Euro 2016

Batman

I cheered his goal probably more than I will if England score later. Couldn't blame him for going home after this tournament, they will be lining up to sign him over there.

Buffon, what a player. I absolutely love the bloke. He has to be one of the best keepers of all time.

Getting rid of Pele, eepecially after letting Mane go :facepalm:

Boy oh boy, cant wait to see the replacements lined up...

I can't wait to see your negative posts on the matter. I'm lubing myself up in anticipation already.

Amazed how ineffective Spain are. Missing a striker and winger really, Italy deserved it despite far less individual quality. Pelle very good, and plenty of good movement all game. Think they'll give Germany a good game too.

Spain have this problem because all of the top front men in their domestic game are non-Spanish, Griezmann, Ronaldo,Messi, Neymar, Suarez not one of them qualified for Spain. Torres was the last decent front man that they had really and he's way over the hill by now. Costa was not too bad, a poisonous striker capable of getting goals and opponents sent off. He's not really a Spaniard though and I don't think the others liked him much.

All that said Giaccherini looks a far better player with the National side than he ever did with Sunderland. Pelle had a great game. Was that his first yellow or is he out for a game now ?

I cheered his goal probably more than I will if England score later. Couldn't blame him for going home after this tournament, they will be lining up to sign him over there.

Buffon, what a player. I absolutely love the bloke. He has to be one of the best keepers of all time.

With Dino Zoff

Spain have this problem because all of the top front men in their domestic game are non-Spanish, Griezmann, Ronaldo,Messi, Neymar, Suarez not one of them qualified for Spain. Torres was the last decent front man that they had really and he's way over the hill by now. Costa was not too bad, a poisonous striker capable of getting goals and opponents sent off. He's not really a Spaniard though and I don't think the others liked him much.

All that said Giaccherini looks a far better player with the National side than he ever did with Sunderland. Pelle had a great game. Was that his first yellow or is he out for a game now ?

First yellow, and a ridiculous one at that

Just extending Pelle's contract would be far better for Saints than selling him and buying in some unknown unproven player, wouldn't it? No risks involved to keep a 15 goal a season striker, no brainer to me!

I don't care if his performances are increasing his value, there is no point in selling him, he gives us options up front. He may have is crap games, even crap months, but when he is good he is very good.

Put him up front with long and play two up front. Works for Italy......!

Typical England. Score early like all the media said we should, and then let Iceland equalise with a long throw the media said we should look out for. ****s sake. Early days but still. Typical England.

A goal from open play would be nice...