Taylor Harwood-Bellis

Saint Scott

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, Dusic said:

From the horses mouth, if we go up he is signing permanently and is more than happy to.

Been a great signing, likely driven by Jason Wilcox.

Also sounds like he wants to stay if we don't go up but the deal doesn't cover that so will need to be renegotiated.

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Also sounds like he wants to stay if we don't go up but the deal doesn't cover that so will need to be renegotiated.

doubt we could afford him, another loan maybe?

On 07/02/2024 at 10:28, JRM said:

He must have something about him having been in the Germany squad at the world Cup, just seems to struggle with injuries reoccurring. 

Wasn't he injured and out of their squad for most of the World Cup? He was certainly never fit when we wanted him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dusic said:

From the horses mouth, if we go up he is signing permanently and is more than happy to.

Been a great signing, likely driven by Jason Wilcox.

Absolutely class defender is THB 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Absolutely class defender is THB 🙂

Agreed but if promoted some strengthening is needed to stop the top three becoming the Premier's bottom three again. Key position needed-- Defence midfield and GK

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dellyears said:

Agreed but if promoted some strengthening is needed to stop the top three becoming the Premier's bottom three again. Key position needed-- Defence midfield and GK

And up front to be honest. 

• Like 1

There seems to be a bit of media chatter about our loanies staying, even if we fail. I can't see it......maybe they want to, but I'm not sure we could financially push to what their selling clubs want if we remain in the Championship. Another loan, maybe, but THB would have caught the eyes of PL clubs (and promoted to the PL clubs), so if he is to go on loan it would be to the prem next time round - ditto Downes.

We need to go up to keep either of them.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Right now he is not going to say anything like "if we lose I'm off" , is he.

Just to manage everyone's expectations, if it doesn't work out for us and THB ends up in the Premier League at somewhere like Crystal Palace he will tell their local journalists that he is "so excited to be there", he's spoken to the manager who has "great plans", everything is "really impressive" and that he "can't wait to get started". 

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Just to manage everyone's expectations, if it doesn't work out for us and THB ends up in the Premier League at somewhere like Crystal Palace he will tell their local journalists that he is "so excited to be there", he's spoken to the manager who has "great plans", everything is "really impressive" and that he "can't wait to get started". 

I knew he was full of shit when he said the fans have been great all season. The lads speaks well though so seems he has a brain in his head. 

9 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

There seems to be a bit of media chatter about our loanies staying, even if we fail. I can't see it......maybe they want to, but I'm not sure we could financially push to what their selling clubs want if we remain in the Championship. Another loan, maybe, but THB would have caught the eyes of PL clubs (and promoted to the PL clubs), so if he is to go on loan it would be to the prem next time round - ditto Downes.

Yep I'm expecting all to go apart from maybe Fraser. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I think Downes potentially more attainable than THB, especially as he has a very strong link to RM, but agree its pretty unlikely - and I think both City and WH will want to sell rather than another loan anyway.

Fraser we could probably sign if we don't go up, but I wouldn't be signing him if we did get promotion.

Edited by Dusic

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

I fucking hate traitors.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Would the fee for KWP not go some way towards keeping those two....or one at least If they really want to stay and their clubs dont want them ? I mean THB would probably be easier given a fee has been agreed.

Everyone seems to have access to the SR accounts to judge what the club will or wont have to spend..... 😕

Edited by beatlesaint

5 hours ago, CB Fry said:

No, but he could say the bog standard "just focussed on my football, we'll see what happens in the summer" rather than a flat out "I want to stay". 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

Would the fee for KWP not go some way towards keeping those two....or one at least If they really want to stay and their clubs dont want them ? I mean THB would probably be easier given a fee has been agreed.

Everyone seems to have access to the SR accounts to judge what the club will or wont have to spend..... 😕

I reckon we'd get around £20m for KWP, he's only got a year left.

Downes would cost between 10-15m, he's still got plenty of time on his contract at WHU and they bought him for £10-15m, he's not bombed enough for them to take such a huge hit. THB has an agreed 'promotion' fee in his contract of £22m, if we did re-negotiate that we'd be looking at 15m maybe - I don't see any scenario where we spend £15m on two individual players as a Championship club, it would be somewhat daft. 

We still need to buy a replacement for Adams, Stu Armstrong, Baznuu/McCarthy, Tella - and that's before spending £30m on those two. We'll need to be active, but we'll need to be pretty prudent on the sums we spend on individuals to make it go around.

Edited by S-Clarke

5 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I think we could keep hold of these players even without going up, the loanees definitely.

Funds from KWP, Onuachu, Caleta-Car, Bella-Kotchap etc will loosen up some funds.

The funds we couldn't get last year but will definitely get this year you mean?

10 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

The funds we couldn't get last year but will definitely get this year you mean?

You really expected us to sell those players rather than loan them out last season? Funny.

Every club loans them out due to the high wages etc. It happens at every club.

7 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

You really expected us to sell those players rather than loan them out last season? Funny.

Orsic, Livramento, Diallo, Salisu, JWP, Lavia, Tella, Djenepo. All sold.

I don’t really understand your point, but you seem to suggest we didn’t sell the likes of Onuachu, DCC, ABK etc because the club chose not to?

11 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

We didn't sell Onuanchu, ABK etc because clubs didn't pay us what we wanted. We'll only be offered less this year, so they'll probably be off out on loan again.

Caleta-Carr is a mandatory purchase for Lyon, £3m is already done.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Hopefully there's no Aldeweireld style shenanigans! Him alongside Bella Kotchap or a new signing with Bednarek and new signing/ABK as back up will be decent. 

Agree i'll wait for confirmation after Alderweireld situation

Do wonder if we'll stick with the 3 at the back next season

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Paulwantsapint81 said:

Just confirmed on solent he is a saint

And on Sky. Said there was a lot on it cause he knows it means he’s staying - seems genuinely happy about it 

Edited by Raging Bull
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint_clark said:

Hopefully there's no Aldeweireld style shenanigans! Him alongside Bella Kotchap or a new signing with Bednarek and new signing/ABK as back up will be decent. 

ABK was at the game today and posted a picture. 

Very happy with this one. Got potential to be a great player and a proper leader which is something we’ve been missing.

hopefully we can get Flyn Downes done too 

• Like 2

He's such a silky player, one of the biggest reasons for us to go up was to keep him. He's PL quality without doubt IMO.

I think he's cost us £20m, but he'll end up being sold for three times that once he has a PL season or two under his belt IMO.

KWP, THB, Downes, Armstrong - nice having a strong english spine to the team.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Very happy with this one. Got potential to be a great player and a proper leader which is something we’ve been missing.

hopefully we can get Flyn Downes done too 

Downes was really giving it large after the match. With a bit of luck he could be persuaded to stay. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

He's such a silky player, one of the biggest reasons for us to go up was to keep him. He's PL quality without doubt IMO.

I think he's cost us £20m, but he'll end up being sold for three times that once he has a PL season or two under his belt IMO.

I’m assuming city have a buy back clause in this 1?