New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

The offer is from Southampton, and Marca deem the claim so good that they've reported it twice in their Saturday newspaper, in entirely separate articles. Ronald Koeman is currently Southampton manager and the Dutch media think he'll remain, but that's not a universal view around Europe.

Interesting, esp given the timing.

I've voted for '****' Emery because as that's who I'd most like to see at SFC and the fact he doesn't speak English never stopped MP from doing a good job.

However I doubt he'd come based upon the teams he's being linked with and also fear he'd use us just like MP and RK as a stepping stone.

Realistically I'd be very happy FDB but equally could see that Moyes, whilst uninspiring, will bring steady regular mid-table/top ten finishes and won't be using us yet another rung on the ladder to personal success.

Time will tell but very unimpressed with RK taking a step backwards and chasing the $. I sincerely hope it ruins his career and Everton spend millions only to achieve nothing.....not that I'm bitter at all! Just sick to the back teeth of our club being raided every bloody season........

If it's between FDB, AVB and Pellegrini then so be it. I'd personally rather FDB but I trust the board more than my own knowledge on these matters to get the right man to fit with the clubs vision and personality.

Which of FDB, AVB and Pellegrini's management styles best fit the profile of Saints playing style?

I'm thinking of starting a thread called "CB Fry makes snap judgements on European football managers based entirely on a 15 second skim of their Wikipedia page and how their hair looks on Google images".

Too much effort - just base it on how their name sounds. Eddie Howe sounds like a pub DJ, Andre Vilas Boas sounds like a Portuguese Launrence Lewellen Bowen, and Manuel Peligrini sounds like a Spanish donkey cart driver.

Ps I was too lazy to look up the correct spellings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unlikely - we can't be "pushed into making a decision" as we currently have another manager contracted to us. I think people might need to calm down a bit.

Well, yeah but let's not kid ourselves. If Koeman is leaving and has made it clear to the board, they are obviously going to be negotiating with other managers, whether it's official or not.

Has the ex Watford manager Flores been mentioned. Thought he did a great job with an average side at Watford. Michael laundry could be another outsider. But with saints it will be someone off the radar more likely.

Has the ex Watford manager Flores been mentioned. Thought he did a great job with an average side at Watford. Michael laundry could be another outsider. But with saints it will be someone off the radar more likely.

Reed will have hung us out to dry if he went for Laundry. He loves himself.

c326211b92638287cb3ba38df185ee30.jpg

That's a bôllocks article. "while Tottenham and Liverpool have also been interested in the past." Why on earth even mention them FFS? They are about as likely to sack their managers and appoint him, as we are to sign Messi. Arsenal is the biggest club who might sign a new manager, but they aren't at the moment wanting to be rid of Arsene. West Ham seem happy with Bilic but of course could "upgrade". Sunderland or us?

I wouldn't have loved to swap Koeman for anyone three weeks ago, to be quite honest. Doubt any of us would have, really.

That is true, but at that time we had faith in Koeman's integrity, in his commitment to see out his contract at the very least, and the expectation that he would be signing for an extended period. Isn't it the lack of integrity that has changed attitudes, with people now questioning whether he ever had a magic wand? For a couple of months up to January things were looking very shaky with a long string of defeats and it was the performance of the squad that turned things round. We could all name some players who performed beyond expectations but would it be right to give Koeman credit for that?

Well, yeah but let's not kid ourselves. If Koeman is leaving and has made it clear to the board, they are obviously going to be negotiating with other managers, whether it's official or not.

We're sounding out managers and agents, of course we are, but we can't and won't make a "decision" until we know he's definitely gone and all that compensation is on its way.

We're sounding out managers and agents, of course we are, but we can't and won't make a "decision" until we know he's definitely gone and all that compensation is on its way.

Perhaps we do. "We" being the club and not necessarily the general public.

Perhaps we do. "We" being the club and not necessarily the general public.

Whatever. This began with the idea that a newspaper running a story about FDB joining another club to "force us into a decision". It isn't, it won't.

Style of football is still a concern though isn't it?

Not attacking you, but I've seen a couple of posts using style of football against AVB, but none have applied the same logic to FDB. A dutch poster on here claimed he played dull football, and it seems they aren't the only one...

https://m.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/4iyiaa/frank_de_boer_leaves_ajaxdays_after_his_agent/

I just don't see how FDB would be a continuation of our style. I can't remember many occasions during the last five years when our play would have been described as dull but effective.

I'm not defending AVB particularly, but let's at least apply the same rules to both him and FDB.

In the French media this morning its being reported we're after Pelligino

m.goal.com/s/fr/news/28/main/2016/06/06/24332022/southampton-manuel-pellegrini-pour-remplacer-ronald-koeman?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fnews.google.fr%2F

In the French media this morning its being reported we're after Pelligino

m.goal.com/s/fr/news/28/main/2016/06/06/24332022/southampton-manuel-pellegrini-pour-remplacer-ronald-koeman?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fnews.google.fr%2F

Does not add anything new other than guess work.

The Toffees are seeking a new coach, and the Dutch technician would be part of a list of potential sucesseurs of Roberto Martínez. According to the Daily Mirror, Southampton, the club's Ronald Koeman, would that still the coach who led the team for two seasons, but would have already prepared a possible departure to Everton. And one that could replace the former libero, Manuel Pellegrini, who will leave his position as coach of Manchester City.

Pellegrini now favorite at 2/1 at Paddy Power

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

And still 8-1 with coral. Whoever has a punt did it with PP. Interesting to watch to see where people are throwing their money as I spect we've only out feelers out at the mo and not actually spoken to anyone.