Transfers (rumours) thread

Glasgow_Saint

Ah the silliness is ramping up, under the supposed FFP rules, that seem to have been on the agenda for years, English homegrown players are fetching a mind boggling premium ticket price.

http://www.givemesport.com/439769-chelsea-ahead-of-man-united-as-favourites-to-sign-50m-midfielder

Crazy stuff especially as with a price tag like that the agent is going to screw down a good wage for his player north of £100k per week.

Ah the silliness is ramping up, under the supposed FFP rules, that seem to have been on the agenda for years, English homegrown players are fetching a mind boggling premium ticket price.

http://www.givemesport.com/439769-chelsea-ahead-of-man-united-as-favourites-to-sign-50m-midfielder

Crazy stuff especially as with a price tag like that the agent is going to screw down a good wage for his player north of £100k per week.

I think it's more a question of Barkley's ability than the fact that he's a home grown player. Chelsea,Citeh and to some extent Arsenal are proving that you can easily do away with your 8 home-grown players most of the time. You recruit 17 excellent foreign senior players, throw in a couple of HGs and fill out with non HG U21s .

I don't think Lukaku would particularly want to join us so it would be better to take a load of cash and find a great player who would like to join.

Having said that, I don't think Shaw or Lallana will be sold.

I could well see Lukaku being used as a trading chip for Barkley, lack of European football at SMS will hold us back when we're trying to sign that category of player.

I could well see Lukaku being used as a trading chip for Barkley, lack of European football at SMS will hold us back when we're trying to sign that category of player.

I think this is exactly what will happen, Lukaku and 10m for Barkley. I think Everton will fall short of Champs League though and that is what Lukaku wants. I can imagine Belgium having a blinding world cup and Champs League teams coming in for him though. Why Chelsea won't play him God only knows.

We shall see about Lukaku, he'll be Belgium's number 1 front man for the WC now and if he does well Chelsea will get plenty of offers.

Everton are in pole position to sign him. And they want him. If he had come on loan to us ... we would likely be in pole. The silver lining to this, Lukaku apart, is that Saints have garnered admiring glances and comments this season, and I can see other clubs wanting to send peripheral players out on loan to US. However, not sure we want to bring in loans. Our philosophy is to grow our own.

Interesting combination Shaw and Bale down the left, on paper a pretty effective force especially as they could both cover for each other marauding down the left.

Real Madrid's left hand side, made by Southampton. How mental does that sound.

We need a new keeper

Agreed - I've been harping on about this since the window of January 2012, it was too risky to expect KD to make the jump to Premiership (despite some thinking him a candidate for an international call up !!!). Gazzaniga was a hopeful punt on the back of what at the time was considered a bold bid for Jack Butland. Boluc has been a good signing but prone to occasional 'moments'.

Oh for another Niemi in his prime.

Edited by Badger

Agreed - I've been harping on about this since the window of January 2012, it was too risky to expect KD to make the jump to Premiership (despite some thinking him a candidate for an international call up !!!). Gazzaniga was a hopeful punt on the back of what at the time was considered a bold bid for Jack Butland. Boluc has been a good signing but prone has a occasional 'moments'.

Oh for another Niemi in his prime.

Butland looks another lucky escape though. Shows young keepers are always a gamble

Butland looks another lucky escape though. Shows young keepers are always a gamble

Yes, strange how it works. Although I suspect we might have 'handled' him differently to Stoke, but no idea how it might have turned out.

Reckon a replacement and alternative to Jay has just got a little more urgent, we have absolutely no impact in attack without him. Don't think we'll be seeing him again this calender year if I'm honest, the silence is deafening.

Reckon a replacement and alternative to Jay has just got a little more urgent, we have absolutely no impact in attack without him. Don't think we'll be seeing him again this calender year if I'm honest, the silence is deafening.

You may be right, although hope not, but I remember similar being said of both Lovren and Ramirez after Sunderland.

With the right training Redmond can go on to become a good player, so yes please. Hughton is a poor manager, if Norwich stay up it will be through sheer luck - with the money he splashed out in the summer, he's massively underachieving. Crap tactics too, largely relying on the talents of each individual player and set piece goals. Redmond is suffering there. With Guly and Osvaldo leaving in the summer, the squad will look light in attack, and an addition like Redmond could be a good bit of business.

Big time. Need to get Osvaldo offloaded before the WC starts if we can although easier said than done with his track record and probable wages. This might help free up funds to get a couple of strikers in IF the ACL scenario which sees Jay missing most of 2014 unfolds.

Priority areas in the summer after sorting out the managerial situation one way or another are strikers, GK and CB. Can't see that other areas of the squad need immediate investment so 4 players max, 3 if as we hope Jay is out for a shorter time, should be sufficient.

Mirror saying Schneiderlin wanted by United.

So next season they will have Morgan, Shaw, Lallana, Reed and Lovren according to the Mirror.

All a part of their master plan to finish higher than 7th next season, buy all the players from the team in 8th.

Most of the teams that will be going down have decent keepers that would be good backup for Boruc, maybe even challenge him, and would be deserving of more Premier League football:

Fulham - Stockdale

Cardiff - Marshall

Swansea - Vorm

West Brom - Foster/Myhill (neither brilliant but better than KD/Gazza)

Sunderland - Mannone (been excellent this season)

Villa - Guzan

Palace - Speroni

Personally, I think it'll be Fulham, Norwich and Cardiff going down - Stockdale or Marshall would be excellent additions. I'd pass on Ruddy though.

Mirror saying Schneiderlin wanted by United.

So next season they will have Morgan, Shaw, Lallana, Reed and Lovren according to the Mirror.

At various points they have been looking at Morgan, Shaw, Lallana, Reed and Lovren according to the Mirror. I'm sure plenty of clubs have.

Why oh why do football fans keep misreading transfer stories as declarations that moves will go through?

I'd take Sketelenburg or however you spell that from Fulham on the keepers front. (igsey) cannot for the life of me work out how to reply to said comment as its ma birthday and i have been out for a long ass time! but yah! Stekelenburg would be laaaaaaaaaavely!

Mwah! xxx

In terms of a new centre back, if Cardiff go down that looks likely what about Chaulker? Fits the bill of the type of player saints go for, young, English. Think his price will be too OTT though due to what they paid for him