• Alcaraz
    • Stu A.
    • Adam A.
    • Fraser
    • Charles
    • Adams
    • Bree
    • Aribo

Could be our biggest spanking of the season yet. Look like the best team in the leauge at the minute. 

Piroe to show why he's absolutely nothing like Adam Armstrong. 

Same team as today I guess - not sure it really matters at this point. 

0-4 and St Marys to turn really, really toxic. 

• Like 3

If Martin is still here and he's still not picking Alcaraz then the team I would want to see is: 

Bazunu (am I really saying that? Well I don't know what Lumley is like and I know what McC is like. I'm not far off wanting change soon though.)

KWP

THB

Bednarek

Manning 

Charles

Downes

Stu

Sulemana

Edozie

AA

Harsh on Adams and Fraser perhaps but there we are. Still, it doesn't matter what team we put out - Leeds will eat us alive.

Edited by SNSUN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SNSUN said:

If Martin is still here and he's still not picking Alcaraz then the team I would want to see is: 

Bazunu (am I really saying that? Well I don't know what Lumley is like and I know what McC is like. I'm not far off wanting change soon though.)

KWP

THB

Bednarek

Manning 

Charles

Downes

Stu

Sulemana

Edozie

AA

Harsh on AA and Fraser perhaps but there we are. Still, it doesn't matter what team we put out - Leeds will eat us alive.

Harsh on AA including him in the team...? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dman said:

Could be our biggest spanking of the season yet. Look like the best team in the leauge at the minute. 

Piroe to show why he's absolutely nothing like Adam Armstrong. 

Same team as today I guess - not sure it really matters at this point. 

0-4 and St Marys to turn really, really toxic. 

You sick bastard

We've just lost 4 on the spin and your making us think about losing 5 🤣

28 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

We came down with Leicester and Leeds as level-pegging, but it's pretty obvious that they're now both levels above us whilst we've regressed to Championship fodder in record time.

Well done to all involved in that. Must be a trophy to win there.

We didn't though. They came down having been narrowly relegated, scrapping away but ultimately not being quite good enough to stay in the PL. We came down having been utterly useless, incapable of doing anything other than get thumped in every game. Basically, they already had the bones of being a decent Championship team, whilst we were completely pathetic and in absolute freefall.

I'm not defending what's happened since relegation but we were always going to have to brake much harder to get around this hairpin.

• Like 9

Bazza

Bree - THB - Bednarek - KWP

----Charles - - Smallbone--

Stu--------Adams-----Edozie

-----------Armstrong-------

P.s.

And when we want to sub a winger, put Amo Ameyaw on, who deserves not to be shunted below dossers like Sulemana and Aribo. 

Edited by benjii
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

We didn't though. They came down having been narrowly relegated, scrapping away but ultimately not being quite good enough to stay in the PL. We came down having been utterly useless, incapable of doing anything other than get thumped in every game. Basically, they already had the bones of being a decent Championship team, whilst we were completely pathetic and in absolute freefall.

I'm not defending what's happened since relegation but we were always going to have to brake much harder to get around this hairpin.

Ah, I see, the “scar tissue” theory.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I'm not buying that. We all lost lots of players, changed managers, clearly there is a lot of negativity and a confidence crisis within the club but stop trying to blame last season for that.

• Like 1

They'll have watched the videos of us, seen how we play, seen how others have beaten us without breaking sweat and come here with a game plan. We'll set up and play the same so, right into their waiting hands. Candy from a baby springs to mind for this game.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

That is why it was essential to get an experienced manager in to help develop the players into a team.  Currently they are all strangers out on the pitch. Nothing that a decent manager could fix.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Manning and Holgate have been gash so running out of options. Either this or KWP on the left and Bree on the right.

Holgate actually did well yesterday apart from getting caught in possession. Much better defensively with him at RB and KWP at LB. 'Boro were all over us at the start of the second half with Manning no where to be seen. We could have conceded 2 or 3 times in the first 10 minutes after the break, mainly due to Manning's ineffectiveness against their number 11.

• Like 2

The usual reminder when the forum is this certain of a spanking.......Leeds will I imagine be about 6/4 to beat us, which, as the consensus seems to be somewhere between 3 and 5-0 would appear to represent astonishing value.

What will actually happen of course is that this will get a chorus of "couldn't possibly bet against my team (I can call them useless, frauds, spineless, pathetic etc but I couldn't possibly bet against them 😄)", and we'll hear no more about it unless Leeds win in which case they'll all appear again afterwards with "easy mpney" posts.

As ever, just saying......

56 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

My team....

Bazunu, Bree, THB, Bednarek, KwP, Charles, Downes, S.Armstrong, Sully, Adams, Edozie

Yep, that would probably be my team too. Although, and I can't believe I'm saying this, I would contemplate starting with Holgate at RB again. We actually looked balanced in defence (at long last) with him playing there and, before his brain fart, I thought he looked very comfortable in that position. 

All we need to do is tell the other players to shout "man on" loudly at Holgate when he has one of his trademark dilly-dally moments and we should be ok... 

Edited by trousers

It’s going to be ugly. Leeds to win easily and to be honest the score is an irrelevance. Just hope it’s not a total humiliation - yes, that might help along a decision to get RM out, but to be honest I don’t want our club to sink to those depths.

It will however signal the final realisation that we will be facing a relegation scrap this season with the current regime. The problem will be how they will find a way out of the mire, because the only course of action will be to go entirely against the project philosophy and system and frankly, I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

Leeds are not what they used to be but Saints don't tackle so dirty Leeds will just clatter us off the pitch and walk through defence. If we were in an exhibition match then no problem but real football no chance.

Saints 0-4 that's on the basis the best team won't be selected. Alcaraz will go in Jan window 🪟 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

We came down with Leicester and Leeds as level-pegging, but it's pretty obvious that they're now both levels above us whilst we've regressed to Championship fodder in record time.

Well done to all involved in that. Must be a trophy to win there.

Relegation regression trophy, you’ll never sing that 

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

What he means is that he wouldn’t have been most peoples first choice, which is accurate, in fact he wasn’t even the clubs first choice. That’s quite different to “turning on the manager” though 

I think you give him more leeway than he perhaps deserves - he meant what he said in my opinion.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 3-1 Leeds - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic