Messages of Support Only...

Guided Missile

...enough is enough.

I have read the threads and participated in many, but I am currently in that region called schadenfreude overload. You see, for the majority of the 125 years that our great club has been founded, we supported our club first and then any other club in Hampshire second (PS. I am still of the opinion that Bournemouth is in Hampshire).

Now, recognising that our nickname is derived from the Christian organisation upon which our club was based and still further is the foundation which attracted the owner with whom we are currently blessed, I have a request for all the like minded Saints supporters that post on this excellent website. The "Pompey Takeover Thread" has been like a road to Damascus for me. I, like St. Paul, started that journey, intent on persecuting the Portsmouth fans and their club. Also, like him, I have seen that blinding light and realised that I am a football fan first and a Saints fan second.

That revelation, that we all have something in common with the football fans, living in the same county as us, has inspired this thread. They need our support, whether it is simply to state that we are with them in their hour of need, or to unite with them, so that they can salvage something from the wreckage that was their club. I hope that the true Saints amongst us will find the spirit to post some small message of support for these fans, a throwback to the days of our fathers and grandfathers, who would travel to Fratton when Saints were playing away, to cheer for our Hampshire cousins. I would also like to think that our owner could think of some way to help their fans and their club. What a fantastic gesture that would be.

To Portsmouth and their fans, the home of our great navy and a city that suffered greatly, like Southampton, during the war, I would like to pledge my support during this difficult time for them and ask that like minded Saints fans post a message in the same spirit.

The people, united, will never be divided...

Nah. Hope they die.

This. GM, I know you like controversy, but really?

Living in borderland between SO and PO, and working in Portsmouth, I get involved in a lot of banter/debate with Skates. They wish/wished the worse for us, I have no problem in returning the favour. I hope PFC is wiped from the face of the earth.

Nice try, but no thanks. They (collectively) deserve all they get. You can't claim to be the bestest fans in the world ™ and selectively choose which times you support your club. The true fans will follow them through the good and the bad....and the mismanagement, terrible performances etc. And they'll do it rain or shine, home or 300 miles away.

And when it goes wrong, they'll blame the right people, not the rulemakers. :p

Living in borderland between SO and PO, and working in Portsmouth, I get involved in a lot of banter/debate with Skates. They wish/wished the worse for us, I have no problem in returning the favour. I hope PFC is wiped from the face of the earth.

haha its like israel and the palestinians reading the posts on here - its all really stupid but there will never be peace.

human beings eh?...

Fear is the path of the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering...beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side... easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will...

Fear is the path of the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering...beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side... easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will...

Everyone knows that Vader was the cool one. Luke Skywalker was a drip.

Separate the past owners/managers/players/hangers on etc. from the ordinary fans for a second. I know plenty of Pompey fans and most of them are just like us. Good blokes wanting the best for their club and are blameless in this sh !t storm. Many collecting money they can't afford, for the charities that suffered at the hands of outsiders.

I hope they get out of this so that one day we can live in harmony...

...like we did once.

I hate Pompey....but I don't want them out of existence as it's much more fun to watch them suffer their decline, and I'm looking forward to us going past them in the leagues through our footballing ability rather than their financial mismanagement!

Separate the past owners/managers/players/hangers on etc. from the ordinary fans for a second. I know plenty of Pompey fans and most of them are just like us. Good blokes wanting the best for their club and are blameless in this sh !t storm. Many collecting money they can't afford, for the charities that suffered at the hands of outsiders.

I hope they get out of this so that one day we can live in harmony...

...like we did once.

The force is weak with this one.

What a jolly good idea, I suggest for the final home game ever Saints fan goes along wearing the proud colours of Portsmouth, boos Saints to the rafters hurling abuse at all and sundry and singing "Play up Poopy" in the process. Then kick off with a few fights just to make it really realistic and at the final whistle ( or even before) invade the pitch and demolish SMS.

What a jolly good idea, I suggest for the final home game ever Saints fan goes along wearing the proud colours of Portsmouth, boos Saints to the rafters hurling abuse at all and sundry and singing "Play up Poopy" in the process. Then kick off with a few fights just to make it really realistic and at the final whistle ( or even before) invade the pitch and demolish SMS.

We should invite TCWTB along too. Make him feel nice at home in the Northam.

I've bought my bell already, if we all get one imagine the press reaction.

This. Multiplied considerably. I came close to tears from the texts and FB messages I got from my old "friends" and "colleagues" from my time working down there. People I thought were like us, working blokes wanting the best for their team. I had tenners waved in my face by one of their "life season ticket holders".............

**** em. **** the lot of em. Evil (in)breed, that lot.

We should invite TCWTB along too. Make him feel nice at home in the Northam.

I've bought my bell already, if we all get one imagine the press reaction.

Ah, the bells, the bells. One of my favourite poems :D

Hear the tolling of the bells

Iron Bells!

What a world of solemn thought their monody compels!

In the silence of the night,

How we shiver with affright

At the melancholy menace of their tone!

For every sound that floats

From the rust within their throats

Is a groan.

And the people - ah, the people

They that dwell up in the steeple,

All Alone

And who, tolling, tolling, tolling,

In that muffled monotone,

Feel a glory in so rolling

On the human heart a stone

They are neither man nor woman

They are neither brute nor human

They are Ghouls:

And their king it is who tolls;

And he rolls, rolls, rolls,

Rolls

A paean from the bells!

And his merry bosom swells

With the paean of the bells!

And he dances, and he yells;

Keeping time, time, time,

In a sort of Runic rhyme,

To the paean of the bells

Of the bells:

In a sort of Runic rhyme,

To the throbbing of the bells

Of the bells, bells, bells

To the sobbing of the bells;

As he knells, knells, knells,

In a happy Runic rhyme,

To the rolling of the bells

Of the bells, bells, bells:

To the tolling of the bells,

Of the bells, bells, bells, bells

Bells, bells, bells

To the moaning and the groaning of the bells.

...enough is enough.

This would be the same Guided Missile who started a thread voicing contempt for Saints fans who live outside the UK. Perhaps before bringing fans of all colours together to sing "Kum By Ya" and "Ebony and Ivory", you could start by not being a **** to fans of your own club. Just a thought.

When he realises he's a person first and an Englishman second, expect something similar about ex-pats.

:D :p :D ......... coffee on screen moment ;).

The "Pompey Takeover Thread" has been like a road to Damascus for me. I, like St. Paul, started that journey, intent on persecuting the Portsmouth fans and their club. Also, like him, I have seen that blinding light and realised that I am a football fan first and a Saints fan second'

I think you'll find that you are in the minority about that on here. Along the lines of The Saints V Country debate. Most of us would rather see us get promoted via the play offs (still possible :rolleyes:) rather than England win The World Cup .... but what else would you expect from an expat :cool:

I most certainly do not want Portsmyth to go out of existence ..... but another relegation season next season would be a satisfactory outcome for me. Anything less than a 17 - 25 point deduction and transfer / loan embargo would be a slap in the face to the likes of Bomo and Luton. Painful for those who truly do love supporting them, but at least they would still have a club to follow. It's not been a stroll in the park following Saints over the last few years whilst they've had their days in the sun (obtained by cheating the system of course) but knowing how close we came to going out of existence, I couldn't wish that upon even them. Imagine being denied the pleasure of seeing the results in the future on a Saturday afternoon and seeing that Skatesmuff had just lost 5-0 at home to Aldershot .... why deny yourself that pleasure :D

Is it just me or does the OP remind me of Jack Nickolson's speech to the Martian Ambassador in the Whitehouse bunker.

Why can't we all just get along, Earth & Mars, Us & the Skates.

Followed by the rapid insertion of a large metal object that raises the Saints Flag over his dead body

I work in Bandit Country. None of 'them' I actually work with has said a word, but what they do say gets repeated to me. They will not discuss their current crisis with me because I start to reveal all the information from our Saga Thread and they then just try and shout it down. One, just one, Saint among all those Skates and they have no bottle. You can actually see the dislike and envy from behind their eyes. I'm sure that if I had encountered a few of them outside of work I would have been battered within an inch of my life.

Give them our sympathy?

Bugger off GM.

Rather than just going pop, I'd prefer them to dribble down the leagues and slip ignominiously from it, thus giving us years of pleasure and laughter. But really I think the OP might have been a piiss take.

This would be the same Guided Missile who started a thread voicing contempt for Saints fans who live outside the UK. Perhaps before bringing fans of all colours together to sing "Kum By Ya" and "Ebony and Ivory", you could start by not being a **** to fans of your own club. Just a thought.

hehehehehe

Seems to me that PFC gives Saints fans an added perspective on our own football. For years we were the top club in league position and we expect to be again, but you can't be top if there isn't a No.2. Fans enjoyed the local derby in the cup, but you can't have local derbies if there's no other local team.

Sorry to say that people who allow sporting rivalry to degenerate into 'hate' say more about their own inadequacies than they do about their hate object. I'd rather have people like that supporting my rival than supporting my team. Just a shame we can't be choosers.

The thread is a troll to see who bites, but nobody has.

But I say put up or shut up, GM. I eagerly await seeing your imaginative fund-raising initiatives for them, publicised in the Echo under your real name.

So come on, John. Prove that it isn't all hot air and do something positive to ease their pain.

Personally, I'm in the camp that believes that the best way to ease their pain is to put them out of their misery and terminate them as a club in this current form.

...enough is enough.

I have read the threads and participated in many, but I am currently in that region called schadenfreude overload. You see, for the majority of the 125 years that our great club has been founded, we supported our club first and then any other club in Hampshire second (PS. I am still of the opinion that Bournemouth is in Hampshire).

well you lost that arguement 40 years ago when the local Govt. authorities " moved " B'mouth into the jurisdiction of Dorset.

To Portsmouth and their fans, the home of our great navy and a city that suffered greatly, like Southampton, during the war, I would like to pledge my support during this difficult time for them and ask that like minded Saints fans post a message in the same spirit.

However back to your original post. Rather like the Hartlepool monkey hangers who'd never seen a Fenchman, I've never met a Pompey fan (no seriously) ..I suppose they do exist :confused: but those I have seen on various cable TV matches don't impress me at all for courtesy or sportsmanship.

Having suffered the pangs and arrows of outrageous ....administration (sorry different author) ..I really do not wish that club any real harm, but like St.Paul we may desire to be forgiving towards their fans ..whilst they still relish the thought of giving us forty lashes...it's not always easy to turn the other cheek.

IMHO I don't wish them ill - not really, especially as they may well incur extra points penalty (as did Luton) for some of their dodgy transfer deals, and just as long as they don't beat us at any time in the future.

Let's not resurrect that terrible fans revenge on unsuspecting players who are unfortunate enough to play for BOTH clubs at some point in their career. Aside from those slight reservations ..I'm with you in spirit !

You can sh*g them for all I care. I just wish we'd stop feckin' singing about them, constantly every match.

25 minutes before they got a mention on Saturday, I was quite impressed by that.

And to be fair, singing the "going/gone down" song isn't getting old.

Oh, and I wish all of the good, upstanding citizens of Portsmouth all the best in getting the football club they deserve. As it seems the other 199,998 already have.

...enough is enough.

Now, recognising that our nickname is derived from the Christian organisation upon which our club was based and still further is the foundation which attracted the owner with whom we are currently blessed, I have a request for all the like minded Saints supporters that post on this excellent website. The "Pompey Takeover Thread" has been like a road to Damascus for me. I, like St. Paul, started that journey, intent on persecuting the Portsmouth fans and their club. Also, like him, I have seen that blinding light and realised that I am a football fan first and a Saints fan second.

That revelation, that we all have something in common with the football fans, living in the same county as us, has inspired this thread. They need our support, whether it is simply to state that we are with them in their hour of need, or to unite with them, so that they can salvage something from the wreckage that was their club. I hope that the true Saints amongst us will find the spirit to post some small message of support for these fans, a throwback to the days of our fathers and grandfathers, who would travel to Fratton when Saints were playing away, to cheer for our Hampshire cousins. I would also like to think that our owner could think of some way to help their fans and their club. What a fantastic gesture that would be.

**** ,you are