Taylor Harwood-Bellis

Saint Scott

• Lighthouse changed the title to Taylor Harwood-Bellis - Official: Signs on Loan
Just now, skintsaint said:

Knowing us we will fcuk it up and lose him, he then becomes a megastar 😅

Finish third on the last day of the season after going into it top, then lose on penalties in the play off final.

You heard it here first 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

I still don't get why Burnley didn't sign him. I still don't get why they didn't sign Tella.

He captained the U21s to Euro Championship. I'm amazed we've got him.

I'm sure there was a Burnely fan on here a month or so ago - Mostly to talk about Tella. 

I'm fairly certain that he said when THB was mentioned that they have 3 really strong CB's so he might not actually get a game there. 

4 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Everyone else seems to be reporting it, local journos etc.

Great signing on paper, and sounds like a really good fit.

Going to be some unhappy players not getting a game this season...!

yep - It'll be interesting to see how Martin manages that. We've kinda shot ourselves in the foot giving Stephens the captaincy... I'm not sure he should even be starting. 

• Like 3

This one is down to Wilcox. Why Man City are prepared to let him go and why Burnley haven't pursued him as they did Tella remain open questions. His England credentials are bound to promote optimism as indeed they do for Holgate. Wouldn't it be fantastic if these two develop into an irresistible partnership that also one day represents England at senior level. That's what dreams are made of, COYS

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dman said:

yep - It'll be interesting to see how Martin manages that. We've kinda shot ourselves in the foot giving Stephens the captaincy... I'm not sure he should even be starting. 

Everything is about transition. It will be good to have the older players around as the young blood settles down and gains consistency. Stephens is not a fool, he knows the Captaincy will not grant him a free pass to automatic starter.

15 minutes ago, Dman said:

We should have given it to one of those other players who’s been here for ages, is a good influence in the dressing room, was guaranteed to stay this window and not be replaced by a better player, like err… yeah that other guy.

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

We should have given it to one of those other players who’s been here for ages, is a good influence in the dressing room, was guaranteed to stay this window and not be replaced by a better player, like err… yeah that other guy.

Like Stuart Armstrong?

23 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

That looks promising, I looked on the city and saints sites and a few twitter links that didn't mention it, getting him in on loan looks like a great piece of business getting him permanently for as little as 20m if we go up looks like a steal.  Very happy with this deal lets hope the rest of the day goes as well!

• Like 1

Just now, Saint_Ash said:

Like Stuart Armstrong?

Seems to be in and out of the side the last couple of years which I have always felt was odd as he is one of our better creative options, if he is going to start regularly I wouldn't mind him being Captain not that I think it makes a great deal of odds who wears the arm band it is a bit of a British obsession that the rest of the world find a bit bizzare.

22 minutes ago, Dman said:

I'm hoping he'll be ok with not playing...realistically Charles, Downes and TBH should all be starting. Bednarek won't be happy if he's on the bench, can't imagine Holgate would come here to be backup either. Smallbone will expect to play given him signing a new contract, and can't imagine Alcaraz will be happy on the bench. 

Nice to have competition for places, rather than trying to find XI that will be the least shit.

I mean, wow. What a strong signing. Excellent work by Wilcox, Martin and the rest. Hopefully he settles in quickly and really solidifies the spine of the team. Whereas before we've seen the likes of Sargent strolling through the centre of our defence and scoring with ease and players unmarked in the centre of the box, hopefully now we will see a real presence there.

Never seen him play. You guys seem to love him, so I'll take your word for it that he's great and look forward to seeing him tighten us up at the back. 

It's a long season, so having four `solid' center backs will come in very handy no doubt. Stephens injury being a perfect example. 

• Like 1

Hi, if I could give a view from City, think you've got a gem here in Taylor. I've watched him develop from U/16, think he nade is debut v Preston in the League Cup as a17 year old. Reminds me very much of John Stones, great reader of the game, strong in possession, wide range of passing. Future international in my opinion. Sad to see him leave but he needs to keep developing, something he'll get at  Saints. All the best. 

• Like 15

Just now, bluedave said:

Hi, if I could give a view from City, think you've got a gem here in Taylor. I've watched him develop from U/16, think he nade is debut v Preston in the League Cup as a17 year old. Reminds me very much of John Stones, great reader of the game, strong in possession, wide range of passing. Future international in my opinion. Sad to see him leave but he needs to keep developing, something he'll get at  Saints. All the best. 

Cheers. Im amazed we got him to be honest. Was sure a premier league team would sign him. Excellent work to get it done. He is exactly what we needed.

• Like 2

Just now, Turkish said:

Cheers. Im amazed we got him to be honest. Was sure a premier league team would sign him. Excellent work to get it done. He is exactly what we needed.

It's a great bit of business, and I can only assume it was delayed while he negotiated his extension and chunk of cash for signing it. It's a proper win/win for us, City, and the lad. 

Just now, egg said:

It's a great bit of business, and I can only assume it was delayed while he negotiated his extension and chunk of cash for signing it. It's a proper win/win for us, City, and the lad. 

Got to be. Unless he is fluffing the fan base by saying he watched our games etc

I wasn't even counting him as an option when we were thinking about new CB's this summer, he did so well at this level last year I assumed he was out of our reach.

I watched a few of Burnleys games last year because of Tella mainly, and THB is a royals Royce. PL level player without a doubt and this is a signing I'd have been chuffed with a PL level, so this is one I'm really excited about.

It's not just Burnley he excelled at, he was equally as impressive when England won the euro's.

The guy is a winner, championship title and a Euro's in 1 summer - need guys like him, so this is a signing the club have pulled the rabbit out of the hat on.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I wasn't even counting him as an option when we were thinking about new CB's this summer, he did so well at this level last year I assumed he was out of our reach.

I watched a few of Burnleys games last year because of Tella mainly, and THB is a royals Royce. PL level player without a doubt and this is a signing I'd have been chuffed with a PL level, so this is one I'm really excited about.

It's not just Burnley he excelled at, he was equally as impressive when England won the euro's.

The guy is a winner, championship title and a Euro's in 1 summer - need guys like him, so this is a signing the club have pulled the rabbit out of the hat on.

Yep, very surprised we’ve managed to get him. Would’ve thought any loan would be to a PL side, but I thought a few PL sides would come in for him on a perm.

2 hours ago, The Kraken said:

Yep, very surprised we’ve managed to get him. Would’ve thought any loan would be to a PL side, but I thought a few PL sides would come in for him on a perm.

We seem to have a very good relationship with City, and that can only have improved with the money they just got from the Lavia sell on. If we buy him I presume there will be another big sell on clause for City?

On 01/09/2023 at 09:29, Dman said:

I'm sure there was a Burnely fan on here a month or so ago - Mostly to talk about Tella. 

I'm fairly certain that he said when THB was mentioned that they have 3 really strong CB's so he might not actually get a game there. 

Have had a read of their forum. Looks like they signed a German lad in January while THB had a short injury. Ekdal played superbly for his first 8 games and they kept 6 clean sheets. By that stage of the season Burnley were completely bossing the Championship and so THB found it hard to break back into the side. Since his two rival CBs were owned by Burnley and not on loan they stuck with them.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Taylor Harwood-Bellis