Pre Season Friendlies 2023/24

Master Bates

My team I'd like to see for a half at least on saturday, picked the forwards and charly primarily cos they are all fast and tricksters and have confidence in themselves, could give each other some nice space/opportunities.

Overall all these ballers have confidence and arent a make a mistake and shrivel types, I want aggression and fast transitions and half of them have been versed in the type of football we want to play either at city or burnley or swansea.

Bazunu

Tino.         Fan Killer       Stephens         Manning

Charles.       Lavia

Maradona

Tella                                         Sulemana

Masi Mara

In fact with my renowned foresight and overall expertise on all things football, I feel highly confident this team would cook in the championship.

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

My team I'd like to see for a half at least on saturday, picked the forwards and charly primarily cos they are all fast and tricksters and have confidence in themselves, could give each other some nice space/opportunities.

Overall all these ballers have confidence and arent a make a mistake and shrivel types, I want aggression and fast transitions and half of them have been versed in the type of football we want to play either at city or burnley or swansea.

Bazunu

Tino.         Fan Killer       Stephens         Manning

Charles.       Lavia

Maradona

Tella                                         Sulemana

Masi Mara

In fact with my renowned foresight and overall expertise on all things football, I feel highly confident this team would cook in the championship.

200.gif?cid=e180674a5azm7q313cuhwujipz5x

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Brightside said:

Yep, got mine. Local for me, looking forward to it, think we sold out?

We have but weirdly they didn't put every block on sale behind the goal so just seems like wasted empty seats. 

Tons available in the home end so anyone after a ticket just go in there. 

1 hour ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Not sure what other options are out there, but Reading are streaming the friendly for £5 via RoyalsTV.

Good point i'd assumed it was on saintsfc again, if someone is charging for it i assume we will be able to find a free stream somewhere.

Not sure I am desperate enough to pay 5bucks for the selles derby.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, suewhistle said:

Both the Convict Colony and their neighbour won their games today, Saturday morning it's Englands turn. Not exactly free as I'll be watching at a pub with friends..

For a moment I thought you'd spiked my drink again sue and I'd played football against my neighbour.

Will try and watch a game in this world cup to see if its a decent standard as last one I dunno what game it was but it was not pretty and put me off.

Although I remember seeing a clip of a champions league game with some wonder goals in - whose the best team to watch sue? anyone ?

Am talking passing football and a goal scoring machine.

Edited by Convict Colony

1 hour ago, SO16_Saint said:

Any suggestions for child friendly pubs before the game?  It’s in the middle of nowhere so probably just turn up and go in?

None but someone was suggesting Holiday Inn on earlier post. 
Im driving thanks to rail strike so parking at ground for a £5 then car passengers drink in ground.

From memory it’s a narrow concourse and open doors at half time to vendors outside 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

None but someone was suggesting Holiday Inn on earlier post. 
Im driving thanks to rail strike so parking at ground for a £5 then car passengers drink in ground.

From memory it’s a narrow concourse and open doors at half time to vendors outside 

Thanks.  Will probably do the same.  Head up about midday, park up and grab some lunch and head in 

2 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Exactly what I expect our Sheff Weds team to be, unless any of them get sold before then. Pretty easy replacements already within the squad for any of the likely ones to go. 

Livramento to Bree, KWP to Manning, JWP to Charles. Rest I’d say seem pretty settled.

Smallbone and Mara bring absolutely nothing to the team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, captainchris said:

Smallbone definitely 

I wish posters like you would just piss off

Smallbone is a young player who needs to be supported not continually being the subject of negative abuse 

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, captainchris said:

Smallbone definitely 

Based on what exactly? Decent 1st season playing regularly last year, and did will for Ireland. He's got something about him imo. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, John B said:

I wish posters like you would just piss off

Smallbone is a young player who needs to be supported not continually being the subject of negative abuse 

Hun, you do realise this is a fans forum right? You know, a place to air one’s thoughts on the club, the manager/coaches, players etc.  You may be a relative of Smallbone I guess which might make for difficult reading, but if that’s the case perhaps you need to consider not putting yourself through it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

In other news, The Russell Martin Academy U15 team (who my kids played for) are 3-0 up in the final of the Gothia Cup. (World club championship). Augurs well. Sort of. Kids streaming it from our holiday gaff

39 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

This game in general will be interesting to see if there’s any visible improvement in how the players are reacting to Martin and his coaches. Let’s face it, if we were still in the Prem with this squad you would expect us to win comfortably against Reading, but psychologically speaking I’m not sure we’ve shaken off the losing mentality yet. Fingers crossed this game moves the team in right direction.