Euro 2016

Batman

So we pay Woy 4m a year and he has available some of the highest paid players on earth and yet again England struggle in a very moderate group

Meanwhile Wales pay Colrman less than 200k and have a team of lower lever premier players mixed with solid Championship performers with exception of Bale and Ramsey and they win the Group easily scoring 6 goals to England's 3

Says it all really

Yep. Pay more peanuts and you get bigger monkeys.

Why is anyone surprised? Hodgson sucked any flair out of the team in Brazil, and we had a qualifying group that even Pompey could have got through. That papered over the cracks and now we have been exposed as being the very average team that we are. If Hodgson gets a contract extension I guess I'll be ****ed off, but really, I haven't found England worth watching for 20 years now.

We know from watching Saints these last few seasons that it's so so difficult to break teams down when they sit back with no intent to get forward. Frustrating, but we're likely to be playing a not great team in the next round so all to play for. Btw, the ref was a fascist pussy. Totally gratuitous and pointless comment but I don't give a fck.

We know from watching Saints these last few seasons that it's so so difficult to break teams down when they sit back with no intent to get forward. Frustrating, but we're likely to be playing a not great team in the next round so all to play for. Btw, the ref was a fascist pussy. Totally gratuitous and pointless comment but I don't give a fck.

TBF I think it's pretty likely we'll end up playing Portugal.

And that, Ladies and Gentlespoons is why England are not going to go much further in the Euro's this year.

We drew the game because of our inability to finish. Not because of good defending by Slovakia.

Not good enough.

I wouldn't really say it's our inability to finish, more the fact that we simply didn't create enough clear-cut chances for some of the most prolific players in the PL. Formations, tactics is all the blame. Too pedestrian and rigid.

Domination.Domination. Dominating. Dominating. Means F all if you can't score

You still talking about football?

That performance was enough. England havent been great but then none of the big countries have been. Hopefully they'll come alive in the group stages.

Slovakia parked the bus and asked the question, England didn't have much of an answer. We snatched a few chances but never really created anything good. Final ball wasn't particularly great.

Against a team like Slovakia you either need to attack at pace and pull them out of position or you need to do something clever, fast 1-2's or beating players in 1 on 1 situations and creating space, England couldn't do this.

Frustrating but that's England for you.

Domination.Domination. Dominating. Dominating. Means F all if you can't score Roy.

They had 3/4 goal line clearances. We all jump on the bus and laugh at Barca when they lose to to some Spain team after having 40 attempts - but at the end of the day we all want to be barca.

This is the best England team ever and can easily win this tournament - the teams we are going to play next are actually going to have a go, which plays into the famous Colombian James Vardeeees hands.

Sturridge didn't do what he was supposed to ie finish chances that could of been one of the great England goals before he went off that volley from a Pirloesque pass from Dier.

Barely even got contact on it, awful.

Rooney was very frustrating when he came on aswell, lost the ball so much, never looked to pass early enough.

Boring tournament featuring loads of tedious defensive performances. Can see more of the same in the knockouts as the lesser nations try to hold out for 120 minutes and have a crack at the pens (and no doubt succeed if they happen to be playing us).

They had 3/4 goal line clearances. We all jump on the bus and laugh at Barca when they lose to to some Spain team after having 40 attempts - but at the end of the day we all want to be barca.

This is the best England team ever and can easily win this tournament - the teams we are going to play next are actually going to have a go, which plays into the famous Colombian James Vardeeees hands.

Our sh ite defence hasn't been tested yet.

All we do know is if we go one down against a proper team we've got pretty much no chance of getting back in it.

Can't see us drawing Portugal. They will probably top the group if they win, or come 3rd if they don't. I think it will almost certainly be Hungary. They'll have their tactics sorted though, frustrate us and play for penalties.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Were not good enought to beat Slovakia or Russia FFS why would we be more likely to beat Portugal?

Portugal couldn't beat Iceland. Everyone needs to stop being fannies. Yes, we probably won't win the tournament buy Roy is right- we have dominated all 3 games we've played so far but just struggled to break defensive teams down. I find it highly unlikely that Portugal will have that mindset, especially given Ronaldo's comments after the Iceland game.

I have very little doubt that England will make at least the last 8.

Does anybody else think crossing the ball is a dying art? In all the games I've watched in this tournament the ability to put crosses onto this box has be woeful. Either they don't beat the first defender or the sail right over everyone and out of play on the other side. When someone does occasionally put a good cross in no one from their team seems to make the effort to get on the end of it.

Does anybody else think crossing the ball is a dying art? In all the games I've watched in this tournament the ability to put crosses onto this box has be woeful. Either they don't beat the first defender or the sail right over everyone and out of play on the other side. When someone does occasionally put a good cross in no one from their team seems to make the effort to get on the end of it.

To an extent. Slovakia were eating up those floated balls into the box all day. Even when we had the centre backs forward, did England EVER win a header in their penalty area? With Vardy and Sturridge on, the crosses should have been from getting to the byline and whipping it across the face of goal. Clyne was getting in behind a decent amount, and then we changed shape, took Lallana off, and basically halted that tactic altogether...