Southampton 1-0 Leeds - Saints are Promoted!!

Hopefully they felt they just didn’t need risking Stewart last night and so more ready for the final. Will we see Stu Armstrong back in contention (and Che Adams if heart still in it), Bank Holiday weekend in the smoke, what could go wrong….?

Let the fun begin.

• Like 1

These are the sorts of games a football fan lives for and they don’t come around very often. Our record at Wembley isn’t great though. Need an atmosphere like last night! Fucking come on Saints 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

Hopefully they felt they just didn’t need risking Stewart last night and so more ready for the final. Will we see Stu Armstrong back in contention (and Che Adams if heart still in it), Bank Holiday weekend in the smoke, what could go wrong….?

Let the fun begin.

Stewart is being saved for his 120th minute sub appearance at Wembley so that he can score the winning penalty in the shootout. They can't risk him having any physical contact before then as they know he is as fragile as a Ming vase. Hopefully, he'll only be doing non contact training, practising his penalties. They should put Bazunu in goal for that as he can't run out and trip him up.

Edited by Nordic Saint
  • Like 1

its the first day of our holiday so an early start to watch it somewhere in Mexico.

I suspect quite a few fans will Feeling similar to me this morning, absolutely buzzing from last night but now although I really want us to win next Sunday I also don’t want promotion. 

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, LGTL said:

These are the sorts of games a football fan lives for and they don’t come around very often. Our record at Wembley isn’t great though. Need an atmosphere like last night! Fucking come on Saints 

We do, you know Leeds will have their  end full and standing the whole game , scarves swinging above their heads. Need to meet their MOT with a OWTS , should be electric atmosphere, they'll also get most of the neutral area just by having fans spread around the country, the club Wembley bit pisses me off, most of those are owned by corporate , shouldn't be allowed for games like this. 

Saints did a good job of wipping up the fan base last night (which is why they can't complain too much about fans on the pitch) need to do it again. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

its the first day of our holiday so an early start to watch it somewhere in Mexico.

I suspect quite a few fans will Feeling similar to me this morning, absolutely buzzing from last night but now although I really want us to win next Sunday I also don’t want promotion. 

Thought you'd be coming down on the Leeds bingo buses mate, chance to meet for a shandy, enjoy Mexico 👍

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

It's strange. 

If we win at Wembley it will be brilliant but I know on my long drive back north afterwards I will be not particularly excited about being back in the Premier League. It's the place to be sure sure sure etc etc but also we've been there.

If we lose on Sunday I will be gutted but on the drive home I'll already be thinking about and looking forward to my "home" tie vs Derby and the other local aways I will go to next season......and hoping we finish top six again 😂.

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Yeah same, I'll be in Croatia. Just have to hope they have decent WiFi at the holiday park so I can watch it while my wife and daughter are at the pool.

4 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

It's strange. 

If we win at Wembley it will be brilliant but I know on my long drive back north afterwards I will be not particularly excited about being back in the Premier League. It's the place to be sure sure sure etc etc but also we've been there.

If we lose on Sunday I will be gutted but on the drive home I'll already be thinking about and looking forward to my "home" tie vs Derby and the other local aways I will go to next season......and hoping we finish top six again 😂.

If we do win hopefully we’ll be relegated immediately so we can go up again the follow season 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton v Leeds Playoff Final - Sunday 26th 3pm
  • Lighthouse pinned this topic
2 hours ago, JRM said:

We do, you know Leeds will have their  end full and standing the whole game , scarves swinging above their heads. Need to meet their MOT with a OWTS , should be electric atmosphere, they'll also get most of the neutral area just by having fans spread around the country, the club Wembley bit pisses me off, most of those are owned by corporate , shouldn't be allowed for games like this. 

Saints did a good job of wipping up the fan base last night (which is why they can't complain too much about fans on the pitch) need to do it again. 

Sadly that’s the price that had to be paid in order to get the stadium built. Ironic really. Get a big stadium but a large part of it is reserved for those who helped to pay for it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, scumbag said:

Yep...want to win the game, but not bothered about the prize.  Perhaps relegation followed by promotion on a constant loop would be fun.  

I feel the same but the problem with that is that relegation means losing a lot of games.

Edited by Whitey Grandad
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I feel the same bu5 the problem with that is that relegation means losing a lot of games.

Oh yeah...there is that bit.  Need to give it some more thought evidently.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Are Leeds the designated home team? Changing rooms/ kits worn etc , would rather we were reds rather than the black kit worn up there last game of the season 

27 minutes ago, JRM said:

Are Leeds the designated home team? Changing rooms/ kits worn etc , would rather we were reds rather than the black kit worn up there last game of the season 

Fully expect to be the " poor relations " from everyone on this.

Just now, Charlie Wayman said:

Will the club be running coaches to Wembley form the Southampton area?

Any Park & Ride schemes?

Yeah, they're organising coaches from St Mary's and the other usual pick-up sites

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JRM said:

I imagine a coin toss will take place in the next few days to decide this. Would rather be in our Red and White rather than black so fingers crossed it goes our way.

14 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

I imagine a coin toss will take place in the next few days to decide this. Would rather be in our Red and White rather than black so fingers crossed it goes our way.

