New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

Am I the only one that values results over the style of football?

I wouldn't be fussed if we won every game 1-0 through long ball tactics, genuinely wouldn't.

Do you go to the games or watch on TV? I find when I am at SMS and the game is boring as hell, I wish I was at home. So no, I do not want boring football.

Reports emerging in Italy that Frank De Boer is the new Lazio manager, allegedly: http://www.football-italia.net/85466/report-lazio-pick-de-boer

Interestingly (or not) Jorge Sampaoli, who I'd love to see at Saints, was seemingly a done deal as the next Lazio manager. Wonder what's changed for him in the last handful of days...

(Almost certainly not related to Saints, but hey...)

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

Someone that prowls up and down the touchline all game screaming and showing that all important quality of PASSION

Someone that will encourage the board to spend Millions and millions even if we dont have it so we can show everyone we have AMBITION

Someone that will never ever leave, that none of the big clubs will be linked with and will be GRATEFUL to be manager of a club like Southampton and thank us weekly.

If Sampaoli can't get the Lazio job, maybe he'll come here instead... :rolleyes:

A friend of mine, who supports Spurs, said that although he liked AVB and didn't want him to be sacked, he wasn't convinced about his skills - Bale factor was huge in amassing record points but key views were that he never managed to nail down a distinctive style or system over an 18 month period. For example, playing a high line but not pressing, having a slow and static offence etc. If I was on the fence on AVB that has tipped me slightly against the idea...

If Sampaoli can't get the Lazio job, maybe he'll come here instead... :rolleyes:

Reckons he was Roman's 1st choice for Chelsea job. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/next-chelsea-manager-jorge-sampaoli-claims-lack-of-english-cost-him-the-job-a6931866.html

Doesn't speak English, but that's not stopped us going for an Argie coach before.

Emery - PSG

De Boer - Lazio

Howe - Reportedly wants to stay loyal to B'mouth

AVB or David Moyes it is then.

You are basing this on one person's word of a shortlist drawn up 2 months ago. There are plenty of good coaches out there. Some will be more realistic targets than Emery. We just don't know

Hope whoever we get its someone we genuinely want, not a 4th or 5th choice.

If three weeks ago someone said we should swap Koeman for AVB I doubt many would have loved it.

I wouldn't have loved to swap Koeman for anyone three weeks ago, to be quite honest. Doubt any of us would have, really.

Lewis Coombes from BBC South Today:

@LEWIS_C: Is FDB interested in #SaintsFC job? Agent: "No." - fair enough... Would tie in with reports in Italy linking Dutchman with Lazio..

Must be true. As he was openly interested in Swansea & Everton.

Of course not. Anyway, whoever we get we will say was the first choice. Lets just hope that is close to the reality.

Here's hoping. Wouldn't be surprised if Les found a candidate straight from left-field. I have preferences but I don't see anyone of those discussed seriously that I wouldn't be able to get behind. I trust the club will get it right.

Maybe the Lazio De Boer story is to push the board into making a decision?

Unlikely - we can't be "pushed into making a decision" as we currently have another manager contracted to us. I think people might need to calm down a bit.