liverpool first game

unionhotel

First game away to Liverpool; last game away to Citeh.

MoPo may never return to SMS. Spuds don't come until the end of April; he'll probably be sacked by then!

LOL, that is what I thought as well. I guess we might seem him at WHL, although there's no guarantee of that either!

Yay all set up for lambert to come on with 10 minutes to go and score the winner:x If he does get on the pitch I hope he gets a good reception from the traveling saints fans.

After Liverpool though we do seem to have some (ahem) easier games. A bit like last season hopefully get a decent run in early doors and then try to push on from that.

we have a few grudge games, well the fans will Harry, MP, and Liverpool

i hate it when we try to grudge bigger clubs & they just give us patronising pat on the head in return. Spurs is a case in point.

This Is How It Feels To Be Pompey.

That settles it, if we want to sell, anybody who wants to go to Liverpool won't be transferred until after 16th August.

Or just won't be able to play. We need to get rid of players earlier than that if we really are going to sell them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Liverpool game is a timely reminder of what a good deal Lambert was for them. £4m is about the right price for a substitute striker but to get one who is in the England squad looks like daylight robbery. Shame for Rickie is that if he only gets a handful of games or sub appearances, his boyhood dream might feel a bit flat after a while. Have a feeling he won't enjoy that first game whether he plays or not. If Saints lose he'll probably feel embarrassed and if Saints win he'll be wondering if he did the right thing. I suppose he would settle for a draw.

Or just won't be able to play. We need to get rid of players earlier than that if we really are going to sell them.

Not under the rules. Gentleman's agreement only, so that rules Liverpool out.

Not under the rules. Gentleman's agreement only, so that rules Liverpool out.

I realise it's not 'in the rules' (except loans) so you make it a condition of sale. We don't want to sell and don't need to.

I wonder if the World Cup players will be match fit for the first fixture. I imagine they will have a holiday and miss out on a bit of pre-season. (Though I suppose England players will be coming home sooner than others!)

Anyone think it will be similar to last season?

Do well up until 22 November, lose the next 3 in a row afterwards (like we did- lost to Arsenal, Chelsea and AV), then lose form and confidence and proba have key injuries, so we screw it up against Burnley etc, and then for the next few months...

and then Glasgow (oops, Heisenburg), comes out with all the 4 wins in 17 etc etc

Will be a painful game to watch if they get their hands on Lallana and Lovren as well as Lambert.

Sort your Tapatalk signature out, Dad.

First game away to Liverpool; last game away to Citeh.

MoPo may never return to SMS. Spuds don't come until the end of April; he'll probably be sacked by then!

What's the matter with it sonny boy? ?

The Liverpool game is a timely reminder of what a good deal Lambert was for them. £4m is about the right price for a substitute striker but to get one who is in the England squad looks like daylight robbery. Shame for Rickie is that if he only gets a handful of games or sub appearances, his boyhood dream might feel a bit flat after a while. Have a feeling he won't enjoy that first game whether he plays or not. If Saints lose he'll probably feel embarrassed and if Saints win he'll be wondering if he did the right thing. I suppose he would settle for a draw.

Just being a part of the Liverpool set up will enough for him, he will play for them, he will score for them and he will end his career a happy man. Not for one moment will he think he has done the wrong thing, even if we thrash them twice and do the league and cup double.

What's the matter with it sonny boy? 

Well, given the frequency of posting and the potential quality posts you've got in you, it's a shame for most of your triumphant return to be product placement for your phone :)

Will get tickets if you fancy making the trip.

Aren't we a known bogey team for Liverpool? Could get a result here like last season.

You never know, but they are a much better side than us as it stands, i guess it depends who we get in. its not just lallanas/Shaw exit that will have an impact for me the biggest impact will be losing lovren who has handed in a transfer request, no offence to the others but he was a cut above the rest of our defenders!

Aren't we a known bogey team for Liverpool? Could get a result here like last season.

as a matter of fact YES - but not always in the away fixtures. I had contact with a L'pool fan who was talking about their poor away performances down here. (They didn't always travel so well.)

During the McMenemy / Nicholl period we regularly stuffed them (at The Dell) where they had only 5 wins in 14 seasons, although results were't always so favourable for us at Anfield, and we had only 2 wins in the same period.

Since the Millenium we haven't fared so well, but there have been some memorable drawn games between us.

Edited by david in sweden