Jimmy_D

Interesting post on Reddit:

"Puel bought...

Aly Cissokho for 15 million

Kader Keita for 15 million

Mathieu Bodmer for 6.5 million*

Jean II Makoun for 15 million

Ederson for 15 million

All these players were average at best during their time at the club and were resold for barely a third of what we bought them."

If signings are on of his weaker suits that doesn't really bother me because he won't have full say over signings. We have a committee and a very extensive scouting process so he'll only have a small input.

Seems more he is the improving players on the training ground type manager, similar to Klopp, so he'll probably just have input into where we need improving and then the team + black box go look for the best player to match that criteria.

The Nice fans are mostly taking the pis s out of him. The last post is "Good luck Claude. Do not return".

http://forum.ogcnissa.com/viewtopic.php?t=27023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=270&sid=8a46d9b82a08816750cf6f9b398cc66f

You mean like alot of posters on here did when Koeman left?

Aye. For a manager who took them to 4th twice in 4 years with two usual finishes - 11th and 17th - between, I am sure that they are glad to see the back of him. If he was here for 4 years and got us 4th, 17th, 11th, 4th I would accept that - well maybe not the 17th but obviously the 4ths and probably the 11th.

Interesting post on Reddit:

"Puel bought...

Aly Cissokho for 15 million

Kader Keita for 15 million

Mathieu Bodmer for 6.5 million*

Jean II Makoun for 15 million

Ederson for 15 million

All these players were average at best during their time at the club and were resold for barely a third of what we bought them."

Kader Keita was not signed by Puel.

Mathieu Bodmer was was signed by Puel for Nice, for 1.8m euros, the 6.5m transfer to Lyon was before he joined them.

Jean II makoun scored the goal that ultimately decided Lyon's Champions league win against Real Madrid.

Ederson was a good player. He turned down Real madrid and Man Utd to sign for Claude Puel @ Lyon...

Aly Cissokho - ok, but he was a french international, so can't have been that bad, on paper he was a good signing.

Aye. For a manager who took them to 4th twice in 4 years with two usual finishes - 11th and 17th - between, I am sure that they are glad to see the back of him. If he was here for 4 years and got us 4th, 17th, 11th, 4th I would accept that - well maybe not the 17th but obviously the 4ths and probably the 11th.

That would only work if the French league had the same number of strong teams as the PL. It doesn't. By a long way.

There are posts about him bringing his two sons and having them involved in the club. Doesnt sound ideal.

Poch brought his son. Ronald brought his brother. Gregoire plays for Le Havre at right back 24 years old. Paulin plays for Nice 19 year old striker. Daughter Charlene as well.

Kader Keita was not signed by Puel.

Mathieu Bodmer was was signed by Puel for Nice, for 1.8m euros, the 6.5m transfer to Lyon was before he joined them.

Jean II makoun scored the goal that ultimately decided Lyon's Champions league win against Real Madrid.

Ederson was a good player. He turned down Real madrid and Man Utd to sign for Claude Puel @ Lyon...

Aly Cissokho - ok, but he was a french international, so can't have been that bad, on paper he was a good signing.

Perspective - thanks.

Welcome to SFC Claude...

Just want to clarify, are we giving him a chance to start the season before we say "he`s uselsess" or words to that effect?

Good point.

He's already been condemned on this site, almost as soon as his name was first announced, and by some knowledgable posters.

Which must make Puel a very good appointment.

Good point.

He's already been condemned on this site, almost as soon as his name was first announced, and by some knowledgable posters.

We need to give the guy a chance as the appointments we have made since Markus took over have been very good.

Good point.

Commentators on 5 live thought it a clever appointment. Same on Off the Ball where they were suitably impressed whereas over on Talksport Fat Al Brazil was disappointed we didn't appoint Michael O'Neill or Chris Coleman.

So in my book that's 3 out of 3 from the radio panels. Any appointment that confuses the Talks***te breakfast show has got to be good.

Very happy with the appointment.

Champions League here we come.

Ps search out the Mlt tick of approval article on SBNation. Good interview with a knowledgable French football journalist who rates Puel as the last good French coach.

