Preston 2-2 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

Preston had their spells on top. We took a bit to get into gear with the tempo of our passing. We made a few unforced errors along the way. A couple from Charles, one when we hadn't had an attack for a while frustrated RM.

Baz made a good save on the side a lot have gone in. His distribution and vision good as usual. Made a fine stop with his leg later in the half, which went up onto Charles's arm. Thankfully, no VAR to even consider it.

Preston tried to use those gaps left when we tuck in our full backs, at least 3 times. We'll always look a bit on the backdoor tearing back. But we've looked a lot more structured doing it as RMs instructions have taken hold. With 2 changes in the back line, it was good to see us look okay. Bookings for Bednarek and Smallbone could make it interesting second half there. Hopefully, we'll not have to worry about pressure.

Lovely KWP goal. RM talked about him playing in midfield, and even as a 9 due to his quality pre-match. Good to see the manager freeing up some of the players like Stu and KWP. Nice to see Che also looking to get on the end of the shot. Smallbone and AA linked up well shortly after, as we had a strong spell.

If we can have spells at our best tempo, when the passes are clicking, Preston might struggle to cope. Decent options from the bench too.

5 minutes ago, whelk said:

Don’t think Saintsweb is ready for women in football 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtney_Sweetman-Kirk 

I'm not seeing a male player with that career getting a co-commentators spot, and it's not like she's bringing anything useful to the commentary. I've no issue with women in football, as long as they are good. (And yes I'll call crap male commentators too)

1 minute ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtney_Sweetman-Kirk 

I'm not seeing a male player with that career getting a co-commentators spot, and it's not like she's bringing anything useful to the commentary. I've no issue with women in football, as long as they are good. (And yes I'll call crap male commentators too)

What you think you need more caps? Mcanuff?

6 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Why is the female pundit saying that Shea Charles stopped a goal? Baz has literally saved it and its bouncing clear from the goal, it hits Charles' arm from behind him basically and almost bounces back into the goal. At no point has he stopped a goal bound shot and it actually helped the attackers ffs.

Would be an absolutely shocking decision to give that as a pen. How do these people get jobs as pundits?

There was also suggesting Smallbone was lucky to stay on the pitch and needed to watch his step after the ref incorrectly blew for a foul. We watched a replay showing the most innocuous of contact while she reiterated that point.

4 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

Adams was limping at the end of the first half

Gotta say he is one player I am just sick of the sight of. Nothing against him, but he just needs to go away for our sake and his.

Edited by stknowle
  • Like 1

Just now, Block41 Saint said:

Saves that with ease if he moves his feet quicker. He concedes goals for fun outside the box, its a clear weakness. 

don't be a prick  that was all about not picking up second ball and nothing to do with the keeper

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Preston 2-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic