Dani Osvaldo

whelk

I think we both called this one very very early. Shame as i hoped he would prove me wrong, as im sure you did.

Very expensive mistake and given mopos association and history with Oswaldo, he showed very poor judgement and must shoulder some of the blame for sure. Poor show all round

Quite timely with JayRod missing world cup....if you slate every signing will be right now and again.

Quote alpine " why the f#£k have we signed Rodriguez " about 18 months ago

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I think Wanyama has been a good signing and will get back to his best. Have a sneaky feeling that Ramirez will eventually, after a long long wait come good. Mayuka seems bizzare. If we are stuck with Osvlado, what are we going to do with him ? Sell him off cheap and take a big hit ....?

How is it harsh on Mayuka? He wasn't good enough and has been farmed out on loan. Wanyama maybe but to be honest I expected more for what we paid and on quite a few games he has stood out for the wrong reasons (Fulham away being particularly poor.)

Mayuka went out on loan because we bought Osvaldo :facepalm:

Quite timely with JayRod missing world cup....if you slate every signing will be right now and again.

Quote alpine " why the f#£k have we signed Rodriguez " about 18 months ago

Easy to be smug in hindsight.

Anyway, it wasnt against the player (which you know damn well, but its easy to take a comment out of context to make a lazy convenient dig), it was because Adkins didnt seem to know how to use him.

I am willing to admit when I am wrong. I have been wrong about Lallana, Schneiderlin and J-Rod.

Any comment about your top-6 / Champions League predictions ??? :lol:

I think Dani is in the last chance saloon. One more stupid act of temper & no big club will touch him.

He has the talent, but is not consistant.

If anyone can get something out of him it's MoPo.

I wonder if the players would have him back?

Easy to be smug in hindsight.

Anyway, it wasnt against the player (which you know damn well, but its easy to take a comment out of context to make a lazy convenient dig), it was because Adkins didnt seem to know how to use him.

I am willing to admit when I am wrong. I have been wrong about Lallana, Schneiderlin and J-Rod.

Any comment about your top-6 / Champions League predictions ??? :lol:

pI thought wotte would keep us up.

Since then pretty much right.

Never thought we would be close to champions league although thought refreshing club aim high.

Thought Cortesse would target 6th-8th appears he was talking 4th-6th.

My prediction for this season 8-9th.

Happy clappers = fans = realistic ;)

Genuinely big of you to admit your mistakes. Interesting that those three are three of top players in the most important player thread.

Personally think your views on Ramirez are wrong, completely over the top and racist tones. You haven't seen him play. He hasn't lived up to his man of the match performance against villa but his goals / assists / freekicks won was decent for first season.

This season you insulted him for not playing (neither was Cork) when his fault was form of side - he has looked impressive and made a difference when played this season. Still young and still worth decent money if sold. Maybe worth remembering the three players mentioned?

Now JRod is on the injury table for months is a reconciliation with Ossie out of the question?

Have always said the guy has all the talent in the world but needs to get his head sorted out.

If we could heal the whole affair up could we still get a top quality striker for a lot less than the alternatives, very long shot though I admit.

Juventus are said to have run out of patience with Osvaldo and there's no way they'd pay the €18m Southampton want.

Great :facepalm:

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/southampton-man-fails-on-every-occasion-and-is-causing-trouble-ag

WHY is everybody so surprised at this ??

He went to Juve ON LOAN, with an "option" to buy

The Achilles heel in that sort of arrangement is the word OPTION, which simply means they don't have to buy if they don't want to

Well, they DON'T want to buy, which is the outcome I thought would happen many posts ago

WHY does that come as such a shock to many on here ?

Now JRod is on the injury table for months is a reconciliation with Ossie out of the question?

Have always said the guy has all the talent in the world but needs to get his head sorted out.

If we could heal the whole affair up could we still get a top quality striker for a lot less than the alternatives, very long shot though I admit.

Not a chance. He's done here. Will never play in a Saints shirt again.

Sod pragmatism, he broke the nose of one of a small group of talismanic players who got us from L1 to top ten in the PL.

pI thought wotte would keep us up.

Since then pretty much right.

Never thought we would be close to champions league although thought refreshing club aim high.

Thought Cortesse would target 6th-8th appears he was talking 4th-6th.

My prediction for this season 8-9th.

Happy clappers = fans = realistic ;)

Genuinely big of you to admit your mistakes. Interesting that those three are three of top players in the most important player thread.

