• Alcaraz
    • Stu A.
    • Adam A.
    • Fraser
    • Charles
    • Adams
    • Bree
    • Aribo

Home loss. Piroe to score. Scar tissue. We played well. Che Adams runs around as if he's too good for us. Along with two or three others who can't be arsed. We slip further down the table. Lots of moaning on here. Calls for manager's head. He isn't sacked because SR know much more than us about football. They're clever, and are revolutionising the game by playing it around really slowly and then losing it and the goalie missing it. It's genius. The rest of the league, with their desire to play at pace with passion and strength are just dinosaurs. We know better, and it will work a treat in League One because... (repeat until we all die)

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, DT said:

Home loss. Piroe to score. Scar tissue. We played well. Che Adams runs around as if he's too good for us. Along with two or three others who can't be arsed. We slip further down the table. Lots of moaning on here. Calls for manager's head. He isn't sacked because SR know much more than us about football. They're clever, and are revolutionising the game by playing it around really slowly and then losing it and the goalie missing it. It's genius. The rest of the league, with their desire to play at pace with passion and strength are just dinosaurs. We know better, and it will work a treat in League One because... (repeat until we all die)

#NotSatire🎯

7 minutes ago, the colonel said:

So what happens next if we lose our 5th on the trot?

“I’m proud of these young boys. They’ve been through a lot and the scars of last season are clear to see. We were outstanding and they continued to follow my instructions despite the difficult atmosphere created by our fans. If we keep doing what we’re doing, we’ll be fine. I’m delighted with how things were going, and was proud of the lads how they reacted after Leeds got their sixth” 

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

36 minutes ago, the colonel said:

So what happens next if we lose our 5th on the trot?

RM will come out and says how proud he is of the players and that it's the fans fault for murmuring when the 500th 5 yard pass in a row went to a Leeds player. Oh and despite losing comfortably he'll claim we were the better side. It's as predictable as how we play to be fair.

• Like 1

Leeds have built up a great head of steam after a stuttering start whereas we've done the opposite. Beat them though and we're level on points and pushing back up towards the Play off places. THAT is the incentive that Martin needs to be telling his players. Otherwise they can all (Martin included) just go away leave in january fuck off.

The 8-0 demolition of Sheff U by Newcastle yesterday shows exactly what would happen to Saints next season if by some miracle this bunch of players and their hapless manager somehow managed to scrape promotion this season. Our squad of transfer window rejects, other team's cast offs and raw kids who have potential but little real world experience is nowhere near fit for purpose judged by this season's performances and suggests we are a million miles away from rebuilding  and honing a side fit to survive in the PL.

We should be fearful of the fact that last season's top three are now this season's PL bottom three. It serves to teach us that the rebuilding project at Southampton is going to take a lot longer than the one or two seasons promised from above and expected by some fans.

Many on here but not me exclaimed that they were looking forward to life in the Championship as a welcome respite from our endless failures in the PL. They have their wish and it looks increasingly likely that Saints will be in this league for quite some time. At the moment we do not have good enough players or a good enough manager and coaching staff. It will take time and a lot of money to put that right. 

The point of me saying this is to limit your expectations of what can be achieved against more ambitious clubs like Leeds. On current form a 0-0 draw would be an excellent result.

Edited by Charlie Wayman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

The 8-0 demolition of Sheff U by Newcastle yesterday shows exactly what would happen to Saints next season if by some miracle this bunch of players and their hapless manager somehow managed to scrape promotion this season. Our squad of transfer window rejects, other team's cast offs and raw kids who have potential but little real world experience is nowhere near fit for purpose judged by this season's performances and suggests we are a million miles away from rebuilding  and honing a side fit to survive in the PL.

We should be fearful of the fact that last season's top three are now this season's PL bottom three. It serves to teach us that the rebuilding project at Southampton is going to take a lot longer than the one or two seasons promised from above and expected by some fans.

Many on here but not me exclaimed that they were looking forward to life in the Championship as a welcome respite from our endless failures in the PL. They have their wish and it looks increasingly likely that Saints will be in this league for quite some time. At the moment we do not have good enough players or a good enough manager and coaching staff. It will take time and a lot of money to put that right. 

