Morgan tweet - wow

whelk

Destroyed for Morgan, doesn't he realise it's 6 years destroyed for the fans with him forcing his move? Prefers to be with poch than saints even though we've paid him handsomely and gave him a platform to play. Needs to show us more respect, if the club say no it's no. Be tough on him or Ralph is on to a hiding to nothing.

What a ridiculous comment from MS. What does he mean!!??. How can six years be destroyed because we want him to stay!!! Make him play for the U21's or don't pay him until he agrees to honour his contract. And if it was six wonderful years why not make it at least 7, 0r 8 or ???. Totally p***** off with all these greedy bas*****!!!

We just need to hold our nerve. Krueger has made his own noose with the guarantee that he will stay, so selling Morgan now will be career suicide (as a football chairman at least).

The situation at the club is toxic at the moment and players need to know that if they kick up a fuss on twitter its not going to affect the outcome. Guessing that he won't be our captain next season now though. Such a shame it has to get so petty, he needs a big fine for his comment. I really feel for Koeman having to sort all this out before a ball is even kicked.

Didn't Puncheon do something similar not so long back? And didn't Suarez kick up a fuss last summer. Very unprofessional, he is under contract and if anyone is trying to "destroy" anything or change anything, it is him.

If Morgan didn't want to be held to staying for 4 years, he shouldn't have signed his lucrative 4 year contract. Same with Jay. Simple. No sympathy whatsoever. The contract means if the club consider it in their best interests to stay, they stay and they play and they get paid for doing it.

Can see this ending in the same way as Suarez last summer, with MS signing an even more lucrative new deal in the next couple of weeks, which would be great PR for club as it has mended the relationship, MS has bought into RK's vision, etc etc, but with a £20m release clause in it, which means he will be off next summer when the heat is off.

He's under contract - the default position is that he is staying until we accept a bid for him.

That is obvious in normal circumstances but current circumstances are anything but normal he has just seen five of his best mates and the heart of our team leave and we are asking him to be loyal to a board strategy and level of ambition he has no faith in and then the club announce they have reached a tipping point and he has to stay!

I can understand his frustration to be honest. Once the heart had been ripped out of the team and many of his "mates" are on their bike. It must be difficult to think there is much to stay for.

As opposed to joining a club where he only knows the manager?

Wrong. If Morgan goes the Ralph has to be fired. No credibility whatsoever left.

behave,

you can see sour mash and jeff already setting themselves up to say "fuk him"

some are even adamant there is nothing seriously wrong at the club at the mo

It is unprofessional but I would think it is very likely he was told he could go at the right price and that would be to Spurs with negotiations clearly at an advanced stage then at the 11th hour to have the rug pulled. I guess he's a little peeved.

Exactly.

It was being reported yesterday that the club view was that players who wanted to leave, should go.

It's pretty clear that spurs and saints were in talks.

I can understand his frustration to be honest. Once the heart had been ripped out of the team and many of his "mates" are on their bike. It must be difficult to think there is much to stay for.

Strangers are just friends he hasn't met yet.......

He'll be fine

That is obvious in normal circumstances but current circumstances are anything but normal he has just seen five of his best mates and the heart of our team leave and we are asking him to be loyal to a board strategy and level of ambition he has no faith in and then the club announce they have reached a tipping point and he has to stay!

Ahhhhh poor Morgan pass me a hankie!

I reckon the club have pulled the plug at the last min on a sale of morgan due to the monumental amount of crap they are getting from all directions and decided to take a stance.........and morgan first heard about it the same time we did

Wrong. If Morgan goes the Ralph has to be fired. No credibility whatsoever left.

So what should happen? We're back to that age-old conundrum. Do we force a player to stay, potential causing upset in the squad? Or do we reluctantly let him go? Neither is a particularly good scenario.

I do agree that Ralph made a pretty unequivocal statement earlier and I am sympathetic to what you're saying... I just think that Morgan now potentially has control over Ralph's credibility and it shouldn't be that way.

The board should now get on and do what they have set out, recruit good players to beef up the squad. If in that process an additional key midfielder and striker are recruited and MS and JR still want out get rid of them.

Something doesn't seem quite right. Didn't Ralph say the club had not been in contact with Spurs regarding MS and JR? So if this is Morgan throwing a fit over not being able to leave then surely that must mean either he has been tapped up or someone isn't telling the truth? If there is no bid for him then why be upset about staying?

I must admit, I was a little naive to think that they'd just sold Morgan and Jay the vision and that they were happy to stay for now.

They clearly hadn't been spoken to at all. Another utter PR disaster by own good old friend Ralf.

I posted earlier tonight that I felt the club had finally got wind of the discontent of the fan base at the exodus and that Morgan and JRod were lined up to go but they pulled the plug and launched today's PR offensive. Seems to have back-fired spectacularly.

Think it's more likely that they acted in response to Koeman - I'd imagine he's also asked what the f*** is going on. I can sympathise with Morgan more now than if he'd been the first to leave / express a desire to leave. All the players must have known that we were, what, 3 or 4 players shy of having a real shot at breaking into the top 6. As soon as a couple have gone, the rest will have been thinking that we are heading back down the league, and not wanting to be the only ones left playing in a far less capable team. Would rather he'd had that conversation in private than on twitter, but then if the board aren't communicating with the players before making such statements then why should the players care.

