• Wanyama
    • Davis
    • Tadic
    • Mané
    • Pellè
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Rodriguez
    • Yoshida

So happy. We were the better team by far. Mourinho's last words in the pre-match interview: "We are a better team"... well, I think not Jose! He was not even big enough to acknowledge we were far superior today. I don't think any team have given Chelsea more trouble than in this game for the last year or so. Thrilling game to watch - could have been 4 or 5 for us easily. Everyone played well for us, except perhaps Stek who was probably affected by Willians fluke goal...stupid commentators thought he did that on purpose but panel at half-time correctly said that was supposed to be a cross.

Brilliant result, I live within sight of Chelsea's ground, so I will be able to gaze at the sight of Saints amazing victory all night. I expect someone (4th official?) had a word with the ref at half time regarding his atrocious performance and our stonewall pens, so he evened it up in the second half!?

Don't think he conciously 'evened it up', just started giving the correct decisions - might have been warned about being such a blatant 'homer' at half time.

Pelle is so consistent this season. Mane ran them ragged. Solid at the back (I acutually thought William's free kick was a cross, Quinn thought otherwise? Whats the general consensus on here, NOT THAT IT MATTERS!!!).

Great performance. Beat a standard team but still super! Also loved Jose's rant at the end. 7 mins long! ha! Quality!

The Falco/Stek incident wasn't even a foul anyway; the ref got that one right. So Mourinho's a double ****.

Yep. The replay clearly shows Falcao deliberately going over before he made any contact with Stek.

No surprise that The Special Needs One didn't see it that way. He's always been too fond of himself, but he has clearly lost the plot completely now. I don't see how he can turn this around now.

Was there an official Sky MotM? I lost my stream during the Mourinho's rant. I'd put my money on Mane he was a different class today... as were a few others.

They gave it to Mané I believe, although was still running around like a lunatic celebrating to really hear any post-match interviews/analysis!

Pellé equally could have got MOTM - won the majority of balls, flicked on, held up well, great touch, some superb skill and passes and, of course, what a finish! He also didn't stop running and chasing down until the final whistle.

Enormous credit to every single player but also thought that Cedric, Fonte, VVD, Wanyama and Davis were superb.

What a win, still so happy and long may it continue!

Pelle is so consistent this season. Mane ran them ragged. Solid at the back (I acutually thought William's free kick was a cross, Quinn thought otherwise? Whats the general consensus on here, NOT THAT IT MATTERS!!!).

Great performance. Beat a standard team but still super! Also loved Jose's rant at the end. 7 mins long! ha! Quality!

Definitely a cross - lucky goal - although you'd have hoped Stek would have got it anyway. He fooled the TSN commentators here in Canada but not the panel (who were players and knew he was trying to whip that in to the far post).

While I agree that Mane was MoM, Pelle, Tadic and Cedric were excellent, VvD was a rock at the back: a word for Bertrand. .He harried Hazard all game long, didn'y give him a look in, didn't fall for any of his quick-feet tricks, just kept him under control. I can't think of a bad performance by a Saints player, but Bertrand was definitely excellent.

To be fair. It was Cedric that did this up until the 70th minute when they moved Hazard to the right to get him away from Cedric. Cedric was awesome, and unexpectedly so.

Yep. The replay clearly shows Falcao deliberately going over before he made any contact with Stek.

Was similar to the Targett tackle Vs West Brom almost as if the refs have made a decision to not give pens when the attacking player premeditates the penalty!

We even gave them half a chance by bringing on J-rod who, much as I love him, still looks several yards off the pace of the Premier League.

Agreed. Long is a much better option.

And Jay Rod deserves a fine/rest for that stupid haircut as well.

What a win that was. Losing all respect for Mourhino who whinged about not getting a penalty and pointed to that as the sole reason his team lost giving us no credit whatsoever and totally ignoring the 2 penalty incidents we had (I thought neith the Mane or Falcao incidents were pens but the Ivanovic shirtmugging of VVD so definitely was FWIW). I LOVED Pelle's shot, arrowed perfectly into the bottom corner but Mane was MOM all day long. Stand out efforts from VVD, Cedric, Tadic and Davis (for the goal if nothing else) but overall team display was utterly superb. C'MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mane should get booked early every game, a better player when not going down easy. VVD is way better than i expected, Soares and Bertrand were flawless, Pelle and Wanyama back to their best and JWP and Davies staking their claims successfully.

A full team display with nobody putting in a poor performance.