Personally think your views on Ramirez are wrong, completely over the top and racist tones. You haven't seen him play. He hasn't lived up to his man of the match performance against villa but his goals / assists / freekicks won was decent for first season.

This season you insulted him for not playing (neither was Cork) when his fault was form of side - he has looked impressive and made a difference when played this season. Still young and still worth decent money if sold. Maybe worth remembering the three players mentioned?

That's a blatent lie.

I was thinking the same. Or even if he does want away, his behaviour is clearly affecting his chances of a move, so maybe knuckle down with us for six months and go in January for a decent price when Jay is ( hopefully) fit again?

• 2 weeks later...

We will be offered 7 mil.. and a player like Quagerelli or whatever his name is:rolleyes:

Maybe Vucinic?

But 10 mil.. sounds about right........hopefully already agreed.:)

Mirko Vucinic

Fabio Quagliarella

But I would prefer Seb Giovinco

Go on then

LlORENTE WOULD BE A CERTAIN DEAL:D

Edited by ottery st mary

I think Wanyama has been a good signing and will get back to his best. Have a sneaky feeling that Ramirez will eventually, after a long long wait come good. Mayuka seems bizzare. If we are stuck with Osvlado, what are we going to do with him ? Sell him off cheap and take a big hit ....?

Ramirez is 50% in to his 4 year contract, at what % of this do you think he will come good? And do you think the remaining time will make him good value?

We want 15, they offer 7. I suspect a deal will be done at around 10.

10 + Quagliarella would be fine, we were apparently looking at Q in March. Would mean no or small loss on the 12.8 we paid. Would not be surprised to see him back though and with good management things could be patched up. Big test of Poch's management skills to re-integrate a player after such an incident. Maybe Freddy could work his motivational skills on Dani.

10 + Quagliarella would be fine, we were apparently looking at Q in March. Would mean no or small loss on the 12.8 we paid. Would not be surprised to see him back though and with good management things could be patched up. Big test of Poch's management skills to re-integrate a player after such an incident. Maybe Freddy could work his motivational skills on Dani.

10m without Quagliarella would be close no to loss I think cause weren´t there a loan fee of £1,5m or something like that when he went to Juve....?

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/11184001.Osvaldo_on_his_way_back_to_Saints_/?ref=ar

Seems to me like just a rumour. I bloody hope it's not true.

Nothing to do with us fans. It is down to the squad. Maybe the players are happy he went away and did some penance and will welcome him back? Maybe they'll torch his motor with him in it the moment he tries to arrive?

Just expect this means Juve don't want him. So IMHO that means let the agents of hell loose to find him a club, at least get his wages off our books and hopefully get SOME of the money back for him.

But of course, maybe Jose misses him?

He can be a good player when he puts a bit of effort in and if he sorted his head out and Fonte agreed to forgive and forget, I'd give him one last chance. If I was the manager I'd get them all together and say it's down to them whether he comes back or not. And yes, I know he's under contract so really we HAVE to take him back but someone will have him on teh cheap or on loan if not.

But maybe that's why I'm not manager

He has the perfect opportunity to get the move he obviously wants. JRod is out for months, so come back, say sorry, get his head down and put himself in the shop window for January when hopefully Jay will be fit again.

I bet be comes back and apologises. With a picture of him on fonte at nandos with all laughs and smiles and the fans will love him after he scores a few goals

Remember puncheon

I have had a feeling for a while that he might do a Puncheon. After all if we can't find a buyer it's in the club's best interest to get him on the pitch.

We either need to off load him asap, make a huge loss and pretend it never happened or he comes back and becomes a half decent striker. He will never be amazing because he's just not. 8-10 goals a season maximum from what I've seen.

Hopefully Juve not wanting him will deflate his ego a bit, making him realise he isn't actually Gods gift to football, nor worth £15m, nor able to play for Europes top teams.

As for it being in the clubs best interest to get him on the pitch, that's only true if he performs to a high enough level. If his average performances this season are anything to do by, its in our best interests to NOT have him on the pitch, nor the wage bill.

Perhaps being turned down by Juvenile will focus his mind and he will buckle down atSMS . That is if the players accept him back

That's probably a typo/autocorrect but Juvenile is spot on

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

How many league goals would he need to score before he would be forgiven? 15?

Four, if they all came in a run of games.

Fans will forgive anyone who scores - it's more about the players and whether he'll be welcomed back into the squad. I very much doubt it.