Forster and Bertrand in the England Squad

Mattio

Thoroughly enjoyed watching England tonight.

Better side, no doubt.

Good young players, playing well

Just a shame Roy will fudge it up and ensure Rooney, Wilshere, Sturridge play a full part

Kane and Alli have been excellent

Alli my MoM

I'm in a bar in Berlin watching the match. The German's all applauded Vardy's goal. They are disappointed in the German team as they look rusty and haven't got stuck in enough.

I just hope Forster doesn't have to make a dodgy save and injure himself.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching England tonight.

Better side, no doubt.

Good young players, playing well

Just a shame Roy will fudge it up and ensure Rooney, Wilshere, Sturridge play a full part

Kane and Alli have been excellent

Alli my MoM

Might be a watershed for Hodgson. Similar Remember Bobby Robson and Gazza.

Different tune makes a change in a sterile terrace song world
But as with "Payet" "Ozil" "van Dijk", its one of those songs that will get sung the f**k out of and just end up annoying everyone. Fine once or twice a game.

Good buzz around England now.

Is that three away wins to Germany in a row?

players from the top 2 score the goals.

no rooney and we play like that. So many have been calling for this set up for so long and we look a very decent side.

Exactly this. I enjoyed watching an England performance tonight for the first time in.....I genuinely can't remember!

With Danny Rose's debut and Bertrand's withdrawal, I reckon there's a chance he'll now go to the Euros at Ryan's expense - Woy will definitely take one of Gibbs/Baines.

Rooney will go back in when fit. Woy just won't drop him.

With Danny Rose's debut and Bertrand's withdrawal, I reckon there's a chance he'll now go to the Euros at Ryan's expense - Woy will definitely take one of Gibbs/Baines.

Difference now being that there are genuine alternatives, especially with Man Utd not doing well this season, I think there's a chance now that Rooney's not an automatic pick.

Difference now being that there are genuine alternatives, especially with Man Utd not doing well this season, I think there's a chance now that Rooney's not an automatic pick.

Agreed. Up to Rooney now to rise to the challenge, which he will. All positive.

Rose has had a good season but still flirts with his team spot with Davies. Bertrand is our clear no.1 left back and has added versatility to his game by being comfortable in the LCB slot, and versatility in a tournament is a big thing.

Fair play to England tonight, though p while they did look bright, the curse of our defence is there for all to see. It has been a weak spot for years. I think centre back is probably the weakest position now. Still our attacking options are now looking brilliant. Kane is class and created that goal on his own, Vardy's finish was excellent, and Dier scored a good goal and was solid in defensive midfield.

I still refuse to get my hopes up though. This is England under Hodgson after all!

God it's going to be depressing when Roy shoehorns Rooney, Baines, Sterling & Wilshere into that squad come the summer.

Every ****ing tournament I get excited that we can win it and every tournament it's awful. Irritatingly after that performance I'm fully in the going to win it camp - this time will be different, we can't lose the euros!

God it's going to be depressing when Roy shoehorns Rooney, Baines, Sterling & Wilshere into that squad come the summer.

Every ****ing tournament I get excited that we can win it and every tournament it's awful. Irritatingly after that performance I'm fully in the going to win it camp - this time will be different, we can't lose the euros!

Get yourself out of that camp.

Roy has said time and time again that his captain will play. He has said a few times that he wants to take wilshere if he is fit. I don't think he means match fit

Sterling will be back and he plays for man city!!!!

No chance will Kane start up top with alli in the 10 position in France, unless Rooney is ruled out.

You watch, the position of some of the journalists will be how brilliant it will be WITH Rooney in this side

Get yourself out of that camp.

Roy has said time and time again that his captain will play. He has said a few times that he wants to take wilshere if he is fit. I don't think he means match fit

Sterling will be back and he plays for man city!!!!

No chance will Kane start up top with alli in the 10 position in France, unless Rooney is ruled out.

You watch, the position of some of the journalists will be how brilliant it will be WITH Rooney in this side

Couldn't agree more, been saying for about 5-6 years we should lose Rooney, but as you mentioned the UK journo's will be saying he MUST play, just as they were on Sunday Supplement last Sunday embarrassingly. Vardy and Kane both hitting the 20 goals mark this season, when was the last time Rooney did that!? Now he's played in whatever position they can squeeze him into in order to get him on the team sheet. Wayne Rooney is not Philip Lahm, if he is not the best option in his position then he should not play, his versatility is a myth shoved down our throats since his various managers discovered he was no longer capable of playing as a striker. Currently, he is so far behind Kane and Vardy in my pecking order, but alas probably not Roy's.

And it starts with the Journo's.

Chris Davies on the radio this morning saying that Rooney has to start, playing behind Kane.

He is our only player close to world class, our top scorer and should start unless injured etc etc

went further to say (when pressed about rooneys tournament form)

that his form is no different to any other current england play and is a moot point

--------------------------------------------------------------------

what is it with the media and the obsession with rooney? it is painfully clear that he is just way past it

he may have the odd good game but he is basically done as a top player and has been for a while.

And it starts with the Journo's.

Chris Davies on the radio this morning saying that Rooney has to start, playing behind Kane.

He is our only player close to world class, our top scorer and should start unless injured etc etc

went further to say (when pressed about rooneys tournament form)

that his form is no different to any other current england play and is a moot point

--------------------------------------------------------------------

what is it with the media and the obsession with rooney? it is painfully clear that he is just way past it

he may have the odd good game but he is basically done as a top player and has been for a while.

Yep. I reckon a lot of strikers would have been our top scorer of all time if they were guaranteed to be picked every single game they were fit from the age of what, 20 onwards?

Sunday Supplement.

he is an OUTSTANDING player. Roy MUST start him is the general theme....

Paddy Barclay saying Rooney must be a lot better to start otherwise he should not. Simple as that.

Lipton saying no team would drop rooney from their side. he is our best player by some distance

He went on to say, he would play Rooney in the 10 position and play Alli wide left. :uhoh:

Sunday Supplement.

Paddy Barclay saying Rooney must be a lot better to start otherwise he should not. Simple as that.

Lipton saying no team would drop rooney from their side. he is our best player by some distance

He went on to say, he would play Rooney in the 10 position and play Alli wide left. :uhoh:

Ah, the England wide-left position. Our favourite position to bodge talented players into.

Sunday Supplement.

Unbelievable!

I suppose current form has nothing to do with it.

Guarantee Rooney will start in France if he's fit. What an exciting team we have if we can get a decent manager in though!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Rooney will just have to up his game and compete. He is not top dog anymore.

He is good for English football.

Would be my choice to replace Roy. Not that it would ever happen

Poch has been successful because his players are trained from pre-season to be the fittest. He would not have that advantage as England manager.