Calum Chambers - Done Deal - Official

washsaint

Jack Cork's Crazy Dad on Twitter:

"Whatever next..."

Doesnt seem a happy camp for the likes of Cork, Fonte etc.

Maybe just go the whole hog and get rid of all the Cortese lads?

Maybe he is listening to an Oasis album.

I must admit I thought Clyne would go this season. His international chances were hampered by Chambers playing last year. If RK thinks Clyne suits his system better than Chambers, then so be it I guess.

Don't think we were a million miles away from Everton's level, and they came very close last season. Could have at least got to that Spurs/Everton point just below the top 4 without breaking the bank. The board could have outlined a sensible plan to the players about how they were going to continue to try and push forward. Think most would have been inclined to stay longer had the club sold it to them that they were at least going to have a crack at the top 6 this season. Doesn't appear they even tried.

We weren't far from anyone's level until we had to play the dross because we had no other options available. that is the root cause of all of the problems, we lacked the proverbial ha'porth of tar and spoilt the ship for want of it. I just can't quite understand why so many refuse to see this. Our position wasn't unresolvable last New Year, we just needed a little effort, a keeper and a CB, KL refused to fund it and the wheels fell off. P*sses me off no end. I am convinced that the players queuing up to leave see it this way as well.

If this is true how the **** can everyone buy our players so quickly and we take ages to replace them. My only hope is all our new players are still on their world cup holidays :lol:

Easy, the ones we sell want to leave, the ones we want to buy (mostly) don't want to come and be part of this crock of sh1t.

Imo clyne much better RB than chambers. Don't get me wrong chambers is a talent but it was always going to come to a head. Both are too good to play second fiddle. Although can't see chambers playing anymore at arsenal. for me clyne's pace makes him my preferred choice. In isolation 12-16m for chambers is great business but it's the message this sends out that is the concern. Until we replace each departure with decent players it will look like we are asset stripping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been pretty optimistic about this season despite the departures but this one is most worrying due to the message it would appear to send out. I can understand the 'stars' leaving, but I don't know why but the selling of a squad player (albeit for decent money) just worries me that bit more. It just means the squad is getting thinner and thinner. Desperately need to hear some good news and a significant signing very soon! Please!

Imo clyne much better RB than chambers. Don't get me wrong chambers is a talent but it was always going to come to a head. Both are too good to play second fiddle. Although can't see chambers playing anymore at arsenal. for me clyne's pace makes him my preferred choice. In isolation 12-16m for chambers is great business but it's the message this sends out that is the concern. Until we replace each departure with decent players it will look like we are asset stripping.

So what do we do when Clyne loses form or gets injured - its a squad game not first eleven. Never believe a word that lying git Reed or the club say again. I accepted the others reluctantly but Chambers is one too far - dont blame Jay or anyone leaving now wait until Jose goes next week but its ok we have the money and time...so when does that run out and you have to compete with team of strangers...this is footballs global delivery - cheap options maximise profit and bugger off.

Enough's enough FFS.

No matter how anyone tries to justify or dress this up... We're being decimated and crucially the spirit and momentum will be affected.

Football is about many things and confidence and spirit are crucial. Koeman has a tough job on IMO.

I hope these happy-clappers are right and we secure our targets.. Can't imagine us competing for anything other than bottom 6 places otherwise...

Shame, a crying bloody shame.

Now being reported the fee for Chambers is £11m + £4m add ons. That is scandalously low for a player I think will be another Bale.

I have been vocal in my support for the new board but Chambers leaving has seriously dented my confidence in their integrity and ability.

Jesus, why is having strength in depth in one position an issue that is going to 'come to a head'? Doesn't seem to be an issue at Arsenal does it where Chambers will almost certainly be playing second fiddle to Debuchy?

Looks like Arsenal admire his versatility as well and might play him at CB. Gosh we could do with some CB's ourselves, given that Lovren is off. If it is such a big issue having two decent right backs how about we switch Chambers to compete for CB role and save ourselves taking a punt on some cheap foreign option? Why are we willingly putting ourselves in a position where we have to gamble on talent rather than rely on what is under our very noses? Such a farce.

Now being reported the fee for Chambers is £11m + £4m add ons. That is scandalously low for a player I think will be another Bale.

I have been vocal in my support for the new board but Chambers leaving has seriously dented my confidence in their integrity and ability.

