Preston 2-2 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

1 minute ago, sfc4prem said:

Preston have made it fucking tough this half. Tight marking, close-knit defensive formation, packing the defensive third. Double-pressing quickly. We don't have any keys to unlock them, I'm afraid.

We did! One of those unlikely keys that's on a keyring but nobody knows what they do until they're needed.

5 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Our performance, our lack of, really hasn’t been that different to Hull on Saturday. When people pointed out we were crap then though they got ridiculed for daring to criticise after a last minute winner which just papered over the cracks really.

The reality is we’ve got an average manager with some incredibly average  players, and 6th-12th is as good as it’s going to get for us this season.

I reckon we've had one decent performance all season. Home, first half vs Leeds. The players were then reigned in to play RM ball in second half. They rest had been garbage. The points we've got have been from lucky late winners or equalizers, not really down to our play.

45 minutes of convicting football all season. 

• Like 7

• Lighthouse changed the title to Preston 2-2 Saints - Match Thread

RM getting out of jail again.. fecking terrible performance.. dreadful watch.  RM is a smarmy cunt. Can’t stand the bloke.. shite player in his time and very limited manager. How we’ve amassed as many points as we have amazes me.. we’ve rapid players but play crab football.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Well they know how to get a last minute goal 

fuck me that was shit, got lucky there

All those years we've sat here asking why we never get the late draw or a win. Well, they were saving it all up for it this year. RM has done something right. 

• Confused 1

Obviously not good enough. Too defensive, didn't generate enough decent chances, and the game generally highlighted the lack of quality in the squad as soon as we start making rotations.

SR have a wedge of money burning a hole in their pockets, need to spend a bit of it at least.

Well...that game sums up Russell Martin, and why we will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Patterns of play yet again mean we really are not much of a goal threat, no wonder our forward players look blunt. We constantly play so slowly that we are normally up against 9-10 behind the ball in some sort of set defensive shape. When was the last time we really stretched teams?

The only difference for Martin, he has better players at his disposal compared to Swansea, but he is still a farking fraud of a manager, as we continue to have the (joint) worst defence in the league...

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 6

I said before the game I would be happy with a point if we put in a good performance. We were reasonable defensively and Preston didn't have many chances. But fuck me that was a cowardly performance going forward. We set up with just KWP and Edozie as creative players. And it showed. By the time we got our attacking players on Preston had all their players behind the ball and we didn't know what to do except sling the ball in. Hardly City of the South. 

13 league games into his reign and I don't really see much difference from the first game against Wednesday. I would like to be seeing some shoots of growth. 

• Like 1