The Luke Shaw Rumour thread

Saint Garrett

He has committed himself to Southampton, the only way he will not be here is if NC decides to sell him.

He said in January his future was here, nothing will have changed that, we haven't been relegated.

The sooner we get to 12 July and he signs that contract the better and people on here can relax about it, just like they have about Morgan......... ;)

http://www.fanatix.com/news/arsenal-and-inter-milan-face-race-to-sign-of-french-midfielder/119668/ Now it's Morgan.

I'm not normally a pessimist, but we face an important summer of trying to stop the big boys from buying our best players. Shaw, Morgan, Clyne, Cork, JRod, Lambert and Lallana could all be courted by somebody, with perhaps Morgan and Luke being the most sought after. Some people say that we're not a selling club, but aren't we?

I for one will get sick of the press speculation over the next couple of months, especially as Luke has to wait until mid-July to sign his contract. Who do YOU think we'll realistically have to sell, if anyone?

Edited by SNSUN

He has to stay. We play decent football. He is allowed to get forward

We are on the up and he is out no.1 in that position.

I'm sure he will leave in the future but for the next few years, he is best with us

As much as I want to keep Shaw, I still hope we sign a left back as good, if not better, than Luke, to provide solid competition. (Clyne likewise with a right back.) It's a long season as we've seen, and both Luke and Nate have picked up niggling injuries at times, especially Luke. Tell him he's first choice, let him sign the contract, then go out and bring in a top left back. :twisted:

Another couple of articles by bloggers insisting that Chelski have the upper hand in the race to sign him, ahead of Arsenal and Spurs. And then the idiot bloggers suggest that £10 million should be enough, not even considering the basic laws of supply and demand which suggest that if all three of those clubs wanted him, the price would be inflated upwards. Cretins.

And naturally these idiots don't know enough about us to realise that our ownership and ambitions do not necessitate the sale of players we wish to keep. If we had a player worth £10 million or £15 million or whatever, we would probably need to spend that amount to replace him. And why would we do that when we already have him here? Of course we could spend that money on two or three players costing lesser amounts, but would the sum of the parts add up to what the likes of Shaw brings to the team now and in the future?

Would love to keep him but I certainly wouldn't begrudge him the move. As one of our previous managers said, "I'd walk over broken glass" to play for my club.

At least it'd free up the Luke Shaw/Theo chant for Pochettino... "...na-na-na-na, 'Tinoooo"

Where are we legally with luke. Can he flick us the bird, sign for Chelsea and leave us to fight it out in the tribunal?

I thought he was already signed on a youth contract. He is contracted, but can sign a full professional contract when he's 18. Or I might just have dreamed it.

:)

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport

#saintsfc Pochettino 2nite - asked by @SimonPeach about Shaw-to-Chelsea reports, said maybe CFC should worry about him buying their players!

Mata or Ivanovich would be good signings, wouldnt mind Lukaku either.

Chelsea fans, generally, don't have a clue about much though.

Don't know whwere you've got that from...

"£10m for a 17 yr old, why wouldn't soton sell, for a middle table club left back is an easy area for them to fill. Get someone from Championship for say 2m gives them 8m to strengthen their squad."

Another one said £10m was too steep.

"£10m for a 17 yr old, why wouldn't soton sell, for a middle table club left back is an easy area for them to fill. Get someone from Championship for say 2m gives them 8m to strengthen their squad."

Like Fox?

Don't know whwere you've got that from...

Another one said £10m was too steep.

Some people on here! look what Bale is worth now, and still a youngster, and we got what? Bridge, Walcott, AOC. Why give our youngsters away for what amounts to a pittance in today's market, only for their value to triple even quadruple a few years later.

I'm surprised at some of the Chelsea fans comments on their forum. Basically quite a few saying that £10m is ok, others saying that its steep.

He's 17, English, and just had an amazing first season in the Prem. I don't think Cortese would entertain anything less than £20m. He would look pretty stupid if he let Shaw go for less than that, especially after everything he's said.

I'm pretty certain he won't be going anywhere anyway, but he is an incredible talent, and he will more than likely go to a bigger club one day.

Some extremely naïve posters on this thread. Ahead of any players coming in for next season, our biggest task is holding onto the ones we've got.

Whatever Shaw says now or in the past, if Chelsea make a 15 million, 60k a week bid and he wants to go, he will and I imagine his father will be the first person to assure him it's for the best. That's nothing against his Dad, its just what any good Dad would do.

Regardless of the Liebherr money, we are still a selling club. Not quite to the extent of previous years, but ultimately if one of the top four or five clubs want one of our players and the players want to go - They will. Cortese's job at that point is to get the best deal he can and I think we are all fairly confident, in his abilities to do that.

We will lose at least one player, who we would want to keep, this coming transfer window.

I'm afraid I have to disagree. It's not naivety but trust in the vision of our Chairman. The only player I could see possibly leave is MS - only because he is French and Wenger might tap him up. Luke would be mad to leave at this stage of his development; he can always go to Chelsea if he wants when he is the ripe old age of 21/22 and can make it in their side. Why would he want 60k for sitting doing nothing? He's a young lad who obviously loves playing football. He may well be on 15K in July anyway, which I'm sure he will be more than happy with.

Some extremely naïve posters on this thread. Ahead of any players coming in for next season, our biggest task is holding onto the ones we've got.

Whatever Shaw says now or in the past, if Chelsea make a 15 million, 60k a week bid and he wants to go, he will and I imagine his father will be the first person to assure him it's for the best. That's nothing against his Dad, its just what any good Dad would do.

Regardless of the Liebherr money, we are still a selling club. Not quite to the extent of previous years, but ultimately if one of the top four or five clubs want one of our players and the players want to go - They will. Cortese's job at that point is to get the best deal he can and I think we are all fairly confident, in his abilities to do that.

We will lose at least one player, who we would want to keep, this coming transfer window.

He'll be on 20k a week. I believe his parents have been paid a retainer and the family he stays with here in Southampton have agreed with the club to look after him for another year.

As I've said twice before, he's not going anywhere.

I'm afraid I have to disagree. It's not naivety but trust in the vision of our Chairman. The only player I could see possibly leave is MS - only because he is French and Wenger might tap him up. Luke would be mad to leave at this stage of his development; he can always go to Chelsea if he wants when he is the ripe old age of 21/22 and can make it in their side. Why would he want 60k for sitting doing nothing? He's a young lad who obviously loves playing football. He may well be on 15K in July anyway, which I'm sure he will be more than happy with.

I don't doubt the vision of our Chairman - He had the same vision when Arsenal signed Chamberlain. That's not a dig at him at all, simply an example of the dynamics of football.

Shaw will sign a contract of us, I am sure of that - That protects him and allows the club to get a decent fee for him, but to quote your example if you think a four fold payrise and the chance to play for Mourihno, his childhood team, challenge for the title and play Champions league football, wouldn't be enough to convince him to move your mad.

As sad as it is, a 60k a week 5 year deal is over 15 million quid and being on the bench won't be a big issue.

:)

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport

#saintsfc Pochettino 2nite - asked by @SimonPeach about Shaw-to-Chelsea reports, said maybe CFC should worry about him buying their players!

Let's go for David Luiz, what an asset he would be!