Great performance, controlled the second half and the result never looked in doubt. I kept waiting for The Alamo, but it never came. Was more nervous in the last 5 minutes against Swansea than today.

Back 4 were fantastic, Pelle gave a masterclass in playing up top , Mane & Tadic looked lively and the midfield worked tirelessly. However, the difference from a month ago is the full backs, they've given us balance.

Stekelenburg 6

Bertrand 6

Soares 7

van Dijk 8

Fonte 8

Romeu 6

Wanyama 7

Davis 7

Tadic 8

Mané 9

Pellè 9

Excellent performance!

Thought Mourinho's comments were hilarious. Lost the plot!! A thoroughly enjoyable 7 minute rant.

Agree with all that except Bertrand 6 which is ridiculous. He was excellent, minimum 8

Seems to me that in Cedric and VVD we have fully replaced Clyne and Alderweireld with players at least as good and arguably better.

I know Hazard wasn't very good but I think Cedric was quite good defensively today !

To be fair. It was Cedric that did this up until the 70th minute when they moved Hazard to the right to get him away from Cedric. Cedric was awesome, and unexpectedly so.

Hazard was switching throughout the match. Cedric did a terrific job on him too; but I just wanted to point out how well Bertrand handled Hazard whenever he came down the left.

That was amazing. We completely outplayed them all over the pitch.

Our fans were excellent as well, pretty much non stop singing from start to finish. Chelsea on the other hand had the worst sort of half and half scarf wearing football tourists you'll ever see. Massive amounts of selfie stick knobbery and goons carrying bags full of official merchandise. I'm so glad we don't have to put up with that at St Mary's every home game.

Just saw this on MOTD

Mourinho- 'we should've had a penalty etc etc

Interviewer- 'What about Southampton's two claims in the first half?'

Mourinho- 'I prefer not to comment'

Pathetic. Didn't praise us once, and lost all respect I did have for him.

Stekelenburg 6

Bertrand 6

Soares 7

van Dijk 8

Fonte 8

Romeu 6

Wanyama 7

Davis 7

Tadic 8

Mané 9

Pellè 9

Excellent performance!

Thought Mourinho's comments were hilarious. Lost the plot!! A thoroughly enjoyable 7 minute rant.

Errrrrr Where is JWP? He put in a cracking shift second half.

Are there still weirdos like Vectis and Batman that don't rate Pellè. :lol:

Or are there just tedious infantile weirdos like you? We've just won 3-1 against Chelsea but you have to be a knobhead and not think of positive things. Really don't get what ****s like you get out of life.

I seem to recall I didn't rate Pelle after his first game or so, he was poor at the time and looked like he didn't give a toss. I'm still not a great lover of him, but hey ho I can't fault some of his recent performances. He was also pathetic against Man U asking to be subbed. Doesn't mean he can't be good as well. Sadly thickos like you don't seem to be able to cope with the notion that players can improve, can go good and bad spells, and so on. Some people see how players perform in a particular match and base judgements on the displays, not on how you think a player played or how you want him to play.

Edited by VectisSaint

Or are there just tedious infantile weirdos like you? We've just won 3-1 against Chelsea but you have to be a knobhead and not think of positive things. Really don't get what ****s like you get out of life.

I seem to recall I didn't rate Pelle after his first game or so, he was poor at the time and looked like he didn't give a toss. I'm still not a great lover of him, but hey ho I can't fault some of his recent performances. He was also pathetic against Man U asking to be subbed. Doesn't mean he can't be good as well. Sadly thickos like you don't seem to be able to cope with the notion that players can improve, can go good and bad spells, and so on. Some people see how players perform in a particular match and base judgements on the displays, not on how you think a player played or how you want him to play.

Is that a yes or a no?

Literally was speechless after the game.

We've won against the "top 4" in the last 3 years but none as dominant as this. Watched in a pub with a Chelsea mate who shook my hand afterward and literally said "Could have been six" and he was not wrong.

I'll hold my hands up here, Bertrand had made a massive difference. VVD too - first time I've seen him take on one of those dribbles and telling that it was against Chelsea.

But that front three...we'll hit 6 against somebody soon in the PL. Could have been today, it will be against somebody. We've just gone to the home of the Champions and put 3 past them. Could, should have been more. Let that sink in a little.

Unbelievable performance, not singling any player out as they were all top drawer.

3pts off 4th people...with 4th place up next...

Got to be honest, didn't expect us to be in with a shout this season of Europa/Champs League places through the league...but maybe, just maybe...its all coming together...