• Stu A.
    • Adam A.
    • Fraser
    • Charles
    • Adams
    • Bree
    • Aribo

4 hours ago, gio1saints said:

I should realise by now when I see your name as the author of a post that what I’m about to experience is a read of unrelenting negativity.

Yet, there’s something beguiling in your oft repeated dismay & the disgust you express so often- and so well I might add - and all because SFC are not playing football the way you want. 

I’ve no doubt you will consider turning your well honed skills of the online public evisceration kind onto me for this post but perhaps you might not be bothered because RM, SR and the currently hapless players are a much bigger and easier target. 

It’s ridiculously easy to criticise SFC atm.  You can bash them all day long and no Saints fan that goes to the matches can really argue that you’re wrong. 

And that’s why some saints fans, namely me, don’t. When it’s easy to bash then the bigger thing is not to bash. When it’s easy to hurt, the better thing is not to hurt. Instead of a stick or an online rant about how cowardly shit and useless they are May I suggest you try to put that admirable eloquence and energy of yours into coalescing us currently grieving fans into a force for good. For positivity. 
Maybe just turn up on Saturday and sing support for 90 minutes to show what those “useless” so and so’s on the pitch and in the boardroom. are meant to be bleeding on the shirt for and what being a Saint is all about. 

You cannot be serious!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, gio1saints said:

I should realise by now when I see your name as the author of a post that what I’m about to experience is a read of unrelenting negativity.

Yet, there’s something beguiling in your oft repeated dismay & the disgust you express so often- and so well I might add - and all because SFC are not playing football the way you want. 

I’ve no doubt you will consider turning your well honed skills of the online public evisceration kind onto me for this post but perhaps you might not be bothered because RM, SR and the currently hapless players are a much bigger and easier target. 

It’s ridiculously easy to criticise SFC atm.  You can bash them all day long and no Saints fan that goes to the matches can really argue that you’re wrong. 

And that’s why some saints fans, namely me, don’t. When it’s easy to bash then the bigger thing is not to bash. When it’s easy to hurt, the better thing is not to hurt. Instead of a stick or an online rant about how cowardly shit and useless they are May I suggest you try to put that admirable eloquence and energy of yours into coalescing us currently grieving fans into a force for good. For positivity. 
Maybe just turn up on Saturday and sing support for 90 minutes to show what those “useless” so and so’s on the pitch and in the boardroom. are meant to be bleeding on the shirt for and what being a Saint is all about. 

The only trouble with being too positive all the time is that some twat on here might dig out what you were saying about our prospects around this time last year... ;)

Screenshot_20230927-210440.png

Screenshot_20230927-210630.png

Screenshot_20230927-210829.png

Screenshot_20230927-211033.png

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, Vancouver Saint said:

What's the worst performance and result combo possible? We'll get that.

For me it's play just well enough to fan the dying embers of belief and still lose 0-1. Madness continues.

You can say that again.........our only hope is if we abandon the "process" and drastically rethink the way we approach games...and actually play effective Championship level football.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, trousers said:

The only trouble with being too positive all the time is that some twat on here might dig out what you were saying about our prospects around this time last year... ;)

Screenshot_20230927-210440.png

Screenshot_20230927-210630.png

Screenshot_20230927-210829.png

Screenshot_20230927-211033.png

Sadly we’ve all been there at some point. 😅

Many on here thought last summer was a good window, including me, amazing how quickly that changed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve still got money on us being top six and perhaps much more laughably  on Charlie to be leading goalscorer.  Well in my defence I put down £20 for a chance to win nearly a grand. Which I thought was not unreasonable. Except he does not even play atm! 

Guilty of having eternal optimism about Saints.  I guess it’s just a metaphor for how I look at life overall so I’m not worried about being right or wrong. As RM might say - - “ it’s the process” 😇

Edited by gio1saints

48 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

I’ve still got money on us being top six and perhaps much more laughably  on Charlie to be leading goalscorer.  Well in my defence I put down £20 for a chance to win nearly a grand. Which I thought was not unreasonable. Except he does not even play atm! 

Guilty of having eternal optimism about Saints.  I guess it’s just a metaphor for how I look at life overall so I’m not worried about being right or wrong. As RM might say - - “ it’s the process” 😇

That's right - you're the one who tipped me off about the odds on Charlie.  Bastard.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

I still back us 100% to get promoted.

Edit. I will quote this post without this edit bit if it actually comes true to demonstrate my amazing foresight.

You need to specify which season you think this promotion will be achieved.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, gio1saints said:

I'll never forget the predictions on how many Skacel was going to bang in in this league. Some people genuinely thought he was going to get 30+.