Seriously thought he might turn out to be a more complete player than Shaw. He's intelligent and composed, real captaincy potential in him. We've just relented to the first bid for no apparent reason.

He'd be worth a fortune in a season or two. Don't the board look at the fee Spurs got for Bale and think what could be if only they showed some nerve and held on for a bit longer?

I have a huge respect for Calum Chambers. He is a class player already with an enormous potential. Over night I remembered two figures were being quoted. 7 million and 16 million.

Could Wenger have offered 7 million with a years loan back or alternatively, a straight 16 million for Chambers to leave outright?

What is all wrong is that the lad will be worth double the 16 million in a years time and be able to command terms to better those of Luke Shaw.

Seriously thought he might turn out to be a more complete player than Shaw. He's intelligent and composed, real captaincy potential in him. We've just relented to the first bid for no apparent reason.

He'd be worth a fortune in a season or two. Don't the board look at the fee Spurs got for Bale and think what could be if only they showed some nerve and held on for a bit longer?

Once again it depends on circumstances, even young players have contractual clauses nowadays which enable them to dictate their terms on certain matters.

The ease with which Chambers appears to be leaving (if reports are correct) tells me that he had some sort of get out clause in his 2013 contract. In fact so many of our players contracts seem to date back to early 2013 when we weren't doing all that well so they could contain future behaviour clauses. It would kind of explain why despite all of our foot stamping and screaming until we're sick the players leave without the offers being significantly increased. Now take Shaw, Corky and VFFT have always maintained that he'd leave for 27.5 million£ and that goes way way back. OK Chelsea didn't buy him but Utd did and for the same sum. Says to me that somewhere in his contract 27 milion was a

key to his departure.

While it's worrying seeing so many leave at once... we just got 16m for our second best right back

I do not care about money right now, money is a fantastic argument for selling 1 or 2 players a year, it is a ridiculous one after that unless we desperately need it. Can you see us spending the 16million? What use is the money if it is not going into the squad at all?

While it's worrying seeing so many leave at once... we just got 16m for our second best right back

why is he our 2nd best right back?

he played 20+ times last season in his debut season at 18 years old

there wasa real chance he could progress like shaw and really cement that spot as his own

We are falling apart -and there are a lot of angry season ticket holders who feel they have been duped. Will there be more than 4/5 of last season's team left? is this just asset striping by KL? It is a disgrace.

We're not falling apart, we're being taken apart. Woman probably wants to take her money back and let us get on with what's left. That's OK by me, just needs to make it plain and

let us be.

Why are people so obsessed with what players cost, rather than how good these players are? Lukaku looks like following a decent loan season with a transfer.

I am not obsessed with cost, I do not like the loan system, we will not be able to use these players against Arsenal and next season we will be in exactly the same terrible position as we were before. I would also like to see some money reinvested frankly as this is ridiculous.

Jack Cork's Crazy Dad on Twitter:

"Whatever next..."

Doesnt seem a happy camp for the likes of Cork, Fonte etc.

Maybe just go the whole hog and get rid of all the Cortese lads?

I'm starting to think this is whats happening.

Lovren, Spiderman, Clyne, Rodriguez, Chambers the whole f****** lot of them could go. We'll get in circa £125m and spend circa £70m

Training ground totally paid off, outstanding Osvaldo, Ramirez money paid off and the club would financially be in a very strong position.

We'd finish 14th instead of 8th, Koeman strengthens us again next season and we get to 9th and then we sell 4 players and do it all over again.

Why are people so obsessed with what players cost, rather than how good these players are? Lukaku looks like following a decent loan season with a transfer.

Lukaku played well for Everton, he also cost them a loan fee in the region of 5 million £ plus a heavy salary. A year on they still don't have a striker worth the name. Chelsea on the other hand now have a player with an elevated reputation built on the back of someone else's money. Pity he was so wonk at the WC because they're having difficulty cashing in on that, Mou doesn't fancy him obviously.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Loans can be extremely beneficial, and if we were to have a player as successful as Lukaku, it'd be even better to have a 'buy' option at the end. For some reason I don't think that would be likely with these two signings.

If in the space of 3 months we went from finishing 8th in the Premier League to then being a club that relied on other clubs to provide talent for us on loan which we then develop for no long-term benefit of our club I'd be raging.

If in the space of 3 months we went from finishing 8th in the Premier League to then being a club that relied on other clubs to provide talent for us on loan which we then develop for no long-term benefit of our club I'd be raging.

I guess the only consolation is that we wouldn't be hoping to compete with the parent clubs anyway. I'd be raging if we were taking loan players from midtable clubs.

Full disclosure - I wasn't told about this. Whether that means it's a new development (unlikely) or something we were hoping to prevent, I am not sure.

Seriously wondering how we intend to keep Morgan now. Would have to capture all of our targets early next week!

Full disclosure - I wasn't told about this. Whether that means it's a new development (unlikely) or something we were hoping to prevent, I am not sure.

Seriously wondering how we intend to keep Morgan now. Would have to capture all of our targets early next week!

Please provide some positive news.

Is Rojo a possibility?

Speaking of incomings are the club making any progress?

Really need some positive news!

Do people inside the club know how much of a joke they are making us?

So it now appears Chambers Loveren Morgan and even Jay Rod are available what happened to Reeds promises?

Also with Shaw Chambers and Adam leaving what does this say to the likes of Ward Prowse, Isgrove, Targett etc other than "get into the 1st team play 20 or so matches and move on"!

It appears even our plan to bring on develop and form a team with at least 5 or more academy graduates is coming to fruition much earlier and we will field a conveyer belt of young untried players hoping to attract expensive suitors as opposed to gradually developing players for our first team!

Is that what Reed meant when he said we don't need to sell, have significant transfer monies and we are kicking on? Probably when he said there are many players wishing to play for us he meant our series of yet untried and inexperienced academy graduates. If not why have non of these series of great players wanting to join us appeared yet, as the only players who have joined us since his statement have been those identified by Koeman after he arrived and as such are extremely unlikely to have been on the long list of our scouting team that Reed referred to. Why would any good player join us now when it is obvious to all outsiders, all here, are trying to get away.

From all I can see to date our plan appears to be not that different from that that previously failed with Lowe and his Dutch experiment. .

There has never been a club in the premiership that wasn't relegated and had its settled squad devastated in terms of players leaving and wanting away to the extent ours seems to be.

The board are totally responsible for what is happening at our club and cannot blame anyone else, unfortunately to date they appear to be very naïve inexperienced and have lost the plot. Is it a wonder Mopo left if he knew what this seasons plans were I am beginning to have much more respect for him if he left because he knew his team and hard work was about to be dismantled and it now makes sense when he say Spurs are a bigger club as they would never allow what seems to be happening at Saints to happen.

I really hope Koeman can pull a team of foreign mercenaries and untried academy players together capable of keeping us up because surely that has to be our only target now!

Edited by Saint Without a Halo

I'm starting to think this is whats happening.

Lovren, Spiderman, Clyne, Rodriguez, Chambers the whole f****** lot of them could go. We'll get in circa £125m and spend circa £70m

Training ground totally paid off, outstanding Osvaldo, Ramirez money paid off and the club would financially be in a very strong position.

We'd finish 14th instead of 8th, Koeman strengthens us again next season and we get to 9th and then we sell 4 players and do it all over again.

Do you really believe with whats going on we can finish 14th! the club has no spirit left. Koeman has one hell of a job here I guess he is being well paid for it!

The thing that hurts most is not the individual losses, if it were one or two good players a season then so be it, but that our pride in developing and enjoying , our own team from the academy has gone and we will now be no different to many other lower league clubs making do with foreign mercenaries none of the big boys want or those wanting to use us briefly to showcase their talent and any youngsters we can showcase in between, all in an effort to stay up and keep getting the TV money.

Our experiment to try and be different appears to be well and truly ended.

I'm not one for a meltdown but there's only one way the club is going at this rate. The squad is now paper thin and we need 6 or 7 of Prem quality to come in which isn't going to happen by making derisory bids. Majorly ****ed off.

We seem to have mastered the art of selling + getting big fees, but seem to struggle to sign players.

Its getting a bit desperate now and clubs will smell our desperation a mile off.

Clubs know we have cash, they also know we are desperate for players. That puts us in a weak negotiating position and will test our stubbornness and resolve.

Need some of those Dominos that the monk promised and FAST

Guan, do you ever get the feeling that you are being played?

My feelings in a nutshell.