If Pellegrini has turned £300m into Joe Hart and Raheem Sterling and if the Southampton way has produced/nurtured/improved Clyne/Shaw/Bertrand/Lallana/Forster and possibly JWP too, all on about a quarter of their budget, then I'm very happy that we have appointed a hands-on track-suited manager and player-improver, rather than an expensive trophy-wife type of a manager.

Can't believe we got Eric Black. Walking disaster machine. Ask Villa, Celtic and Blackburn fans.

He's a coach not the manager - his job is to coach to the manager/clubs requirements. Just because he was ****e elsewhere doesn't mean he will be ****e here with the structure we have in place.

It doesn't, but people will be reticent. I'm slightly concerned he's here too, and wonder what the players make of the villa coach turning up. Hopefully he'll be fine, and of course those previous clubs aren't all his fault, but christ he's associated with some disasters.

Totally understand the reticence but we are not them and they are not us. If that was the case then we would have been relegated under a certain argentine manager /coach

Can't believe we got Eric Black. Walking disaster machine. Ask Villa, Celtic and Blackburn fans.

What a load of absolute pony.

Celtic was run by Kenny Dalgleish and John Barnes, but it was all Eric Black's fault? Villa where he came into an already relegated side on three or four years of non-stop decline and chaos, but again all Eric Black's fault for his five minutes as an assistant manager? Blackburn, Throughout all their turbulent times under Venky's everything is all the fault of Eric Black.

He's a coach with a lot of experience who despite being a "walking disaster machine" is never out of work for long.

Some people are just desperate to have a pop.

Celtic was run by Kenny Dalgleish and John Barnes, but it was all Eric Black's fault? Villa where he came into an already relegated side on three or four years of non-stop decline and chaos, but again all Eric Black's fault for his five minutes as an assistant manager? Blackburn, Throughout all their turbulent times under Venky's everything is all the fault of Eric Black.

He's a coach with a lot of experience who despite being a "walking disaster machine" is never out of work for long.

True, but to be fair a surely a squad should improve with good coaching. I think that if he had been at clubs where they had real success as him as a coach you may well be heralding how good he is because of that.

He hardly is a good luck charm

True, but to be fair a surely a squad should improve with good coaching. I think that if he had been at clubs where they had real success as him as a coach you may well be heralding how good he is because of that.

You can only work with what is in front of you - if the players are ****e then your only polishing the turd.

The bit about his sons was from a parody Twitter account.

There is no way we would sign Gregoire Puel. Having physically seen Le Havre play, it was comfortably the worst standard of football I have ever seen.

(their stadium, however, is very nice and they play God Save The Queen before every game)

Dave Watson was at relegated Norwich before he came to us.

After Remi Garde was fired Eric Vlack got the players doing a lot better and unlucky not to win a couple of games.

Dreamt about Puel last night and my unconscious saw somerhing of Pardew in Puel.

y

Quite like how a lot of people are winding themselves up before a ball has been kicked.

I'm quite sure the club will have done their homework and wouldn't have signed him if he was such a disaster.

Stop panicking ffs

Find me some good comments from fans of those clubs.

And you are right he isn't out of work for long. Normally following being sacked or who he has assisted has been sacked.

You like to give it the big one so like I said show me the praise for him. Until then shut up you keyboard warrior.

And you are right he isn't out of work for long. Normally following being sacked or who he has assisted has been sacked.

You like to give it the big one so like I said show me the praise for him. Until then shut up you keyboard warrior.

Wtf? I know it's Friday afternoon and all that, but steady on old chap. All he did was say Black isn't as bad as all that; he did **** your wife whilst petting your dog!

Wtf? I know it's Friday afternoon and all that, but steady on old chap. All he did was say Black isn't as bad as all that; he did **** your wife whilst petting your dog!

I doubt if Black signed for any other club as a coach would be met as positively here

Imagine if he joined Koeman at Everton. I doubt anyone would say it was a good appointment.

preceded by the signing of Redmond by the Toffees

oh, how we would have laughed

(i think redmond is decent BTW)

Didn't take long to find this off a Villa forum -

I said at the time, I cannot understand the hatred towards this bloke from Villa fans. He was a coach, that was thrust into a managers job for 3 months and people expected him to turn round the biggest cock up this club had ever produced. It wasnt gonna happen !

