Page 2258 of 2261 FirstFirst ... 1258175821582208224822562257225822592260 ... LastLast
Results 112,851 to 112,900 of 113047

Thread: Pompey Takeover Saga

It is.

Blog Entries

It will continue to be so.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saints foreva View Post
    https://youtu.be/5YILBUcguQc

State of these ****s.

I only caught up with this the day of the match.

Even allowing for football rivalry that is quite sad and shocking, from the obese bints to the gap tooth **** quoting "blue is colour, Pompey is our name ..." Christ, the land that time forgot; adopting a 1970's Chelsea anthem, is it still in the charts down there ?

Best of all though:

Paraphrasing: I hate "scummers because they're scum " , Q: Why are they scum ? ... "cos they are; they're dirty, filthy..." Pure playground level stuff.
    Because they stole our food - that's a new one. Where the f^^^ does that come from?
    And my favourite: Pompey all think they're Imbred for some reason.

Most of the players embarrassed by it, s if a Yes might scupper a chance of joining a club they could only dream of playing for.

Club Secretary 'supporter of the year' - churning out the dock strike myth. Simpleton of the Year award.

Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    Well the older bloke at least had it right.
    Sadly the nonsense of the dockers strike still is carried on.
    Perhas someone should write a letter to the News and set things straight.
    Westwood was right (although seemed drunk)rivalry is good as long as it doesn't go too far. As for the tickets for the FA cup semi final lol, and they took 40kfor the JPT perhaps that needs sorting as well
    Yes, old bloke came across well, credit to him for his good sense.

Westwood was surprisingly sensible and fairly measured in his response, albeit with a misuse of selective stats Didn't we take 45,000 to the JPT ? And overlooking the Puel-Pellegrino effect for the SF.

But there are clearly deep rooted social problems when Westwood appears the voice of reason.

Sadly we might find a few to rival some of them on a matchday, but they do seem to have a high %.
    Last edited by Badger; 26-09-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Well according to the map in this BBC article most of Portsmouth and a large part of Southampton have deprived areas.
    It only seems to be mainly based but not completely on financial reasons. I must admit I was a bit surprised at the extent
    of the problem but then I haven't lived in the U.K. for quite a long time, only gone back for holidays.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-49812519

I remember in the old days when you could bring up a list of who had posted in this thread and how many posts
    they had made. Is this still possible only I have forgotten how to do it? ( old age is a b*tch )

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saint in Paradise View Post
    I remember in the old days when you could bring up a list of who had posted in this thread and how many posts
    they had made. Is this still possible only I have forgotten how to do it? ( old age is a b*tch )
    Just go back to the lounge and tap/click on 112,855 (or whatever the number of replies is at). Trousers has nearly 7000 posts in this thread alone!

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    Just go back to the lounge and tap/click on 112,855 (or whatever the number of replies is at). Trousers has nearly 7000 posts in this thread alone!
    Lol
    The twa t that is corporate ho has 356
    Miss his utter crap for comedy reasons

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    Cripes. That's almost 2 posts per day on average. That trousers nutter is obsessed!

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    What a moment as a saints fan, scoring a goal and celebrating at the Fratton End. He lived the dream, right there!

Quality from Ings last night!
    There;s also a guy to his left showing some red and white. Think that might be the disabled area with enablers. Bit difficult to run away I imagine!

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Cripes. That's almost 2 posts per day on average. That trousers nutter is obsessed!
    Only one today. You're slipping Lord T. We expect at least 3 tomorrow.

11. Default

Interesting that Ronan Curtis has slated the skates fans on twitter today: "...could have done with the 12th man today"

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    Interesting that Ronan Curtis has slated the skates fans on twitter today: "...could have done with the 12th man today"
    Cameras weren't there.

Presumably they forgot to turn the 12th man up to 11 today.

14. Default

Worked the game today. Bolton fans in decent voice, couple renditions of OWTS.

The famous atmosphere they lapped up after Tuesday was completely missing today.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post

The famous atmosphere they lapped up after Tuesday was completely missing today.
    quelle surprise...........

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post

perhaps the piped atmosphere was not switched on

Bestest fans in the world have just started to realise they’re actually very average. A quick search on twitter shows there are many that are using the word ‘myth’ regarding their atmosphere. Some rare refreshing honesty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eujzk100Kwk

Now that a week has passed since the Skates were humbled by their mortal enemies in their own backyard, there have been a few You Tube vids surfacing from the Blue Few.

Here is a vid from a skates fan who is remarkably prescient in what he calls himself on his YouTube video blogs - fournilwrittenalloverit!

Naturally he had his fair share of Saints fans taking the **** about that, but also a few compliments about him and the way that he presented it. Some skates are simply just misguided, rather than being knuckle-draggers.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eujzk100Kwk

Now that a week has passed since the Skates were humbled by their mortal enemies in their own backyard, there have been a few You Tube vids surfacing from the Blue Few.

Here is a vid from a skates fan who is remarkably prescient in what he calls himself on his YouTube video blogs - fournilwrittenalloverit!