The point of me saying this is to limit your expectations of what can be achieved against more ambitious clubs like Leeds. On current form a 0-0 draw would be an excellent result.

I was never a fan of the “relegation reset” I never thought we’d “walk the league”. I never expected it to this awful though. There are proper pragmatic football people in this league, which we are not / don’t have.
what really frustrates me is we could have stayed up had we replaced Ralph with a safe pair of hands and invested wisely in January.

# all roads lead to Rasmus. 

Edited by Toussaint
  • Like 8

20 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

I much preferred this more positive view of life in the Championship from one of the other Charlie Wayman syndicate members... 

Screenshot_20230925-074619.png

The Championship is a proper football league uninfluenced by big money spending. It is not the place for ‘projects’ which are deemed to be cleverer than others. Rasmus does not understand what it takes to get out of this league. Look at Newcastle yesterday. They got it forward at speed whenever they could. No tippy tappy stuff in their own half. Gordon was a revelation but Goodson fans were glad to see him go. Why can’t Holgate be rejuvenated like Gordon. This ‘project’ will condemn us to League 1.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, dellboysaint said:

The Championship is a proper football league uninfluenced by big money spending. It is not the place for ‘projects’ which are deemed to be cleverer than others. Rasmus does not understand what it takes to get out of this league. Look at Newcastle yesterday. They got it forward at speed whenever they could. No tippy tappy stuff in their own half. Gordon was a revelation but Goodson fans were glad to see him go. Why can’t Holgate be rejuvenated like Gordon. This ‘project’ will condemn us to League 1.

I thought Wilcox was in charge of all things football related now? What decisions other than Wilcox does he know make? Up to Wilcox most on here and twitter were wanking themselves stupid over Wilcox. 

Oh and Martin Out

7 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

I'm absolutely confident that there is no way this RM team would have only let in 8 goals.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, trousers said:

I much preferred this more positive view of life in the Championship from one of the other Charlie Wayman syndicate members... 

Screenshot_20230925-074619.png

Are you sure you understood the context of my earlier submission? If you read it thoroughly you will have seen that it is no way contradictory to what I have posted today. My point was that many fans on here thought the Championship would be a doddle and we would win it by right. I was pointing out that it was far from a doddle and that we might find it a lot harder than some thought to get out again. The same point is made in my latest post.

I don't know anyone who thought it would be a doddle, there were fans who pointed out we'd have one of the highest budgets and wage bills so had resources in place to do well, unfortunately those resources have been managed very badly. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

Think we lost 6 on the bounce the year Man U stuck 9 past us at OT.

Doesn't seem to be putting fans off just yet, heading for another sell-out on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Wade Garrett said:

We’ll lose, and then be spitting feathers at Martin’s bullshit post-match.  

He won’t get sacked because we’re run by a load of useless cunts.

14 minutes ago, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

Think we lost 6 on the bounce the year Man U stuck 9 past us at OT.

Doesn't seem to be putting fans off just yet, heading for another sell-out on Saturday.

That is likely to mean quite a number of Leeds fans in amongst the dwindling band of Saints loyalists

Leeds fans are purring over the way some of their side are playing this season.

Ampadu seems to have been a steal at 7m, Piroe seems to be scoring effortlessly, and Summerville and Rutter have been excellent.

Add that to established campaigners like Byram and Ayling and a decent keeper, they would seem to be a better and more coherent state than we are.

Impossible to muster anywhere near enough enthusiasm to even consider a Saints win sadly 😞

On 24/09/2023 at 18:22, LGTL said:

“I’m proud of these young boys. They’ve been through a lot and the scars of last season are clear to see. We were outstanding and they continued to follow my instructions despite the difficult atmosphere created by our fans. If we keep doing what we’re doing, we’ll be fine. I’m delighted with how things were going, and was proud of the lads how they reacted after Leeds got their sixth” 

There, in B & W, the fault lies with you nasty fans! 
0-2 at HT and it will get loud. Buckle up.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 3-1 Leeds - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic