Toby Alderweireld Signs on Season Loan - Official

Aziz Yebda

@MurrayGroves: Toby Alderweireld has completed his move to #saintsfc on loan until the end of the season with an option to buy. Mane not quite done yet.

posted earlier

That is just a chancer. Post it as many times as you like.

What we're waiting for is actual confirmation, not guesswork from a din on twitter.

Can I be the first to suggest a couple of hilarious nicknames for him as is traditional for our players

Firstly the Jug. PMSL Spider-Man, to the Jug, forward to Pelle end etc...

If he's crap and our defence keeps getting carved open the we can call him the Carvery

And of course we can shout abuse at him by saying he got made to look a right Toby and look around to see if anyone is laughing at us.

That Tony Alderwood, he's claaaassss he is.

Can I be the first to suggest a couple of hilarious nicknames for him as is traditional for our players

If he's crap and our defence keeps getting carved open the we can call him the Carvery

And of course we can shout abuse at him by saying he got made to look a right Toby and look around to see if anyone is laughing at us.

2qtbtpu.jpg

He'll be class if he hoofs it forward.

Oh dear. Been on the pop tonight pal?

@SouthamptonFC: Alderweireld: "I'm very happy to be here. I think this is an upcoming club." #saintsfc http://t.co/MgswbKGbN0/s/UpHb

@SouthamptonFC: Alderweireld: "#SaintsFC put a lot of effort in to get me, so now I want to give something back to the club by doing my best for the team."

@SouthamptonFC: #SaintsFC manager @RonaldKoeman: "I am delighted that we have been able to bring Toby to the club. I know him very well." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: Koeman: "We needed competition in our squad, and with Toby here we now have a lot of possibilities and quality." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: Koeman: "In our first conversation, I told Toby about our plans, about the ambition of the club and about how we play." #saintsfc

Edited by trousers

@SouthamptonFC: EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Watch @AlderweireldTob's first interview as a #SaintsFC player - http://t.co/hWWRyG20yX/s/xsDR #SaintToby

He comes across extremely well, excellent English and speaks very genuinely about the move to Saints.

You can't underestimate the power of having an ex legend like RoKo as manager, it appears that he was a major factor in this coup of a signing!

He comes across extremely well, excellent English and speaks very genuinely about the move to Saints.

You can't underestimate the power of having an ex legend like RoKo as manager, it appears that he was a major factor in this coup of a signing!

Agree, whereas F^ckitupatino managed to attract Pablo Dani Osvaldo..