to happen anyway) to maximise what RM wants to do.

I wouldn't trust any of our defenders to be able to show the bravery needed to play the ball out as he clearly wants.

Shame Lavia will be off as he would be incredible at receiving the pass from a CB, turning and starting the attack.

I think it would be likely that majority of our forwards would struggle too. It seemed very, very detailed and we've seen little to suggest they can take onboard instructions these past few seasons.

I'm not saying its the wrong appointment, I just hope he is given the players to implement the style quickly and correctly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilchards said:

Anyway moving on now.

Probably a good thing that we’re appointing someone who seemingly will prioritise us being much better at this then isn’t it? 

I’ll say it again, being angry at the idea of us passing the ball to each other is genuinely mental.

• Like 8

Have spent a bit of time now [you tube] getting to know more about him and his approach etc. and am changing my view from negative to why not. Something about him and if the players buy into him [and don’t see why not at all] we just could do very well next season 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, croydonsaint said:

Have spent a bit of time now [you tube] getting to know more about him and his approach etc. and am changing my view from negative to why not. Something about him and if the players buy into him [and don’t see why not at all] we just could do very well next season 

I'm veering towards this mentality. But, the fear of 'more of the same' is not going away. Similar tactical approach after the best part of 4 years of seeing our club wither away under such an approach.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Probably a good thing that we’re appointing someone who seemingly will prioritise us being much better at this then isn’t it? 

I’ll say it again, being angry at the idea of us passing the ball to each other is genuinely mental.

Far too simplistic. It’s the direction of passing that matters. And the motivation behind it.

Passing back from striker to midfield to defender to goalkeeper, bad.

Passing from goalkeeper to defender to midfield to striker, good.

Passing from fullback to defender to defender to other fullback, pointless waste of time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pilchards said:

Anyway moving on now.

Who do you suggest ?

1 minute ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Who do you suggest ?

That’s a silly question because anyone realistic is possible if you sell the project to them and pay them decent wages.

Worked out we bought 100m worth of useless players last season. A half decent manager would of got better results out of the current squad even without wasting that 100m.

I would also go as far as saying that ask any Saints fan three weeks ago who you would like to take over as the manager fur Saints. Martin would not be in anyone’s top 30 of realistic targets.

Its a stupid gamble by Ankerson who’s proving to us that he has Drago by the balls with yet another pathetic managerial appointment.

ps 3rd post and out.