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Had so many e mails from the club trying to flog me cheap tickets for this game seems they can't give them away and don't want an entry stadium on TV, think there will be more Leeds fans than saints fans there! 😂

I really don't get what the ticket policy is, I wanted to move ST's  within the same block, bock 4, but when I look on the interactive stadium plan it shows all the seats around me as continually unavailable. What's is really confusing is there are always lots of empty seats around me, when they are occupied its by different people every time, often away fans?

PS haven't decided if I'm leaving my seat empty on Saturday yet, I keep saying I'm not going, (last two) and went to both and regretted it. 

On 24/09/2023 at 09:52, tisspahars said:

The usual reminder when the forum is this certain of a spanking.......Leeds will I imagine be about 6/4 to beat us, which, as the consensus seems to be somewhere between 3 and 5-0 would appear to represent astonishing value.

What will actually happen of course is that this will get a chorus of "couldn't possibly bet against my team (I can call them useless, frauds, spineless, pathetic etc but I couldn't possibly bet against them 😄)", and we'll hear no more about it unless Leeds win in which case they'll all appear again afterwards with "easy mpney" posts.

As ever, just saying......

With the usual caveats from the above quote.......in the "correct score" market on Betfair (not great liquidity at present) it looks like "any other away win" (ie: Leeds to score at least 4) will be around 10/1........

Realistically, we cannot expect bugger all from this game. Leeds are on form, we are heading the totally opposite way. They used to be a bit suspect at the back, so perhaps if we can click going forward we might score one or two, but we will concede more than that.

The thing is though, most predictions can only go on last game(s) form. This might be the one where RM gets it totally right and the players are well up for it, giving 100% for 90 minutes. That is what it will take for us to even get a point. I am thinking very likely to be something like a 2-4 final score.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Kucho said:

We all expect us to lose Saturday, but this is Saints and whenever I expect us to lose we win. 

Scrappy 2-1 win to us.

If only it had worked like that last season. I expected us to lose every game under NJ... 

44 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

I still back us 100% to get promoted.

Edit. I will quote this post without this edit bit if it actually comes true to demonstrate my amazing foresight.

Doesn't Glasgow Saint still have a copyright on that particular posting tactic? #textbook

;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Had so many e mails from the club trying to flog me cheap tickets for this game seems they can't give them away and don't want an entry stadium on TV, think there will be more Leeds fans than saints fans there! 😂

What deals have you been offered? A mate is still deciding whether to go or not, I hadn't noticed any cheap ticket offers but might have deleted it 

3 hours ago, coalman said:

Ross Stewart will fire us to promotion.

Quoted 3 times because if there's anything I've learned from Beetlejuice, you need to say it 3 times for it to come true.

5 minutes ago, tdmickey3 said:

Anyone actually looking forward to this inevitable thrashing?

No, I'm not looking forward to if, I wont bother going trough the self delusion that I'm not going to go, because I inevitably will. I haven't a clue what the result will be but its verry difficult to see us producing anything if recent performances are anything to go by. We are back in that home rut (cheers Russ), where we expect to lose, so keeping the fans onside will be the biggest challenge. 

We are so fragile at the moment. Now trying to play more conservatively but that’s just killed our attacking threat whilst still making defensive mistakes that cost us. We inevitably end up chasing games and giving teams multiple big chances.

Leeds are flying at the moment, we are playing with fear. It’s very hard to see anything other than a Leeds win.

The only way we can win a game like this is if we get our first clean sheet in 20 games and Che Adams actually scored his 1 chance a game. Going to be a difficult watch, I think. 0-3.

Assuming the presser is today, anyone know what time?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toussaint said:

I bet you’ll end up grateful to that “cunt” from sparing you any further trauma. 

Talking of which, who supplied that decent stream link for the Middlesbro' match?  Thanks, by the way, there was a certain strange fascination in watching and being able to shout 'man on' at the screen! 😉

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

We are so fragile at the moment. Now trying to play more conservatively but that’s just killed our attacking threat whilst still making defensive mistakes that cost us. We inevitably end up chasing games and giving teams multiple big chances.

Leeds are flying at the moment, we are playing with fear. It’s very hard to see anything other than a Leeds win.

The only way we can win a game like this is if we get our first clean sheet in 20 games and Che Adams actually scored his 1 chance a game. Going to be a difficult watch, I think. 0-3.

Assuming the presser is today, anyone know what time?

Id add to that the Che needs score on the final seconds of added time so we don't have the opportunity to capitulate.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Few questions.

How early will Leeds Score?

Will they score their first shot on target?

How angry will martin get on the sidelines?

How apathetic will the crowd get?

1 Either very early, just after we score, or just before half time

2. Yes

3. He'll be zen like Buddah

4. A few half hearted boos at half and full time

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Few questions.

How early will Leeds Score?

From KO

Will they score their first shot on target?

Yes

How angry will martin get on the sidelines?

He will moan to the assistant ref about added time

How apathetic will the crowd get?

Booooooooooooooooooooo.

Edited by goodymatt

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 3-1 Leeds - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic