City Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Still, frightening how many games Gazzaniga/Fox/Hooiveld played last year

Only 3 appearances each for Jos and Fox last season is not too bad. Thinking of the season before perhaps. Gazzaniga only played the number of games he did last season (7) because inconveniently Davis was injured when we lost Boruc.

I definitely think our team is stronger this season than last, but City will be buoyed by their win over Bayern, however it happened. I can't see us getting anything out of this, but we have as good a chance this season as we've ever had. I would have said Arsenal would be too strong for us too but I know they have injury problems. 2 or more points from the next 2 games would be a decent return. Fingers crossed.

I always enjoy a peek at our oppositions forums and reading Bluemoon only serves to illustrate how little knowledge your average football fan actually has of other teams, its not a City thing it is universal. It is a shame that fans of a club like city who truly have suffered hard are now so arrogant. It will be a very tough game and if I had to bet I would tip Saints to shade it.

I always enjoy a peek at our oppositions forums and reading Bluemoon only serves to illustrate how little knowledge your average football fan actually has of other teams

Word, underestimate at your peril, City Bros! I'm quite optimistic, Tevez hasn't scored in ages and I've never particularly rated Mancini as a manager.

SAINTS 2 - 1 CITY

I think cork could do a good job against City in the number 10. Thinking about it I would be happy with any of the 3 , Jack , Victor or morgen playing there

At the away game Cork was for me by far the best player on the pitch that day.

Toure that day in particular had a real strop on when he didn't get a free kick every time he dived after every tackle on him. But for a moment of Fonte madness after 2 minutes, Jay Rod's injury and the most ridiculous Non Offside decision ever in the history of The Premiership we'd have definitely got a result there. It says something when we gave the team a standing ovation at the end of a 4-1 defeat.

Monsieur Merson with his latest...

0160a3f864dd4691d442a669b6dbe2c5.png

A defeat for us on Sunday will have him (and others) sticking to such predictions

We have been flat track bullies so far, like last season.

This will be the first "big club" at home. A draw would be at least what we need

Hopefully City play Jovetic up with Aguero and just Toure and Fernandinho in the middle but I am sure they have learned their lesson on that and will play 3 in the middle against us.

Shhh. Pellegrini reads this site don't you know. You don't want to be giving him tactical advice.

Manuel Pellegrini on Sunday's opponents Southampton: "They are a good team with very good players and they're playing very well. It's no surprise they are where they are.

"Ronald Koeman has lost four or five players but they are still a good team and that's a merit to him. It will be a tough game."

Weird how Saints being second is no surprise now .....it's still a ****ing surprise to me:D

"I hadn't seen them play before"

Good effort Mers. It's only November.

Exactly. Easy to give pundits like him stick, but when his profession is a well paid football pundit, how he's got to the end of November without seeing the league's second place team play I'll never know.

Koeman: "Steven Davis doubtful for the game on Sunday but will train with the group tomorrow and we'll decide after that whether he can be included in the squad"

"Gallagher and JWP need 2 or 3 more weeks to be fully fit"

Edited by trousers

Merson :rolleyes:...another headcase....along with Robbie Savage. He still hasn't got over the fact that MLT is funnier than he is on Sky......

In fairness we were crap against Villa. A bit like the game v WBA earlier in the season when we couldn't break them down and moved the ball too slowly.

In fairness we were crap against Villa. A bit like the game v WBA earlier in the season when we couldn't break them down and moved the ball too slowly.

We weren't crap, we just had no efficiency at the sharp end because Pelle was poor,Long inexistant and Mané wasteful. We need JRod back but it seems to me that his progress is perhaps slower than foreseen.Over 8 months out now and no sign of even late cameo appearances from him. Still he was apparently kicking balls over a month ago so perhaps he isn't too much further off.

Edited by Window Cleaner

We weren't crap, we just had no efficiency at the sharp end because Pelle was poor,Long inexistant and Mané wasteful. We need JRod back but it seems to me that his progress is perhaps slower than foreseen.Over 8 months out now and no sign of even late cameo appearances from him. Still he was apparently kicking balls over a month ago so perhaps he isn't too much further off.
You must have missed the second operation he had recently!

Exactly. Easy to give pundits like him stick, but when his profession is a well paid football pundit, how he's got to the end of November without seeing the league's second place team play I'll never know.

Too busy snorting coke off his bookie's left buttock.

What frustrates me is when fans of other clubs go:

'The two big clubs they have played- Spurs and Liverpool- they have lost'

Well Spurs I can understand, we were poor, and if Mane had scored we well couldve got a point, but we shouldn't be judged on the Liverpool game. That was on the first day of the season, we didn't have Mane or Alderweireld, our new players were adjusting to the Prem and we still should have won, and not to forget Koeman's first game too. Ah well...we'd beat liverpool if we played them now I reckon, especially as their without sturridge.

What frustrates me is when fans of other clubs go:

'The two big clubs they have played- Spurs and Liverpool- they have lost'

Considering both of those sides have been average this season, it makes it even more stupid.

We've played 3 of the good sides this season. West Ham, Swansea and Newcastle. Beaten all 3.

Manuel Pellegrini on Sunday's opponents Southampton: "They are a good team with very good players and they're playing very well. It's no surprise they are where they are.

"Ronald Koeman has lost four or five players but they are still a good team and that's a merit to him. It will be a tough game."

Weird how Saints being second is no surprise now .....it's still a ****ing surprise to me:D

Who are the "four or five players" Koeman has lost?

Do you man mark Aguero, and if so who would be best at that? Toby, Morgan, Vic? If Morgan, then I would be concerned that he has 4 yellows to his name. However, man mark him, maybe disrupt our normal game, and maybe take the eye of other threats.

As an aside, it is interesting to read that Man Utd might be planning to buy Bale for £150m (!!!!!!!) so that Real can buy Aguero.

The thing is we have four really good centre mids (plus JWP and Reed as back up) you can argue which is the best three combo but the reality is we are probably going to have to rotate them over the coming few weeks with so many games. The argument is Jack Cork is the worst of the three but really does anyone say "oh ****" when they see him name on the team sheet? Any combination of Morgan, Victor, Jack or Steven is a ****ing good midfield. Considering how much running our midfield gets through I'd have no problem with players getting a rest on the bench as long as three of those four players are on the pitch.

Jwp isn't seen as back up....cork is getting more game time because JWP is injured. First choices are Wanyama, Davis, Scheiderlin, JWP. Last two managers.

Think Reed and JWP will only get better, Cork's future probably depends on whether others stay.

But as someone else said - have no drop in confidence for a game when hear he is starting, excellent depth to have.

Think maybe player short in more attacking roles - but that could be JayRod soon.

Someone mentioned 2nd op? Thought he just had fluid drained?

Do you man mark Aguero, and if so who would be best at that? Toby, Morgan, Vic? If Morgan, then I would be concerned that he has 4 yellows to his name. However, man mark him, maybe disrupt our normal game, and maybe take the eye of other threats.

As an aside, it is interesting to read that Man Utd might be planning to buy Bale for £150m (!!!!!!!) so that Real can buy Aguero.

We can man-mark him, yes. He spends a lot of time in the box. Toby could probably do a decent job on him. I doubt we will man-mark however, because it opens up too much space for others to drive into. Our aim must be to stop the supply into Aguero. Our full-backs will have a tough game tomorrow (but so too will theirs). I hope Yaya has an off day and allows Morgan and Big Vic to dominate.

I've not looked forward to a game so much in ages. Win and we must be taken very seriously indeed, lose and lots of us will expect it to be the start of a tumble. Pivotal.

COYRAWM

Cannot believe not sold out. Most eagerly anticipated game for many a moon and can't think of what more people could want from a game. Many will see on TV of course but playing Champions in form we are in it is hard to comprehend there is not greater demand for tickets

Cannot believe not sold out. Most eagerly anticipated game for many a moon and can't think of what more people could want from a game. Many will see on TV of course but playing Champions in form we are in it is hard to comprehend there is not greater demand for tickets

As you say, on TV linked with the cost of tickets.