Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

With so many places to fill, am I the only one who's less bothered about bringing a keeper in at the moment? Can quite easily see Boruc going off the boil if he becomes no.2.

Well, I'm with you. Not really a priority in our current state.

Just a little perspective, where exactly are we compared with the team that finished last season, Who have we lost. Lambert replaced by Pelle, Lallana replaced by Tadic, Shaw, Lovren, Chambers. Chambers was close to Clyne but a backup nonetheless. So we have left back and centre back still to be replaced hardly a meltdown. If we bring in 5/6 good players including a top class goalkeeper we will have a better squad than last year That doesn't look impossible to do especially if we bring in good footballers who know the game.

Just a little perspective, where exactly are we compared with the team that finished last season, Who have we lost. Lambert replaced by Pelle, Lallana replaced by Tadic, Shaw, Lovren, Chambers. Chambers was close to Clyne but a backup nonetheless. So we have left back and centre back still to be replaced hardly a meltdown. If we bring in 5/6 good players including a top class goalkeeper we will have a better squad than last year That doesn't look impossible to do especially if we bring in good footballers who know the game.

Just thinking the same

Not sure I agree. It ignores other teams strengthening their line-ups. A new left back, centre back, right back, and attacker and we might have numbers to say we've replaced shaw, lovren, chambers and covered for Jrod. They still have to play to same very high standard.

Hoping newfound board toughness and clever non panic buys can put us on right track though.

That is a great post.

Good stuff if we can get Rojo, Matt Law is not the sort to write stuff he isn't confident will happen.

Jonathan Biabiany from Parma being linked now by Di Marzio

Would be nice, has unbelievable pace so would offer something different. Have him and Dusan flying down the wings banging them into Pelle in the middle is quite a nice prospect!

I'm guessing Taider was a team mate of Gastons @ Bologna too?

Nice to see us trying to make it homely for him! Hope we actually do make an effort with him this year, felt he was just left to rot under MP.

Another one of those promising young players ruined by a big money move early in their career to bench warm at a bigger club.

What happened to us wanting mainly English players? From a few rumours it seems like that's being scrapped. After all the news of players wanting out, it'd be nice to get a player in that genuinely wants to be here.. Ings please.

Matteo Bonetti ‏@TheCalcioGuy 5m

Latest news from @Gazzetta_it saying that Inter will send either Campagnaro or Taider to Southampton for Pablo Osvaldo, who'll join on loan

Gazetta Dello Sport saying either Taider (as stated by Di Marzio) or Campagnaro (34 y/o CB, was in Italy's world cup squad) will join us as part of Osvaldo loan deal.

Just cannot see Vlaar coming at all. Just using us for a new AVFC contract or to flush out another club. Hope I'm wrong but this one makes no sense for anyone.

"makes no sense to anyone"? I think it makes sense to Saints. An experienced (both in age and premiership) CB (we need CB's) and also a top signing that may convince others that we are serious (even if you do not rate him a WC semi finalist has to seen as a positive sign of intent?). From Vlaar's perspective it's a good pay rise or signing on fee (I assume), an extended contract (which at his age must be a plus) and a chance to work with RK again (I have no idea if that is a positive but will assume for now that it is).

Just cannot see Vlaar coming at all. Just using us for a new AVFC contract or to flush out another club. Hope I'm wrong but this one makes no sense for anyone.

I reckon we'll end up seeing Rojo and Virgil. Think Vlaar, for his age, will end up being a little too expensive. Virgil will be the same price/a little cheaper and has 4-5 years on Vlaar. (potentially his international replacement too). I wouldn't expect the club to go for Vlaar if they feel they can get those two.

If we do end up with Vlaar, it won't be too bad, but will end up being at the end of the window and have scary comparisons with the rushed through Wayne Thomas deal.

Yep, I'm not confident that this bunch of clowns can pull that one over the line, but it would be a good signing.