There is no good reason I can think of that we can't both wear our home kits. 

• Like 5

Sky last night had the PO final as Leeds v Saints. So I assume that is how the draw from the play offs are worked out. 

We must be the “away” team, already done I guess. Just seems we always are the away team at Wembley, probably away kit it is. 

17 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

This. Surely there's no compulsion for a team to wear their away kit in any games, let alone this one, if there isn't a colour clash?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

We just need to wear red socks (or them blue socks) would be mad for either to wear our away kit.

• Like 1

Looking back, Leeds wore their blue away kit at St Mary’s and obviously we wore black at ER a couple of weeks ago. We wore the same kit at Swansea BUT, they wore their white home kit at SMS, so clearly it’s not against any colour clash regulation. You’d hope for red and white and I can’t see why not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Gifford said:

Sky last night had the PO final as Leeds v Saints. So I assume that is how the draw from the play offs are worked out. 

We must be the “away” team, already done I guess. Just seems we always are the away team at Wembley, probably away kit it is. 

Alphabetical order?

1 hour ago, Saint Gifford said:

Maybe in order of where they finished in the league?

Glad I managed to get my place in the standing area. Should be some atmosphere and good practice for next seasons Northam Wall - indeed it might be considered its first outing in a funny kind of way. 

• Like 3

The reason the championship has been so much fun this year is because we've retained so many great players -- and have won a ton of games. If we fail to go back up, no guarantees that next year will be anything like as good... and we might end the year with prospect of years as an also-ran football club.  Speaking personally, I really really want us to head back to the premier league. We won't win as much, but every game packs a bigger punch... and when we do outperform the overpaid gods of the sport, now that is really sweet.   I think we may also be surprised at how this unlocks the longer-term strategy of Sports Republic, allowing them to bring to the premier league, the best of the players from the rest of their growing network of clubs.  

Be brave!  Our best years are ahead of us....!

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, M271 said:

I think this is it, highest ranking team in home kit. Saints likely to be in the third kit, unless they agree something with the EFL/FA in the next day or so. (if that is even possible)

Edited by CSA96

3 hours ago, M271 said:

More the nature of the draw, think of the old world cup wall charts.

Leeds vs Norwich match 1 and Saints v WBA match 2

So I think if Norwich had won the game would be Norwich vs Saints, winner m1 vs winner m2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

More the nature of the draw, think of the old world cup wall charts.

Leeds vs Norwich match 1 and Saints v WBA match 2

So I think if Norwich had won the game would be Norwich vs Saints, winner m1 vs winner m2.

This has to be the case. 

League 1 playoff final now on - Bolton v Oxford. Bolton played their legs the day before Oxford

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Adams will be fit for this - according to Martin

Che was at the ground last night and I asked him if he would be fit for the final, he nodded and gave me a thumbs up. So Martin looks to be telling the truth this time thankfully.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, scumbag said:

Yep...want to win the game, but not bothered about the prize.  Perhaps relegation followed by promotion on a constant loop would be fun.  

6 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I feel the same but the problem with that is that relegation means losing a lot of games.

New investors spend a billion pounds on the team. We win every match, but get promptly relegated for going so far over the budget?

Highest position in the league are will be the home ‘advantage’. With the kit we can both wear our home kit and I hope that Southampton FC choose this option. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Sadly that’s the price that had to be paid in order to get the stadium built. Ironic really. Get a big stadium but a large part of it is reserved for those who helped to pay for it.

Should have left it as it was, just spruce it up a bit.  Iconic..

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NewYorkSaint said:

I think we may also be surprised at how this unlocks the longer-term strategy of Sports Republic, allowing them to bring to the premier league, the best of the players from the rest of their growing network of clubs.  

“Strategy” and “Sports Republic” don’t belong in the same sentence!

8 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Looking back, Leeds wore their blue away kit at St Mary’s and obviously we wore black at ER a couple of weeks ago. We wore the same kit at Swansea BUT, they wore their white home kit at SMS, so clearly it’s not against any colour clash regulation. You’d hope for red and white and I can’t see why not.

Also, we changed at WBA, but they remained in their home kit last night. That didn’t seem to confuse anyone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saints-til-i-die said:

I pray we get an anti Sunak chant going with the Leeds fans. I hate the thought they think he’s one of us. 

Isn’t Jimmy Saville ‘one of theirs’ ? 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, saints-til-i-die said:

I pray we get an anti Sunak chant going with the Leeds fans. I hate the thought they think he’s one of us. 

A simple chant of "Election Now!" would do me..

• Like 4

11 hours ago, saints-til-i-die said:

Sunak's just a puppet. As soon as he loses the election and is de-throned as Tory leader, I'll happily take him back as one of us. Seems a decent chap aside from his political rhetoric.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, for_heaven's_Saint said:

Doubt it means much but the EFL have got us in home kit on the infographics. image.thumb.png.89d92a150f5cb51ee992d9445823559f.png

As others have said there is no colour clash - you only have to look at this picture. Let both teams play in their home kits.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 1-0 Leeds - Saints are Promoted!!
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic