Preston 2-2 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

Yet again our game management is just shocking.

That comes from the managers game plan, I am definitely no football manager, but even I could see that PNE were going to come out really strong with some strong arm dark arts. 

What did he say at half time, what were the instructions.

3 minutes ago, sambosa75 said:

2-1.  Again Bazunu should be doing better.  Seems to turn away from the shot

What about that one? 

Dunno what you’re trying to prove, second one he could have closed his legs yeah but that first goal still wasn’t a keeper error.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SambaMaverick said:

Che Adams is twice the player of Mara.

Can't believe he's become the scapegoat somehow for this shit.

Because he's fucking shit?

Mara being shit doesn't exonerate Che from also being shit.

Bednarek is an actual wet fanny of a defender too, and absolutely responsible for the second.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bpsaint said:

Dunno what you’re trying to prove, second one he could have closed his legs yeah but that first goal still wasn’t a keeper error.

Nope, not an error but I’d expect a competent keeper to be saving it.  It was hardly top bins or tucked away in the bottom corner. 

I’d forgive any keeper who didn’t save it, it was well struck, as long as they occasionally did save that kind of shit which Bazunu literally never does.

Edited by sambosa75
Spelling
  • Like 1

We're just not good enough to play this style. It won't come with practice. It all falls apart if you misplace any of the short quick passes, and you can guarantee in almost every passage of possession we'll play at least one ball behind the intended recipient that makes them have to backtrack to retrieve it. It's so easy to get pressure on us because we simply do not have the technical quality to play through it. It's so fucking dumb.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Saint Gifford said:

Yet again our game management is just shocking.

That comes from the managers game plan, I am definitely no football manager, but even I could see that PNE were going to come out really strong with some strong arm dark arts. 

What did he say at half time, what were the instructions.

OK lads. We are just like Man City. Just pass pass pass and oh by the way what do you think of my Barnet. Its so now isn't it. Oh where are the pencils for my nostrils Baldrick. Wobble wobble wob. That's what the deluded Martin said to the 2nd rate Man City team at half time!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sambosa75 said:

Nope, not an area but I’d expect a competent keeper to be saving it.  It was hardly top bins or tucked away in the bottom corner.

Hit at pace through a crowded box and took a deflection, sorry I know everyone loves to hate on Baz and I’m certainly not a fan of his but you can’t blame that one on him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

bringing on 2 of sulemana, armstrong, and carlos when we're losing..... have to start these guys as much as possible. No slight on Edozie, but charles, downes, and smallbone in the middle is just way to defensive. Martin only has himself to blame tbh.

2 minutes ago, Soton7 said:

Those blaming Baz give your heads a wobble. How about directing your blame towards Bednarek’s woeful pass who put us in that position.

It would just be nice to have a keeper that digs us out of trouble every so often.  Can’t say he was at fault for either goal but I’d argue he could have done better with both.  I’d expect a competent keeper to have kept at least one of them out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, verlaine1979 said:

We're just not good enough to play this style. It won't come with practice. It all falls apart if you misplace any of the short quick passes, and you can guarantee in almost every passage of possession we'll play at least one ball behind the intended recipient that makes them have to backtrack to retrieve it. It's so easy to get pressure on us because we simply do not have the technical quality to play through it. It's so fucking dumb.

Martins style is concede loads score a few been that at all his clubs ,so nothing will change here .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Soton7 said:

Those blaming Baz give your heads a wobble. How about directing your blame towards Bednarek’s woeful pass who put us in that position.

The manager tells centre halves to pass out from the back, he’s not fucking  Franz Beckenbauer he is going to give it away. Unless Lego head tells him to stand there with his legs apart doing a Katie Price impression, it’s poor goal keeping. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, gammon cheeks said:

Martins style is concede loads score a few been that at all his clubs ,so nothing will change here .

This game is classic Russell Martin.....everything he has done in his non-descript career is playing out in front of our eyes.

• Like 4

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

The manager tells centre halves to pass out from the back, he’s not fucking  Franz Beckenbauer he is going to give it away. Unless Lego head tells him to stand there with his legs apart doing a Katie Price impression, it’s poor goal keeping. 

Keeper beat between the legs, never seen it happen before, never

• Lighthouse changed the title to Preston 2-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic