Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

RAFA SILVA SIGNED BY BENFICA?

Rafa Silva, who was crowned champion of Europe with Portugal during the summer, has just signed a five-year deal with Benfica, according to reports in Portugal.

Benfica have reportedly broken the Portuguese transfer record to table a 15 million euros deal for the Braga man, completing the most expensive transfer in Portuguese history.

In addition to the transfer fee, which surpasses the record amount Porto spent for Joao Moutinho's 11 million euro transfer in 2010, Benfica also offered Braga Rui Fonte as part of the deal, according to the newspaper Record.

^ Might have to scratch this one off the list.

You seem pleased Saints fans are frustrated and disapointed. Plus popular opinion is normally wrong. This is a country that voted the Tories in and voted for Brexit. You have the pragmatic knowlegable elite , Crab Lungs, Wash Saint, Guan , CB Fry, myself then you you have the confused, short termist frightened majority. There's a phrase I use in life in general (especially at work) "would you want these people in the trenches with me " . I think I was the first person to use the term bedwetters on this forum too. I remember when the popular opinion on here was Micheal (lets go Wilde) was the saviour of the club and a few of us were kicking at popular opinion on here. Funnily enough a lot of the afore-mentioned posters.We were right.

I fail to see why anybody would want to be in the trenches with you. You are a bell-end.

You seem pleased Saints fans are frustrated and disapointed. Plus popular opinion is normally wrong. This is a country that voted the Tories in and voted for Brexit. You have the pragmatic knowlegable elite , Crab Lungs, Wash Saint, Guan , CB Fry, myself then you you have the confused, short termist frightened majority. There's a phrase I use in life in general (especially at work) "would you want these people in the trenches with me " . I think I was the first person to use the term bedwetters on this forum too. I remember when the popular opinion on here was Micheal (lets go Wilde) was the saviour of the club and a few of us were kicking at popular opinion on here. Funnily enough a lot of the afore-mentioned posters.We were right.

Since 2001 the Dalek has had the courage to peak its mind. The Dalek has had the courage to tell it as it is. The Dalek is Supreme.

I don't think it's a case of why can't we spend zillions, which makes it sound as if fans are crying out for the club to splash the cash just for the sake of it.

The bottom line is that I think most on here would agree when I say we need to strengthen in a couple of areas. Considering our net spend this window I don't think it's unrealistic to expect another couple of decent attacking options, and when our manager is quoted as saying that he's happy with the squad it makes you start to worry about the season ahead.

If Long gets injured or gets burnt out due to the quantity of games, then we are left with Austin (questionable recent history with injuries and apparently unsuited to our new formation), JRod (hasn't played a full game since Potch was our manager and has showed little of his previous capability since), and Redmond (never previously played as a striker). For a team wanting a cup run, Europa run, and top ten finish, I'd say we're a long way from that.

A new striker and Mane replacement could solve all of that and judging by our typical incoming transfer fee's we'd still probably be the only PL club to break even.

It's a simple solution most people can see, and with our defence and midfield the way it is, we could end up having another great season!

We don't fight in trenches anymore mate. That was 100 years ago. A lot has changed since then.

And even then I find that analogy interesting as it doesn't matter who was in there with you as you would still be mown down on the orders of some idiot that you would follow blindly.

A West Ham fan at work has just approached me and told me he's bet on Southampton as his dark horse to finish in the top 5 this season. "Liverpool are the only one's you need to worry about" he said!

I was just reading all the whinging and whining posts on here so it looks like a West Ham fan is more positive about us than most of the Saints fans on here.

Admittedly he's absolutely barking for thinking we'll finish 5th but it's nice to hear something positive about our club after reading this thread!

A West Ham fan at work has just approached me and told me he's bet on Southampton as his dark horse to finish in the top 5 this season. "Liverpool are the only one's you need to worry about" he said!

I was just reading all the whinging and whining posts on here so it looks like a West Ham fan is more positive about us than most of the Saints fans on here.

Admittedly he's absolutely barking for thinking we'll finish 5th but it's nice to hear something positive about our club after reading this thread!

There is plenty to be positive about overall but do you expect this thread to be overly positive considering it's about summer transfer targets and there is really not much to discuss on that front, hasn't been for a while now...except some cryptic info on super secret deals being done?

There is plenty to be positive about overall but do you expect this thread to be overly positive considering it's about summer transfer targets and there is really not much to discuss on that front, hasn't been for a while now...except some cryptic info on super secret deals being done?

I don't expect it to be overly positive but blimey, some of the doom merchants on here are beyond belief. I appreciate there are plenty of WUMs about but people do seem rather more despondent than is good for them.

West Ham is actually one stop short of Barking

I thank you..

First time i have ever had to use toilet paper on my monitor, i tired but it was just so thick i couldnt see through it

Or... Why were we so quick to let Mane and Pelle go whilst not having a replacement in by the start of the season? Regardless of how much we spend doing it.

My thoughts exactly . Some on here boast about how well run Saints are yet leaving signings to the last possible moment doesn't seem to clever to me . Saints are happy to risk dropping points with a weakened team .

The sales were planned yet the replacements were not .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly . Some on here boast about how well run Saints are yet leaving signings to the last possible moment doesn't seem to clever to me . Saints are happy to risk dropping points with a weakened team .

It is more likely that the targets we were after we have either failed to land, or we cannot land until the end of the window, as was the case with VVD last season, where we had to wait for the qualifying rounds to finish.

I'd be surprised if there are any trenches down the Docks at Noshers Alley, to be honest.

Do you honestly believe that the club deliberately leave signing players to the last moment?

Did we have to sell our players so quickly?

Don't really see the point on holding on to Mane and Pelle, apart to stop a bit of moaning on this forum.

If we'd held on to them and sold them on deadline day there'd be effing hell to pay on here.

Did we have to sell our players so quickly?

For what reason would you wish to keep them until the end of the window? So we can continue to pay their wages for a few weeks more? Maybe so they could be disruptive around the training ground? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

For what reason would you wish to keep them until the end of the window? So we can continue to pay their wages for a few weeks more? Maybe so they could be disruptive around the training ground? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

what if they are not disruptive?