Euro 2016

Batman

Nice for Iceland to stick it up Ronaldo and rob them of 2nd place...... Superb break away goal to win it.

Er. They haven't stuck it to Ronaldo in any sense of the phrase. Portugal now play Croatia and then Switzerland or Poland instead of England, France and then Germany Italy or Spain.

If it was down to me the only way Hodgson would deserve a contract is if he wins the thing and even then it would be in the hope he has the decency finally retire at the top of his game.

Edited by Saint IQ

Iceland will park the bus, England will huff and puff without creating much and the result will be a 0-0 bore draw.

Iceland win on penalties.

0-0 is right, but England will win on penalties, and Hodgson will be proclaimed as a hero for having all 5 strikers on the pitch at the end of the game and getting us through to the quarters. Cue France, and an exceptional performance from England in a defeat to France that papers over the fact that we're a disjointed mess.

"Quarters eh? Well done Roy" says the FA. "Another 4 years for you then!"

Er. They haven't stuck it to Ronaldo in any sense of the phrase. Portugal now play Croatia and then Switzerland or Poland instead of England, France and then Germany Italy or Spain.

Croatia look like one of the handier teams left in to me. Could do a Greece or Denmark and go all the way

How is it that a team finishing third benefits from an easier run through the rounds? Seems a bit backwards somewhat.

Nice to see Ireland take the lead, why the **** did ITV give Andy Townsend his job back though.

Has England ever won a penalty shootout? I seem to remember maybe beating Spain in Euro 96 on pens? Can't think of any others.

Spain is the only one. But we've only ever played the big teams in pens. We won't lose to Iceland with postmen and brickies taking them and a trawlerman in goal.

How is it that a team finishing third benefits from an easier run through the rounds? Seems a bit backwards somewhat.

Nice to see Ireland take the lead, why the **** did ITV give Andy Townsend his job back though.

It has only happened because favourites like England Spain and Portugal didn't win their Groups

Portugal actually finished Third and got into the easy half they would have been in the half of death with England Spain France and Germany had they come second

I do not class ireland as a home nation.

Neither did I, hence listing them separately from "other home nations".

Because they aren't a 'home nation' in the same way that France aren't a 'home nation'.

I know. But I would still rather see them do well than France because it's easier to identify with them.

According to BBC Breakfast TV, 10% of the population of Iceland are in France to support their team. To compete with that we need five million supporters from England.

More like 7 million, unless of course you're adjusting for the non-British residents of our fair isle.

I'm thanking Roy for giving us a crack at the Welsh. I make them big favourites to beat us on current form.....but in a one-off game with so much at stake...who knows. Penalties await imo.

I'm up at 02:30 on Saturday to drive up the M3 to meet up with some others in London then head for the EuroTunnel. We might get battered by the Welsh but as you say, who knows. I'd take penalties too.

I'm up at 02:30 on Saturday to drive up the M3 to meet up with some others in London then head for the EuroTunnel. We might get battered by the Welsh but as you say, who knows. I'd take penalties too.

Jammy git. Did you manage to get hold of a ticket? Should be some atmosphere.

Have a great time Bazza. Opportunities like this don't come a round very often. I'll look out for you in the crowd :)

Jammy git. Did you manage to get hold of a ticket? Should be some atmosphere.

I'd applied for 'Follow My Team' tickets to this stage. That's it though, if by some minor miracle we progress to the quarters I'll be watching on the tv. The well has most definitely run dry & my liver's probably permanently damaged! :D

Have a great time Bazza. Opportunities like this don't come a round very often. I'll look out for you in the crowd :)

Cheers mate, I'll try & get the flag up in a decent location again. (We do bring nearly as many flags as fans though!)

IMG_7003.jpg

Because the draw put Hungary, Iceland, Austria and Portugal in the same group and the 3rd place comparison doesn't allow for difficulty of schedule.

I'm up at 0600 - Eurotunnel at 0950, then driving to Paris with the wife and my dad, 2 of us have tickets, my dad doesn't. In the Wales end, 2 tickets face value.

Only got back last Thursday morning after 4 games in 5 days in Lens, Lille, St Denis and Paris. :)