Preston 2-2 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

Our performance, our lack of, really hasn’t been that different to Hull on Saturday. When people pointed out we were crap then though they got ridiculed for daring to criticise after a last minute winner which just papered over the cracks really.

The reality is we’ve got an average manager with some incredibly average  players, and 6th-12th is as good as it’s going to get for us this season.

• Like 5

Our best game this season was our first one, since then it's been lucky wins, terrible defending, a midfield that has been dogshit and attackers who should be reported to the trade description authority.

I'm feeling my optimism going down.

I'm betting all on the loch Ness drogba being our saviour.

• Like 1

They got their first by outmuscling us, getting it central for the shot. We get it out and central, but then look to thread a ball through. Not brave or direct enough in the final moments. Commentator said RM has got 1 point back from a losing position, and you can see why. Stu, Fraser and Alcaraz should be capable. But Preston have held us off pretty easily, apart from a couple of scrappy minutes ages ago.

16 minutes ago, Block41 Saint said:

He's been a really disappointing signing imo. The fee we paid for him is massive in this league, he should be dominating it. 

But he’s young and from City. Bound to be the mutts nuts in a year. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

We’ve got players taking shots like that and people think our goalie is the problem.

This is such a weird position to take and is the same as the poster banging on about Che being the fall guy.

They aren't mutually exclusive. Bazunu can be shit whilst simultaneously having shit outfield players.

Ironically I think most of them would be just fine in a proper fucking system. So for me, Martin is the real issue.

• Like 4

Even when we've won this season it's felt lucky. Hull should have scored more before we eventually got the late winner. 

I'm not sure if the players are actually they good. Sure, RM isn't helping but we look poor and rely on luck in almost every game. 

Nothing cohesive about the way we do anything. Just a bunch of individuals. 

Edited by BotleySaint

3 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Our performance, our lack of, really hasn’t been that different to Hull on Saturday. When people pointed out we were crap then though they got ridiculed for daring to criticise after a last minute winner which just papered over the cracks really.

The reality is we’ve got an average manager with some incredibly average  players, and 6th-12th is as good as it’s going to get for us this season.

True this. Two very poor performances.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Preston 2-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic