Preston 2-2 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

24 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

THB got a knock on International duty so as he's not even on the bench, guessing he's not fit to play. What other option is there? Great to see Charles get a start in his proper position. 

He played the full 90 against Hull since then though so this must be something else, hopefully nothing too serious.

Hopefully a few more weeks integration into the squad and tactics will see a different Holgate turn out tonight. He’s going to be needed a lot more this season I’m sure.

Edited by bpsaint
  • Like 1

Blimey! That is an attacking bench! I'm going to wander down the pub and see if they can split the screens and give me a black and white one in a corner, seeing as the main ones will no doubt be showing Sandcastle in the Champions League. If they can't a quick drink and home to look for a stream, so any suggestions welcome.

Not sure I'd bother following with the depressives on here.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, egg said:

Meghoma the only defensive cover. 😳

Never really hit home how imbalanced our squad is before seeing that subs bench. Trying to think of unavailable and I'm only getting THB, Stephens, and.....er.............Manning. Fuck's sake a couple more injuries/suspensions back there and we are utterly fucked.

GK - improving (though I'm still apprehensive)

Def - Worrying - Running at 50% capacity.

Mid - I quite like that, slight lack of creativity but sturdier defensively perhaps.

ATT - See Mid.

It definitely seems like a "score one more than you" scenario tonight.

Another 1-2 to Saints would be fine by me but I'm not underestimating Preston.

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Preston no win in 5, lost 3 of their last 4 conceding 13 on their last 5 games. Perfect time to play us for them 

Looking at our line up I think Martin is banking on them being poor, no chance we keep a clean sheet with that defence 

4 minutes ago, stknowle said:

Never really hit home how imbalanced our squad is before seeing that subs bench. Trying to think of unavailable and I'm only getting THB, Stephens, and.....er.............Manning. Fuck's sake a couple more injuries/suspensions back there and we are utterly fucked.

No depth at all in some positions, assume Kwp left back ? 

I'm not holding out much hope for a clean sheet (not that we do that anyway) but I suppose at the end of the day, if backups like Holgate and Bree can't step in and perform when first team players are unavailable or rested, promotion would be off the table anyway.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Preston vs Saints - Match Thread

Classic - loads of possession, not really threatening, then losing it high and they go straight up other end so quickly and easily and have a chance. How has this not yet been seen as an issue? Happens all the time. Leave so much space. It’s suicidal. 

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Preston 2-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic