The Luke Shaw Rumour thread

Saint Garrett

When Chelski got Bridger' date=' we received a transfer fee + Le Saux. Le Saux's wages were pretty much paid by Chelski. (Maybe I remember incorrectly - can anybody confirm?) Perhaps we could see a similar deal - - - Shaw goes to Chelski and Cole comes here with part of his salary still paid by Chelski?[/quote']

Personally can't see cole wanting to play for Southampton somehow, sure he'd claim we're beneath him.

When Chelski got Bridger' date=' we received a transfer fee + Le Saux. Le Saux's wages were pretty much paid by Chelski. (Maybe I remember incorrectly - can anybody confirm?) Perhaps we could see a similar deal - - - Shaw goes to Chelski and Cole comes here with part of his salary still paid by Chelski?[/quote']

Do you really think like that? Oh dear! What gives you pleasure apart from masochism?

Intersting that the fee is creeping up all the time.

A month or so ago it was £10 miil.....or was it £12 mill?

...and where do they get those figures from anyway. Do they ask Chelsea / Spurs how much they'd be willing to pay ..and then leak the story,?

'cos I'm pretty sure that Nicola Cortese isn't the sort of person to twitter to other club chairman and start an auction ......:lol:......ah......do I hear £18 million anyone.?.

Spurs will point to how Bale has flourished since leaving the south coast for White Hart Lane in a bid to persuade the teenager to join them

Conveniently ignoring the first few years where he was in and out of the team, considered a jinx and almost sold to Birmingham.

The worst case scenario seems to be that Shaw AND Clyne would both depart in the summer (heaven forbid)....so it's down to Staplewood lads and look at the likely replacements.....

Calum Chambers played at RB and scored for his England Under (whatever it was) side last week, and many seem to be enthused with the performances of Matt Targett who is a leftsided defender.

• 3 weeks later...
Probably referring to the fact this time a couple of years ago he was a school boy and in the academy and now he starts week in week out in the premier league. I think your reading into it too much.

I didn't read anything into it... just idly posting it on a football forum.

Sorry, but I have no idea what Twitter really does. Is this a reply or what? I clicked on this and that and all I can see is that he went to Nando's and they ran out of some chicken stuff (which I must say is most fascinating!).

my source tells me he is booked in for a sex change in Bangkok - more info and pics to follow.

will he still be able to play premier leagues post op tokyos? It seems a grey area, do transexuals play in mens leagues or ladies leagues yo?

Sue?

will he still be able to play premier leagues post op tokyos? It seems a grey area, do transexuals play in mens leagues or ladies leagues yo?

Sue?

He has already been having the hormone treatment on his bum bear. The breasts will pop through soon and when they do, he is off to Bangkok. To answer your question, yes he can play but he won't be as good. Case in point, Fernanda Torres.

• 1 month later...
The club has a clear philosophy to build a young team of predominantly English players that is capable of competing in the top half of the Premier League. We bought the likes of Clyne, Rodriguez and Ramirez in the summer for a reason, and have extended Schneiderlin and Lallana's contracts on long term basis for the same reason. We will not be selling Shaw any time soon, unless someone comes along and offers silly money, in excess of £20m. Cortese will be well aware that he will be worth more than that by the time he reaches his 20's too.

I would truly hope that you've hit the nail smack on the head. If not, then we'll know Cortese's words are all a pipe dream with no substance to them.

Do you honestly see Ashley Cole argubly the Worlds best left back coming to Southampton on a swop deal with a very promising 17 year old left back?

How much will we get in this deal?

However how much thats the best deal ever done in football.

Edited by Barry Sanchez

Southampton and the fans should protest most vigorously about these Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea rumours. Why isn't Shaw linked with Man U, Man City and Liverpool. Are our players only good enough for London sides?

Most Sotonians think Londoners have the best and most successful football teams.......................

O-C made no secret of the fact that he wanted out as soon as he made the first team. He was never a Saint in heart or spirit just a money grubbing glory hunter.

I like oxo and think there's more to come from him, but the Arsenal are not getting the most out at the moment. He really should have waited another season. The regular match to match experience of the championship would have brought him along a lot quicker than his progress in a significantly less number of Arsenal appearances. (at least as far as i'm aware.)

When is he 18? Until he signs on the dotted line there is still a danger he could walk. I'm sure that Luke is a level headed lad it's the parents that worry me.

Until he is 18 the Parents/Guardians have durisdiction/responsibilty of a 'minor' in Law. A verbal agreement is binding in honour only. When Luke actually signs the Contract then he has the responsibility,as do the Club (his employer) to act reasonably in all the circumstances.