We are so miss-managed at the moment it's not funny. My biggest concern is that there was a real sense of a togetherness from the whole club including the academy players, and now it seems that even these kids who are our future will be sitting there thinking exactly the same as us, Morgan, j-rod and Koeman - what the actual f*ck?

How can you blame him? They have let all the others go so why shouldn't he?
We are talking about Tottenham. Pochettino and Spurs signed an agreement not to take any of our players for 1 year.

He's taking it personally probably not realising the legality of this agreement. I would think this doesn't stop them going to another club. I was told Rodriguez can't leave till he gets full clearance from the doctors and his insurance. This is normal in the case of such an accident.

Edited by ART

I reckon the club have pulled the plug at the last min on a sale of morgan due to the monumental amount of crap they are getting from all directions and decided to take a stance.........and morgan first heard about it the same time we did

Yep both parties in the wrong on this one IMO.

We just need to hold our nerve. Krueger has made his own noose with the guarantee that he will stay, so selling Morgan now will be career suicide (as a football chairman at least).

The situation at the club is toxic at the moment and players need to know that if they kick up a fuss on twitter its not going to affect the outcome. Guessing that he won't be our captain next season now though. Such a shame it has to get so petty, he needs a big fine for his comment. I really feel for Koeman having to sort all this out before a ball is even kicked.

The club don't even have to hold their nerve for that long Ralph said this summer so both players can be sold in Jan with no come back on the club.

So what should happen? We're back to that age-old conundrum. Do we force a player to stay, potential causing upset in the squad? Or do we reluctantly let him go? Neither is a particularly good scenario.

We should of done that after Lambert went. You cant have an atmosphere of players being able to go when they want at a club. It tells everybody in the club if they want out they can go too. In fact didn't Koeman or someone say they only want people here who want to play for the club? Morgan needs to act more professionally but you can't blame him for wanting out if everybody else is going.

Agreed, seems the most plausible action for his outburst. This board are complete f*cking amateurs.

Actually, what is Morgan going to do? Strike? I think not, he has just made the national side, he's not going to jeopardise that? Sulk and be disruptive? He will find himself in the reserve tout de suite and saying au revoir to any further caps. All he can do is get over himself and play well and hope he gets a move in January or next year.

This! Time to fight back, we don't need the money, so if he loses value through not striking or us simply not playing him, it is of no concern to us - it's not money lost after all. He is the one who will suffer, until he toes the line.

And anyone who justifies MS's behaviour as acceptable and 'his right' needs to seriously look at themselves and their own motivations and see how far removed from supporting SFC they are.

We are talking about Tottenham. Pochettino and S;purs signed an agreement not to take any of our players for 1 year.

He's taking it personally probably not realising the legality of this agreement. I would think this doesn't stop them going to another club. I was told Rodriguez can't leave till he gets full clearance from the doctors and his insurance. This is normal in the case of such an accident.

ART's now ITK - wtf is going on :scared:

Something doesn't seem quite right. Didn't Ralph say the club had not been in contact with Spurs regarding MS and JR? So if this is Morgan throwing a fit over not being able to leave then surely that must mean either he has been tapped up or someone isn't telling the truth? If there is no bid for him then why be upset about staying?

It's quite clear that negotiations were at an advanced stage with Spurs. The Club eventually realised how p1ssed off the supporters were becoming over the exodus so pulled the plug on the deal to appease them / us. Add to that today's PR charm offensive and that's where we are tonight. A state of continuing disarray.

They have every right to do that.

I must admit, I was a little naive to think that they'd just sold Morgan and Jay the vision and that they were happy to stay for now.

They clearly hadn't been spoken to at all. Another utter PR disaster by own good old friend Ralf.

It is only a PR disaster if we now sell one of the two players this summer. I mean if the club have decided enough is enough and won't sell anyone else aren't they giving the fans what they want ....... even if it means Morgan training on his own and not playing.

Agreed, seems the most plausible action for his outburst. This board are complete f*cking amateurs.

I am amazed people still think we are in good hands and all this is good and come out with stuff like "relax"

oh, morgan has 'unfollowed' the club on twitter

he will be sold and people will say the club had no choice

they are playing a blinder here.

creating a way to get the fans ONSIDE for more sales of our star players

The board can do what they want, they hold the contract, they are not obliged to sell. You'd obviously rather MS was left to leave 'cos he's worth it eh?

He will be gone within a week, we all know that.

Ralph said to a direct question with regards Morgan and JRod on Talksport, if they do not want to be here then we will re-evaluate. This has obviously been set-up by the board. Pull the plug on the deal on the table with Spurs and tell the player he cannot leave. Player goes mental on social media, throws his toys out of the pram. We then can retain our credibility with the media and fans by saying look, he wanted to go and made that plainly obvious in a public domain, what could we do blah blah blah

34 years supporting Saints ruined by a bunch of crybaby spastics venting on twitter. All footballers are ****s...

44 years for me and yet I remain inclined to have more sympathy with the players Morgan has been one of our most loyal players and stayed with us 6 years on the journey down not only the journey up for someone like him to want away so desperately tells me there is something very, very, wrong at the heart of our club.