In my eyes, he started the recovery.

We now know Gabby is a lazy arsed overwight idiot - why ? - coz Eric Black told us he was

and the same about the other players.

Southampton are no mugs, and this appointment goes to show how well respected he was and is in the game.

From me at least Eric, good luck, hope it goes well, and thanks for at least trying to get these overpaid tosspots to do some work !

Edited by holtelower 30/6/2016 17:01

Read more: http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=62325&posts=6#ixzz4DAJEcZFM

Didn't take long to find this off a Villa forum -

I said at the time, I cannot understand the hatred towards this bloke from Villa fans. He was a coach, that was thrust into a managers job for 3 months and people expected him to turn round the biggest cock up this club had ever produced. It wasnt gonna happen !

In my eyes, he started the recovery.

We now know Gabby is a lazy arsed overwight idiot - why ? - coz Eric Black told us he was

and the same about the other players.

Southampton are no mugs, and this appointment goes to show how well respected he was and is in the game.

From me at least Eric, good luck, hope it goes well, and thanks for at least trying to get these overpaid tosspots to do some work !

Edited by holtelower 30/6/2016 17:01

Read more: http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=62325&posts=6#ixzz4DAJEcZFM

Didn't take long to find these

Celtic

"He was known as toenails by most of the senior players-so far up joke broons arse that was all you could see.

Also a dirty grass fact"

"Chancer if there ever was one.

Totally incompetent, fud, and hun to boot"

"Got to admit I've not heard a good word about the man from his time with Celtic - was always suspected as being the chief leaker of information - nicknamed the Weasel by quite a few folks"

Rotherham

"I saw what Evans said about this coach and concluded that he was a great addition.

I have since seen some breakdowns of his past record which has allowed me to form an evidenced based opinion[something that I greatly value]

His record appears to be abysmal and he seems to have been associated with teams that have performed very poorly.

Looking at yesterdays performance, my mind is truly boggled as to what they have been practicing in training, presumably a strategy of total disarray and confusion."

Villa

"I have never seen a more clueless manager at any premiership club. "

"If we are to rebuild I don't see how such a failure of this level can be kept in any capacity. Add him to the list of woeful players we need to move on. "

"clueless, spineless and willing to blame everyone (including the fans) but himself for the debacle...playing players who should be nowhere near the 1st team, talented youngsters or creative players ignored, the list is endless"

" I hope he has nothing to do with us next season, not only is he clueless but also has an incredibly pessimistic attitude"

"Clueless, useless, pathetic, moronic, **** is how i would describe Eric Black "

"his negative comments & attitude in press conferences makes me feel he is the worst we have had"

"Useless, hope he is off soon"

Blackburn

"reckon eric black has been the worst assistant in the league this season"

"As soon as we replaced Mark Bowen for Black it all went downhill. That's the story of Eric Black"[

etc etc I can't be bothered to quote anymore as there are tons and tons of them.

Let's hope CB Fry is right and this guy is a quality coach who will take us on to the next level. Up a level I mean. Not down a level like he did at Celtic, Blackburn, Villa, Rotherham, Birmingham, Wigan, Blackpool etc he does seem to have been involved in quite a lot of clubs going through the ****. That doesn't mean it is his fault. Maybe just unlucky. But if he was this great coach why has he not got a stale job coaching at one of the better PL sides? Always seems to be around teams in trouble.

No one asked to find sh1tty messages about him (there are a lot, granted) but a good one.

Hopefully he turns out to be a quality coach and never has the reason to take over the top job...

Written off already....:rolleyes:

Why is someone not given at least a chance to be sh it before being classed as such ?

There are posts about him bringing his two sons and having them involved in the club. Doesnt sound ideal.

Poch brought his son. Ronald brought his brother. Gregoire plays for Le Havre at right back 24 years old. Paulin plays for Nice 19 year old striker. Daughter Charlene as well.

Puel does unfortunately have a worrying similarity to Pulis as far a name goes. Hope that's the only resemblance.