Saints 0 Liverpool 3 match reaction

Glasgow_Saint

Cup has cost us big style. Players not bothered and our season will fade. They have nothing really to get themselves up for apart from maybe the players looking to go to Brazil. Let's hope with the players that will leave in the summer we don't do a Fulham or WBA

Shyte

Shaw ok

Fonte and lovren bad

Rodriguez awful

Lambert should not be going to Brazil. Awful awful awful

Lallana very good should have scored

Chambers our best player

Embarrassing that Rodriguez and lambert might actually go to the World Cup on that form

We need wanyama back in the side. We simply let in too many goals with him out

Too many missed chances yet again. Had anything gone in during that first half then it might have been different.

Second half we really didn't create much at all. Gaston looked good for 5 minutes but then spent the rest of the half giving the ball away.

Looks like the season is going to drift away now. Not even a cup to aim for.

The game was a perfect example of the good things about our team and the not so good things. Overall the performance was above average but playing well and losing 3-0 is an issue for me. Get the goal we deserved in the first half and the complexion of the game changes but it is easy to say that. We are incredibly wasteful - to the point where I would suggest it is the biggest weakness we've got. It's a decent weakness to have as they go, but it is really starting to frustrate me. Poor finishing, heavy touches, hesitancy - how much longer must it go on before we suggest it is an inherent issue with our players rather than something to do with confidence or form? When we get some momentum the game comes easier to us, but when we play in tight matches the players are too anxious. It needs to be addresses as mentality is a huge part of the game at this level. We keep going and working hard but at choice moments we rarely get it right.

I have no issues with the bigger picture but if we are starting to hit the limits of what some players can do for us we need to decide whether to stick or twist in some cases.

Beaten by a very good side. Played very well until their second goal but that knocked the stuffing out of us. Missed chance after chance and punished by some clinical finishing and also some sloppy defending.

The slit wristers have already started. We played very well for an awful lot of the game. The difference was exactly what i said it would be in the build up match thread, Liverpool take their chances and do not!....If you can take away the dissapointment of losing and look at it coldly you will see we have a very exciting team that will only get better. I'm not down after that performance.

Beaten by a very good side. Played very well until their second goal but that knocked the stuffing out of us. Missed chance after chance and punished by some clinical finishing and also some sloppy defending.

We miss chance after chance every week, I just cannot understand why Lambert gets a game, it's like playing with 10 men every week.

Well played Luke Shaw & Adam Lallana. Those two really stood out today - especially Shaw.

Pochettino has a job picking up the lads after 3 straight defeats. I still maintain that the FA Cup game up at Sunderland was a big factor to our recent poor form.

We had 57% possession of the game today... but we just can't find the target. Liverpool looked exactly what they are : title contenders.

We need that early season confidence & belief we had back - and soon - starting next week at Palace.

Lol, should have seen that one coming. Just needs Barry now for the most predictable post since Glasgow starting the thread.

Until 2-0 they were all doing well, Ramirez was bright enough. At 2-0, they were all appalling. Wouldn't single out a single player post-2-0, just a team completely giving up. If you're going to rate any players based on that last 30 minutes, we'll need 11 new signings.

Do you actually have an adult response to what I said - that the bite, the press and Lallana effectively disappeared when Ramirez came on?

Do you actually have an adult response to what I said - that the bite, the press and Lallana effectively disappeared when Ramirez came on?

Don't agree with you at all. Effort dropped to zero after the second goal went in, which was the result not of ineffective pressing, but a basic error by Lovren. Ramirez was wasteful in the last 20 minutes, but he made plenty of challenges throughout the second half and seemed to contribute as much to the fabled press as David did in the first half, with the major difference being that while Ramirez performance was a combination of good and bad (I wont bother to articulate the proportions) David was just bad.

The perfect summary - we lack that killer instinct, we need a top draw striker next season. Thought we played well and Liverpool hit us on the break.

Mid table non European sides have difficulty in signing top drawer strikers, they sometimes only get ones who don't really want to be there. We'll have to look for one with a rape case hanging over him I expect.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I really f***ing hate Luis Suarez, the cheating, diving little c**t. But therein is the difference. Give him a chance like the one he took for 1-0 and nine times out of ten he will stick it away, whereas J-Rod will nine times out of ten pass it straight at the keeper.

If Lambert was to come alive it would have been today against the club he supports and infront of Roy, he flopped as per! Ramirez must be thinking what he has to do to start above Davis

Disappointed and confused. There must be something wrong with our tactics if, week after week, we dominate possession and don't get the result. Too many long balls, lambert and j rod poor ... But what I really don't understand is what we did tactically with lallana and Ramirez. Lallana was superb in the number 10 role first half, so we moved him to left wing second. Why? And gaston was very effective for 5-10 mins after half time in the number 10 role than spent the rest of the game on the right wing, why?

Lovren looked rusty, but playing against the best 2 strikers in the league was never going to be an easy return. Chambers looked class, shaw ok, but elsewhere we just weren't quite at it. But how did we lose 3-0? Simple answer is that we are not good enough in front of goal. For all his good play, lallana can't finish, and we need to improve on j rod and lambert if we really hope to move up the league.

Slightly unlucky with the first but we were well on top in the first half, should have scored at least one.

Tired in the second and struggled as the game got more stretched. We simply have to take chances when we are on top, it's hard to press and chase the game at the same time.

Only lost our last 2 in the league and plenty of points still to come I'm sure.

That was a f**king embarrassment.

We can play all the wonderful football we like but if we can't ****ing score what is he point? Chance after f**king chance....every week...same sh*t. No bite at all.

Still, at least all our key players had a good rest for that meaningless cup game up in Sunderland...now we can look forward to 9th.

We have a good young side. A lot of positives in the way we play but a way to go to be breaking into the top 6. Liverpool are a way ahead at the moment and totally deserved there win today.

Good luck to them but exciting times ahead for us I have no doubt.............

We have a good young side. A lot of positives in the way we play but a way to go to be breaking into the top 6. Liverpool are a way ahead at the moment and totally deserved there win today.

Good luck to them but exciting times ahead for us I have no doubt.............

Not on that showing.

They are a better side than us, and more clinical. Disappointed, but not too downbeat. What worries me is other than the front three we have no goals in the side. I know its a system we play, but Cork, Morgan, Wanyama and Davis simply don't carry enough of a goal threat between them

Poor 2nd half

Best team won

4 wins from 18 not good enough

You talk such crap.. why not give it a rest.. its getting very boring

Yes, Liverpool won... simply because they have offensive players we cannot yet afford... if we could take chances in the 1st half it would have been a different result

sometimes you have to swallow your pride and play to the opponents weaknesses , which in Liverpool's case is their defensive record.Really thought Lambert should have been pushed on against their back 4 rather than Jay Rod.

Lambert was in a sort of hole type role which Gerrard completely stifled.

Sometimes today we passed for passing sake whereas Liverpool passed to hurt us and were not ashamed to go long into the channels and then get up to support their front 2.

I am disappointed because i really thought we would get at their back 4, victory for me was Rogers over MP in tactics