Naturally he had his fair share of Saints fans taking the **** about that, but also a few compliments about him and the way that he presented it. Some skates are simply just misguided, rather than being knuckle-draggers.
    If you have ever watched Inbetweeners you will see a similarity to Simon, a right weak minded fool, you have him there presenting a Pompey show. As for the car journey at the start, pleeeeease

Don't forget, Eisner intends them to be a global brand within ten years.
    While Barcelona, Liverpool, Real, Bayern and Juventus are quaking in their boots, I'll tell Mr Eisner four nothing, that from what we witnessed last Tuesday, his project has a little way to go.

Bump! this nearly fell of the perch, can’t have that.

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gingeletiss View Post
    Theres Nothing four us to talk about

Someone needs to post - there's no point in having a thread four nothing.

24. Default

I used to be able to see Thornhill from my bedroom window.

Now I've moved, I've only seen it when I went to Fatpipes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rallyboy View Post
    Someone needs to post - there's no point in having a thread four nothing.
    I used to think you were smart. Now I just think you are lysdexlic.

I was there when Pancake went mad. 15/04/2010.

Full time.

0-0.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

John Marquis showing once again why they paid 2 million quid for him.

Wonderful quote from the News. (I'm not sure if it is a very clever idiom, or a less than clever idiot);

"Luke Ellis

We are going backwards. It’s more boring than watching dried paint dry."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ooh it's a corner View Post
    Wonderful quote from the News. (I'm not sure if it is a very clever idiom, or a less than clever idiot);

"Luke Ellis

We are going backwards. It’s more boring than watching dried paint dry."
    He is smart, he meant to say "it's like watching wet paint dry backwards....wibble"

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Looking like another superb season of abject mediocrity in the third division. Splendid and tremendous.

31. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Looking like another superb season of abject mediocrity in the third division. Splendid and tremendous.
    What's great is them buying strikers for two million pounds in the summer and then not getting anywhere near promotion is all accounted for in their business plan and definitely won't lead to any sustainability issues later on down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingeletiss View Post
    Lord Trousers must be on holiday. His postings per day is starting to slip, so he has some work to do when he gets back.

He's currently undercover on Portsea, gathering info four comedic use - recording booing and counting teeth.
    His cover was nearly blown when he was selling lucky heather in Frogmore Road on Saturday - he fourgot to cross his eyes and they spotted his wire.
    Fourtunately one of his fellow students from horse-punching classes was there to vouch for him and they dismissed the recorder as witchcraft.
    There have been worries that he's in too deep and gone rogue...he's bought himself a bell, started to ignore invoices and refuses to wash.
    It might be time to try and bring him back.

He's currently undercover on Portsea, gathering info four comedic use - recording booing and counting teeth.
    His cover was nearly blown when he was selling lucky heather in Frogmore Road on Saturday - he fourgot to cross his eyes and they spotted his wire.
    Fourtunately one of his fellow students from horse-punching classes was there to vouch for him and they dismissed the recorder as witchcraft.
    There have been worries that he's in too deep and gone rogue...he's bought himself a bell, started to ignore invoices and refuses to wash.

36. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    Jesus, I thought he looked half decent for them against us and was relatively impressed, didn't realise they paid twice as much as we did for Sir Rickie. What an atrocious waste of money for that level - entire promotion winning teams have been built with much less.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    Wow! Is that two seasons worth of transfer budget blown on one player, and not a very good one at that. He’s a league one/two clogger.

38. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Munster View Post
    Lord Trousers must be on holiday. His postings per day is starting to slip, so he has some work to do when he gets back.
    Time to handover to the next generation. I'm getting too old for this laughing at Pompey malarkey. That said, maybe the thread should be mothballed for now as seeing them languishing in the 3rd tier of English football forever isn't much fun. Would rather see them promoted to the Championship from where they can enact 'Project Overspend', in the true spirit of the previous football club that played at Fratton Park prior to 2012. Now that would give this thread a much needed injection of the chortle factor.

39. Default

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Time to handover to the next generation. I'm getting too old for this laughing at Pompey malarkey. That said, maybe the thread should be mothballed for now as seeing them languishing in the 3rd tier of English football forever isn't much fun. Would rather see them promoted to the Championship from where they can enact 'Project Overspend', in the true spirit of the previous football club that played at Fratton Park prior to 2012. Now that would give this thread a much needed injection of the chortle factor.
    It will be better 'project overspend' in L1, L2, Southern League

Seriously? Project "world domination" in the 3rd tier isn't funny enough for you?

41. Default

Disney is floodinq them with so much cash that they are having to sell off the crown jewels.
    Last edited by Chez; 18-10-2019 at 10:28 PM.

42. Default

And there was Trousers thinking there wasn't much opportunity for laughing at them anymore!

43. Default

the antique no self respecting fan could be without.

I was there when Pancake went mad. 15/04/2010.

Are those real? How odd...

45. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    the antique no self respecting fan could be without.
    An original door key from the Titanic made about 80k so this might be a fantastic investment once they hit the iceberg

****ing hell! Hahaha.

Blog Entries

Oh look, late winner for AFC Wimbledon.

48. Default

And Wimbledon have been crp this season and were in bottom 3. Hurts to lose points to a relegation rival

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a

I'll be surprised if Jackett survives that tbh

Are they a global force yet