Commentary Phil Neville

9-3

Some poor sucker at the BBC obviously thought "That Gary Neville on Sky is good, i wish we had him.....oh wait a minute, he's got a brother....I know...." :)

Anyone who struggled to stay up that late to watch England would not have been helped by his "you are feeling sleepy" commentary !

I'm not missing Lawro one little bit.

If you like cliche, cliche, cliche, cliche, cliche, cliche, cliche cliche, cliche,cliche...........zzzzzzzz

And you think the BBC commentary was boring?!

Actually I quite liked the BBC's deadpan observations. The BBC tried to let the game speak for itself fairly well without ITV's over the top, cringely irritating 'listen to me, i'm the witty Lawro the Great with more of my clever cliche's.

If you like cliche, cliche, cliche, cliche, cliche, cliche, cliche cliche, cliche,cliche...........zzzzzzzz

And you think the BBC commentary was boring?!

Actually I quite liked the BBC's deadpan observations. The BBC tried to let the game speak for itself fairly well without ITV's over the top, cringely irritating 'listen to me, i'm the witty Lawro the Great with more of my clever cliche's.

Lawro works for BBC.

"The BBC recognise that the near continuous droning noise experienced during last night's England match caused annoyance and discomfort to many viewers. We are examining the possibility of filtering the noise from future broadcasts."

BBC World Cup broadcast team, 2010

Strange really as I listened to him on the radio the other night and thought he came across well, can't say I noticed him last night. I guess I am so use to be sitting at SMS with some bellend spouting complete cobblers within earshot for 80 of 90 minutes, I guess my clap-trap-chit-chat filter must be getting quite refined.

On the plus side, Rio Ferdinand has been brilliant.

BBC much better than that amateur sh*t on ITV.

I like ITV's amateurism -Wrighty dancing with the Argies. Hoddle/Poyet are also more insightful than any of the pundits on the Beeb. But the general quality is more consistent on the Beeb.

Rather than a new thread............Jonathan Pearce is probably the best so far (even dragging along Keown). What I really hate is when commentators feel they have to say something rather than have a quiet period. When that happens, invariably they speak complete bullocks. Pearce tends to speak a lot lot less bullocks than most.

Rather than a new thread............Jonathan Pearce is probably the best so far (even dragging along Keown). What I really hate is when commentators feel they have to say something rather than have a quiet period. When that happens, invariably they speak complete bullocks. Pearce tends to speak a lot lot less bullocks than most.

You're joking?

Pearce is unbelievably annoying. Managed to make Martin Keown sound intelligent tonight.